Product Wizard (ProductWizard.com) / Charging for items not sent, failing to respond to customer inquiries!

1 South Africa Review updated:

DETAILED COMPLAINT:

Failure To Respond To Customer Inquiries, Charging For Items Not Shipped and Generally Poor Customer Service.

I am a South African from Johannesburg. I placed an online order for two pairs of Butler Creek Flip-Up scope lens covers at the website of a company called The Product Wizard on the 21st January 2007. The amount, including shipping costs, was US$34.00 and this amount was charged to my credit card immediately.

The Product Wizard sent me an email confirmation soon afterwards, indicating that an order for these items was placed on 21st January 2007, and that the package was shipped (using UPS Worldwide Express) to Johannesburg on 22nd January 2007. The email that I received from the Product Wizard contained two reference numbers: an order number (87186) and a web order number (51780), but not a tracking number.

On the second month after I placed the order, and still having not received the ordered items in the mail, I started sending emails and faxes to the Product Wizard demanding to be given the tracking number so I can check with UPS. I have had no luck getting any responses to all my emails and faxes.

I also contacted UPS and provided the name of the company, the order numbers given to me by the Product Wizard and other details of the order. UPS could not find the shipment details of my order in their records. They asked me to contact the Product Wizard and obtain the tracking number for them to check the shipment details of the order. I have tried several times to obtain the tracking number from the Product Wizard but no response from the company is forthcoming. I would like the Product Wizard to provide the Tracking number for my order, or return my money.

This has certainly been a rude lesson for me not to ever buy anything from the Product Wizard in the future, however low priced their products appear to be.

Thanks very much to ComplaintsBoard.com for allowing ordinary members of the public like myself to warn others to not buy anything from unreliable online retail companies like The Product Wizard in the future.

Best regards,
TJ Rapoo

The Product Wizard (Productwizard.com)
259 Drum Point Road, Suite 8
Brick, NJ 08723
[protected]

Ra

Comments

24th of Apr, 2008

I am having the same issue with Product Wizard. They charged my account, sent me an online invoice without a tracking number. That was weeks ago and I have tried dozens of phone calls and numerous emails without any reply.

The customer service phone ploy puts you on hold as if you are on a waiting list to have your call answered, but when you get to the #1 que, you receive a recording instructing you to leave a message and your call will be returned.

I doubt I will ever see my purchase, but even if I do, I will never do business with this company again.

• Mi
      24th of Jul, 2008

I had the same problem. The company promises "Same day shipping for orders received before 1 PM", so since I was in a hurry I ordered items from them. I added comment "If you can't ship the item within 2 week, then cancel order" after 2 weeks of waiting I tried to contact them. After another 2 weeks of email with no reply. I sent them email telling them I cancel the order because I already bought the items elsewhere.
    Then after 3 months I received charge on my credit card and notice of package waiting for me in mail.
    2 months after I cancelled my order (3 months since I ordered) they sent me partial shipment containing $17 worth of items from my $170 order with $60 shipping cost (USPS Internatival cost of that shipment is about $10)!!!
    I sent them email telling that I will not accept the delivery of shipment nor will a approve the charge on my credit card. Then month after that another shipment arrives $152 worth with another $70 shipping cost (USPS Intl. $20). Now I emailed them and told them [censored] off. I contacted my credit card company and contested the payments. Of course the credit card company wanted to get the Product Wizards opinion on the matter. Of course the Product Wiz never replied to the credit card company and so they never got their money. HA-HAA !

Also it seems the this sompany in also involved in completely crimal enterprices (in addition of doing really bad business): Over the years I have received strange charges to my credit card from Product Wizard, complete random small amounts (under 10$) I THINK I managed to cancel payment on those. But I might have not have noticed them all. Next charge I see from them I report not only to credit card company but to police too.

SO BE CAREFUL IF THEY GOT YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS !

I live in European Union and I buy a lot of items via internet (mostly from USA)So I know it takes about 4 days and shipping costs about $20-40 depending on size. One USA company based in Florida holds the record: item I purchased was in my hand 20 hours after I emailed them the order.

