Progressive Tax Group/The Tax Group / Rip-off

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Progressive Tax Group (aka "The Tax Group") is a company that I hired in March of '09 to help resolve a daunting tax issue. After a phone consultation, I agreed to pay a total of $7, 500 to this group to help reduce my federal tax debt. I was assured that this would be done in a timely manner. Well, here we are nearly 2 1/2 years later (and a total of $12, 700 out) with NOTHING resolved. In fact, I was just contacted by the company attorney, Jennifer Shapiro, asking for yet another $12, 500!! Are you kidding me? This is a company that has changed players so many times that I've lost count, has lost my documents on more than one occasion, and has done NOTHING to change my situation. In fact, because of their lack of performance, I find myself in an even worse situation now than I was when I hired Progressive Tax Group. It was my error to hire them. I should have done my due diligence, where I would have found not only a D+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, but also numerous complaints of "rip-off" posted online. Learn from my mistake: AVOID PROGRESSIVE TAX GROUP/THE TAX GROUP!!! Hire them at your peril. (I have filed a complaint with The BBB and have out out a call to my attorney in effort to retrieve all of my documents as well as a refund of monies paid for services NOT rendered.)

Dp

Comments

• Da
      Sep 04, 2011

I found a company that can help www.americastaxnetwork.com. They offer up to two hours of consultation for $99.00. The person they put you in touch with is an Enrolled Agent that was a FORMER employee of the IRS. They will talk with you, discuss your case and answer any questions during that time. If you wish they will then pull your masterfile and check your records with the IRS. If they can help they will offer solutions after they review all your info. Hope this helps...