Progressive Business Publications / invoice

United States Review updated:

I looked for this company online and read all the complaints. I called co to complain also when they brought up the order i found it had been cancelled already. I had started a trial and sent the invoice back, received another publication and saw red!! I figured i would threaten them as the internet says works, but it was not necessary. I asked them why the complaints? They dont understand, but it is mostly people like me, who instead of calling them, write complaints and assume they messed up. I recommend you call them first then complain if you still feel it neccessary, most complaints are invalid, and even the bbb complaints, if you actually check them, have been unfounded and resolved.

Comments

• Kw
      21st of Jan, 2010

I just received an invoice from Progressive Business Publications stating it was the 2nd notice and that payment was overdue for some bogus publication I had never heard of. I have never spoken to anyone from this company, nor have I ever ordered anything from them. I never even received the 1st invoice! This company is a scam, and don't bother calling them because you'll just end up getting in an argument with some rude telemarketer more or less calling you a liar. I can't believe that places like this are allowed to operate under any magnitude...where's the better business bureau when you actually need them!

• Be
      12th of Apr, 2011

I received a call from Lynn Gregory informing me that I have a invoice due for $237.12 since Oct 2010. I asked her what it was for. She said I accepted a free trial back in September and didn't opt of receiving publications after the 30 day trial. I told her no one told me that I had to do that. I accepted the trial because telemarketers would not stop calling me and they assured me I wouldn't get billed and if I like the service then I would pay for it. I told her I was NOT going to pay for anything especially since I did not receive anything, not one publication! She said it wasn't "her fault" and I needed to check with whoever handles the mail. She then proceeded to ask me for my title and was very rude by telling me to "admit" that I signed up for it and to just pay it. Very unprofessional. Obviously its a scam and its sad that they have to get business by sending invoices in hopes that someone will pay for it.

• Hi
      26th of Jun, 2011

You can not call If There Is No Phone Number on the Fake invoice!

• Tf
      7th of Mar, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

• Tf
      7th of Mar, 2013

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2013

Completely agree with the person commenting here as there is NO telephone number on any of the invoices these people send out! I received a telephone call today telling me I ordered this coding publication however we don't even have coders here in our office nor do we need any publications that discuss such issues! The lady caller insisted that I placed the order and when I told her I have looked for a phone number on the invoice to call and discuss the bill, she simply told me that there have been e-mails sent to me as well. I told her I never received any e-mails but I will contact my company IT department to search the e-mail address she gave to me. I doubt there will be any messages ever received. This company is a scam and although I am surprised to see so many complaints, I am glad people can take the time to make a public complaint so others are aware as well. I will contact the legal entities noted above to further lodge a formal complaint against their fraudulent practices!