Projector Lamp Center / fraud

1 Atla, GA, United States Review updated:

Do not do business with this company. I purchased a DLP replacement lamp from them. They promised shipping in 24 hours. They did not disclose that the item was not in inventory and back ordered. When I called to inquire, they promised that it would ship in 2-3 days. This happened twice. Ten (10) days later, and nothing. My TV is down this entire time.

Comments

• So
      15th of Jan, 2009

This is a fraud company. I bought a lamp in July 08. The lamp did not work, it took me 3 months to convience them to take back. Then they kept on telling me that they had not received the lamp. Later on in November 08 they agree to send me a new lamp. I still had not received by December 30 08. I even paid them extra $163. As of Jan 15, 2009 I have not received the lamp. They won't even let me cancelled the order or give me refund. Finally I am having my Credit card company deal with them. This is the worst company I have every dealt with. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

• Vi
      19th of Jan, 2009

Quick story: Ordered a lamp online, it was never shipped, have requested - but not yet received - a refund. Longer version: I ordered a replacement lamp for my Sony TV on Oct 3, 2008 from www.ProjectorLampCenter.com. I even paid for "Next Day Air" shipping that was offered. It never showed up. I was told it was on back order, and that there was a "lag time" with the manufacturer. Every time I contacted the company I was assured that the order would be shipped in "5 to 7 business days". The customer service reps were apologetic but unsympathetic and stubbornly stuck to their script regarding the shipping dates. I finally googled the company today, Jan 19th, and to my chagrin, discovered this has happened to MANY other customers. I immediately cancelled my order and requested a refund. I've been told that it will be sent in the form of a CHECK through the MAIL and will arrive in "about 30 business days". I doubt it. I will be filing a fraud claim with the bank that issued my VISA check card.

• Au
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I too have had the same experience. I placed an order on June 26, 2008. After being told for 2 months that this was on backorder, I finally cancelled the order. I was told that a check would be mailed. I'm still waiting and it's now Feb 3, 2009. If anyone gets a refund, I'd love to see them post it. If I ever receive an answer from Tiffany at the Help Desk, I'll share it with the world.

• Gl
      20th of Feb, 2009

We placed an order for two bulbs in Sept 2008. I cancelled the first order in mid-October and the second order in mid-December. Despite repeated attempts to call, chat or email they stick to their script. They promise a refund in about 30 days. I am still waiting after 128 days and 64 days respectively. It is now February 2009 and I am still waiting. DO NOT do business with these frauds!!!

• Di
      31st of Mar, 2009

I placed an order Oct. 3, 2008. I still have no bulb, no refund, and I have now been told that the company has changed ownership, and no refunds or bulbs will be coming. Who would buy a company that is listed as an F on the BBB website? At least I only lost money on the lamp, and not the warranty as well!

7th of May, 2009

My name is Mark, I am President of Lamps and Screens Online LLC. My company purchased the assets of Sage Ryder in a public auction in accordance with the bankruptcy laws in the State of Georgia. The assets included the websites www.projectorlampcenter.com, www.bigscreencenter.com and www.mountcenter.com. Sage Ryder went from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 recently. I will not go into the details why, however the Governor of Georgia's office, the bankruptcy trustee for the state of Georgia and the BBB are now fully aware of circumstances.

Sage Ryder went bust owing my company in excess of $650k, we bought the assets in the hope of recouping some of those losses by turning the company around and making it profitable again. The NEW Company has new management, a solid line of credit and a new mission to offer world class service. We managed to save and re-employ some of the innocent employees that were uncomfortable with the old management practices and re launch the company last week at a new location.

I am very happy to talk or communicate with any old customers that feel they didn’t receive satisfaction and direct them to the relevant authorities. My email address is mark@lasollc.com, please feel free to email me with a phone number and I will gladly speak with you.

As the new owners, we will try and point you in the right direction to get some of your money back, as a returning customer we also will be offering a promotion that will be hopefully soften the blow. I ask you to please refrain from posting new comments until you have contacted us.

It is our belief that the old owners of Sage Ryder have set up shop again as www.projectortlampexpress.com their address is 211 Center Parkway, Suite 900, Atlanta GA 30346.

• Be
      7th of Jul, 2016

This place is horrible!! I ordered a bulb for our projector and 5 days after I placed the order they sent me a cancellation with no explanation. I went to their "Live Chat" on their website. It said that I was #1 in the queue and a representative would be with me in 5 minutes. It's been 30 minutes and I'm still waiting! Good thing I'm not #2 in the queue