Proctor and Gamble /Clairol / wrong color in package

United States Review updated:

I have used Clairol Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes for awhile and bought a box which now contained a 2-week color revitalizer. After 2 weeks I used it and it turned by hair carrot orange and fried it—literally. I called their customer service and the first operator told me there had been some issues with them going in wrong boxes. She put me through to another rep aand she told me to go to a salon and she sent me forms to send the receipt (which was only $47 I might add). Since then, I've accrued over $100 additional charges just having deep conditioning treatments to try to restore my hair. Well, here it is 3+ months later and I've yet to receive my $47 check. I called and they claim to have mailed it in June, however I've received nothing and when I told them that, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to reissue. I am at the point where a lawsuit is in order.

Ta

Comments

•   Aug 30, 2011

Is $47 really worth a lawsuit? Did you look at the bottle when you took it out of the box? That might have been a clue it was the wrong color. I quit buying OTC dyes a long time ago and now have my hair professionally done. Costs about the same as those boxes because it takes at least 3 to completely cover my hair. Just write it off as a lesson and find a good hairdresser.

• Ta
      Aug 30, 2011

Actually, the regular color bottle itself was right. They put in a "bonus" of a new "color revitalizer" and the instructions say to use it after 2 weeks. It also said the color in that tube wasn't indicative of the resultant color. And yes, while $47 isn't worth a lawsuit, there is the principle involved that they shipped out packages with wrong color revitalizers in them and their instructions led customers to believe they should be used. I think a company needs to be held responsible for their products. I trusted them and it has ruined the condition of my hair, just by following their instructions.

• Da
      Sep 01, 2011

Hi Tami. I’m glad we were able to connect with you earlier today and resolve this lingering issue. I’m so sorry it’s taken so long, and we hope we’ve been able to regain your trust. We truly value you and apologize for the experience you had with the Natural Instincts refresher, and we thank you for giving us a chance to make it up to you!

• Ta
      Sep 01, 2011

Hi, and thank you for the follow up. I'm glad Clairol came through as I have been a long-time fan/user of your products and am thankful I have incentive to continue. Thanks for taking the time to discuss it with me.