Promo Tokens / unauthorised charge

1 Malaysia Review updated:

On 27 FEB 2013 I've logged on to this website iGamingPod.com and unknowingly touched a key and I was billed US$8 immediately and I used my VISA credit card to settle it (this is the biggest mistake I've made - I should have used my PAYPAL instead!). I didn't realise that it is a recurring charge and 1 month later I was charged US$19.95 WITHOUT my authorisation!!! The worst thing is I cannot terminate the transaction because the website is no longer active or available. I've filed a dispute form with the credit card issuing bank and hopefully they can help to STOP the unauthorised payment and get me the refund.

Jt
Apr 27, 2013

Comments

• Be
      14th of May, 2014

BEWARE: TOTAL SCAM! Was looking for a business template for work, and was led to a site saying it had exactly what I was looking for. I clicked to get the "free download, " and it took me to playdesk.net (should be PAYdesk.net), where they require you to sign up fora 5-day free trial. Only thing is, they require your credit card info to sign up (gullible me believed their bs line about only needing that info because they can't provide certain downloads to certain countries or something, and their GUARANTEE that my card would not be charged unless I decided to become a premium member).

But then when I quickly realized they don't have the template they promised me, I clicked Help to cancel, at which point I learn that if I cancel within the 5-day period, I'll be charged $1.01, but if I wait till the trial period is done, I'll be automatically subscribed and billed $35 despite the guarantee my card wouldn't be charged unless I decided to become a member. What they *should* say is you won't be charged unless you fail to cancel before the trial period ends, but then you'll still be charged $1.01 (and those small charges from a lot of people equal a good way for them to get a whole lot of money for nothing).

They DO give you the option of canceling for free (within the 5-day trial, if you call them, which I did. But I don't have 30+ minutes to go through their phone tree and sit on hold waiting for a person who may never even answer. It wasn't worth the $1.01 to do that, and I'm CERTAIN that is what they're counting on. I say again, BEWARE