Projector Export / Sale & delivery

1 MA, United States Review updated:

BE FORWARNED………
I ordered a 46 inch TV for what I considered a great price. I've watched items like this bounce around in price $300-400, so I assumed that I had lucked out, and placed my order. There was a $29 shipping charge. The website said 'In stock, usually ships in 2-3 business days.’ I was also quoted a 3-4 week delivery, which I thought to be long (I expected up to 2 weeks), but I was in no hurry so it didn't bother me. Now, I know that an item this size isn't going anywhere for $29, so I thought this to be a 'paperwork' fee, and the shipping was built into the price like the 'reputable' internet stores. I then saw a negative review for Projector Export, looked into it, and found many more. I contacted them once through their internet site, and twice by e-mail, to follow up on my order. None of these were acknowledged or given a response. So, I called. They started by reiterating the 3-4 week delivery. I asked and was told the TV shipped the 5th day after I ordered it. I asked who was the carrier. Incredulously, I was told they contract to 15-20 trucking companies, and they don’t know which it was for my TV, or where it may be enroute, or an estimated delivery date. We ‘discussed’ this for a while, and finally I was told “You requested the sh%$#@ shipping, and you got the sh%$#@ shipping. I repeated that my question was not about time of delivery, but that they did not know where the TV was or an estimate of delivery. The conversation ended there. I called my credit card company. No charge had been made against my card. I put a block on my card, changed the account number, and cancelled my order. This is obviously some kind of scam. They had one of my credit card numbers for several days, so I’ll be watching my credit report for a long time now.

Jo

Comments

• Je
      4th of Nov, 2008

do not buy from them they are impossible to reach and have a million excuses after you get them on the phone after waiting for over an hour on hold. i dont know how they can sleep at night

• Gr
      24th of Jan, 2009

Bought new TV.Sent an inferior(cheaper) broken and used TVThen un authorized extra charge of $100.00.Refused to return.Shipperd Fed EX .They signed and lated lied to charge card company, claiming no reciept.Tried to force me to keed the Tv by say they were going out of business.Bottom line.Thives, liers and cheats.The worst on the planet.STAY AWAY.

• Sp
      7th of Aug, 2009

I had also purchased a 3 year warranty and the same thing happened to me. Islander were you able to get a hold of them, because I will be loosing $300.