Progressive Business Pub/CFO & Controller Alertcompany sent invoices for free publication

El Malvern, PA Review updated:

Telemarketer called to see fi they could send some free issues of CFO & Controller Alert to see what I thought. I agreed to them sending two "risk-free" issues. I received one newsletter and then two invoices billing me for $299. The invoiced thanked me for ordering a year's subscrption. I never agreed to ordering the newsletter. I never even got the two newsletters to review. This company is not reputable. I suggest not doing business withe them.

Comments

• Da
      Oct 19, 2009

I strongly disagree with the dissatisfaction of the CFO & Controller Alert. I tried out their "Risk-Free" issues, and I loved them so much, I bought a year's subscription. The newsletter not only saved me time, it gave me ideas to boost my cash-flow and control my spending. I strongly recommend checking it out for free! -Dan Mellas, CFO

• Ti
      Feb 08, 2013

I echo the original complaint -CFO & Controller Alert is not reputable and trys to collect for subscriptions that you never signed up for or approved. If you deal with them be prepared to get harrassing calls from a collection agency trying to force you to pay $299 or else!

• Tf
      Mar 07, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

• Fo
      Apr 17, 2014

I also agree with the original complaint - CFO & Controller Alert is a SCAM! They strong arm you into accepting a free trial which ends up costing $299. I never signed up for it, yet they were still able to say I agreed to it by not returning the first copy that was sent to me. If you deal with them be prepared to get harassing calls from a collection agency trying to force you to pay $299 or risk your good credit rating.!