Progressive Direct Motorcycle Insurance / Company policies is a scam!

4 months ago I walked outside at 0530 to go to work went to get on my bike and it wasnt sitting there great now i'm going to late to work. Not a great thing for the marine corps to be late. Call work and call the cops tell them my bike was stolen. Next call is to progessive I had a 2001 Yamaha R1 silver great bike. Progessive takes my statement on what happen. I get a call back from the office in woodbridge saying that i had no theft coverage , i explain to the woman on the phone that i requested it. Her supervisor calls me back and says we will review the tapes, because all insurance companies recored your conversations for things just like this.

Now i think ok good she calls me back and says yes you requested it , but you made 3 payments and didnt relise you were paying for no theft. Well i told her miss i have no statements from you because i found out you guys have the wrong address. And all of my payments were on the phone automated system. Now your supervisor said he would honor my request and i could pay the difference i was told "no" at that point and noone from there company will return my calls. I was brought up to tell the truth and if you give someone your word, you honor it. I didnt try to say i didnt want to pay the difference that there prices not a problem but if you request something over the phone you dont sign anything like if you went in there. Your signature is your voice saying what you want. If I went to A restaurant and said i wanted a steak and they brought out a pizza they would change it. Progessive in the begining told me this happens sometimes not to worry, and since i thought they were an good reliable company, i trusted them to keep there word. As they should. Now i'm starting to wander about this companies policies, I mean if it's really ok for There management to give their word which is all a company has , and turn their back on there customer.

Va

Comments

• Mo
      26th of Oct, 2012

after a year and a half with them progressive screwed up and changed my garaging address for my policy and as a result tripled my premium and to change it back to original garaging address they demanded I show proof that I live at my garaging address (um, since day 1 they were told garaging address is different than residential; it's kept in the suburbs and I live in the city!). First they apologized and agreed to fix it, the they said they couldn't, then they said they would, then they went back to saying show me you live where it is garaged when they fully know I don't live where it is garaged! Hate them right now