• Pa
      8th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me.

I ordered several hundred dollars of Surefire products from The Product Wizard. Some of the items did arrive, directly from Surefire...BUT The free batteries (from the product Wizard), never arrived. After three e-mails and two phone calls to Keith D at The Product Wizard, I still have not received the free batteries.

This may seem trivial to some, but the point is, the offer of free batteries is exactly why I chose to do business with The Product Wizard! I have done business with The Product Wizard in the past, with no problems. This time around, Keith D (a CS rep), saw fit to ignore my requests, and attempted to play me for a fool by resending e-mails that claimed the batteries were sent. This is an outright lie.

I also had a E2DL Defender light on backorder with these clowns, which I promptly canceled. They just lost $140.00 and change, (and future business from me!), because of one indifferent, ignorant employee.

I intend to post this link so other folks out there will learn of the poor customer service of The Product Wizard, and especially Keith D.

You would think The Product Wizard would be happy to accept my order for $338.70. Too bad Keith D saw fit to throw me to the curb. I will take my business elsewhere.

Oh, and they still owe me four free batteries!

Slackers!

Beware: "The employees of the Product Wizard greatly appreciate your business, " is a boldfaced lie.

• Ha
      18th of Feb, 2009

Looks like they burned me, too.

I ordered two cleaning rod and some Break Free CLP for gun cleaning - $38.83.

I paid them, through PayPal, with a credit card. They got my money and then canceled the order.

I have called them, and e-mailed them, many, many times and have yet to be able to speak to anyone. They have not replied to any of my emails.

When call, they say all sales persons are busy and put you in line. when you're next, a recording comes on and says leave and message, they'll get back to you - and they never do.

First thin I did was I contact VISA, had the card canceled and then I contacted PayPal to file a dispute.

• Ha
      19th of Feb, 2009

When I went to PayPal to file the claim I saw an email for "steve" - first time I ever saw this.

So I emailed "steve" and a reply can back apologizing for the incident and giving me notice that a refund had been issued.

I went to "My Account" on PayPal and the refund was there.

All is well, but I'm still never using Product Wizard again.

Hack

PS steve was [email]stevea@511TacticalDirect.com[/email]

• Vi
      4th of Mar, 2009

I had also had the same problem with the business. On the BBB website in NJ they listed 60 complaints for them for almost the same reasons everyone listed. I live close & had to pay a few visits personally to acquire my item I paid for. I visited the "showroom", and observed how they do not answer the phone when its ringing. Need I say more? Never again, I felt fortunate to walk away with something I paid for. I wish I saw this site prior to ordering.

• Ji
      30th of Jun, 2009

on 5/14/09 I order 2 item # mot - 53874 sent m.o. HAVE NOT REC > YET!! PROD . OR MONEY BACK THANKS jim

• Ol
      4th of Jul, 2009

Yes they have on thier web site in by 1 pm ship the same day, thats a bunch of BULL!!! This is my last order from Product Wizard!!! If i ever get this one. Not a good outfit to order from. BEWARE Old Sarge

• Ss
      9th of Oct, 2009

I wish to God I had seen these comments before I ordered a 122.00 galco holster from them.I to have been trying to call send emails etc. Just to get a tracking # I am so pissed.They told me that my order was coming from there michigan warehouse and they will send me a tracking#. Lies one after another.Im trying to find if there is a michigan warehouse so far cannot find any info or luck with tracking down my order.I do alot of buys online but never seen such a f-up outfit as product wizard in NJ.Please if any one can provide any info on what to do or how to get any answers my email is spoonieg74@yahoo.com. I will never order from this place again. Also not giving up tell I get my product or my refund. Spoon, VA

• 5o
      16th of Feb, 2010

I am currently having a problem with Product Wizard.com.
    I cancelled an order, they never replied. then a month later they shipped the order and charged my credit card.
    I am currently disputing the charges.
    Beware: do not do business with Product wizard.com