Project Lamp Center / No refund when promised

Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:
Projector Lamp Center does not follow through with their promises. I ordered a lamp on 6/30/08 and was told it would ship within 4 days. On 8/21/08 I called as I had not received the lamp. I was told the vendor was having a problem getting the lamp and that it would ship on 8/27. On 9/10 I called and explained what was going on and they told me they would change the vendor and ship on 9/19. On 10/01 I called again, and they told me it would ship on 10/06. On 10/13, I called and was told it would ship that week, and that the product was very hard to get. (It is a Sony lamp...) On 10/28 I called and was told it would ship on 11/4. On 10/30, I called and cancelled the order, as I found another source that overnighted me this "hard to get" lamp. I was notified on 10/31 by SageRyder, Inc in Atlanta, GA that I would receive the $192.99 refund via check in about 30 business days. I e-mailed on 12/08 for a status update...got nothing. I e-mailed on 12/15 for an update...got nothing, and still no check. I called Projector Lamp today, and the only way you can get any customer service--AND I USE THE PHRASE LOOSELY-- is to go through e-mail or their live chat. So they have had my money for six months, and I never got a product from them.

Comments

Is
  24th of May, 2010
Same thing happened to me. I wound up calling my credit card company and demanding me money back for not getting the lamp I ordered. Projector Lamp center.com or "Sage Ryder Inc" as they are really known is a terrible company. Do not order from them. I now order my lamps directly from Sony...though the quality of the Sony lamp is also poor.