Progressive Tax Group / Overcharge

Progressive Tax Grout
On May 6, 2008 The government of NJ removed $6411 from my checking account to pay the Sales Tax on my husband's business. I called the PTG in hysterics on May 12, 2008 when I learned of the withdrawal. They assured me again and again that they would retrieve the money and issue an injured spouse policy with the government. That day they charged me $13, 000 on my Discover Card to pay for the "legal services" and to recoup my money.

I called on a regular basis and was always told "We're getting you money back...don't worry." Finally in Sept. a lawyer called and told me that the money had already been deposited and I would not get it back. I believe this is something they knew on May 12th. I have to file for bankruptcy because I cannot pay my credit card bills. They did absolutely nothing.

N  27th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Pay your taxes!!!
A  19th of Jun, 2009 by
If they didn't do anything for you I suggest you try and get your money back by disputing the transaction with Discover card and tell them they refuse to give you a refund. You may also want to file a complaint with Better Business Bureau, Attorney General and IRS. I had a similar problem spoke with Toni who also works for Urgent Tax Care. When I looked up their corporate information it turns Progressive is owned by the same guy that owns Urgent Tax. I also discovered that they are the same company as Innovative Tax Relief. These people are professional scam artists. Don't let them take advantage of you. I simply disputed the charge on my card and was able to get my money that way.