Pro Reserva/Top Body Cleanse / Charged my bank account for product I didn't want

Pro Reserva
3007 Greene St
Phone: 866-949-0138
Recently I saw an ad in the newspaper (Parade Magazine) for a supplement called Resveratrol Ultra.

They offered a free trial of the product for shipping and handling only (3.95). I ordered the product to try it. As it turns out I was signing up for a "subscription" and they took $87.13 out of my bank account because I didn't return the product within 15 days. They apparently got my checking account number from my debit card I used for shipping and handling.

The product came in a package with no information in it. No packing slip, order number or return address.

As it turned out, I had signed up for a monthly charge of $87.13 unless I canceled the "subscription" within 15 days. I had no idea that was the case until my checking account was debited $87.13.

When I tried to cancel the account, I got someone in India who told me to use an RMA # and mail the product back.

But they gave me the wrong return address in Hollywood, Florida. They will not issue me a refund until they get the product which is now lost in the mail.

I called my bank and they reversed the charges. The next day the Resveratrol Ultra company using a different name debited my account again using a different Company name (Top Body Cleanse).

Now my bank account is overdrawn and I won't have any money until my Social Security check comes on July 3rd.

I just wanted you to know that this is truly a SCAM. The only thing I can do is close my checking account that I have had for over 20 years or they can continue to debit my account every 30 days for $87.13.

How can a bank automatically overdraw my account without authorization?

I checked on the internet and there were many complaints from people that the same thing happened to. See the link below:

Donald low

A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Same thing happened with me but with my credit card. Went over my limit and discovered it after 2 months of fees. 99 cents turned into $200 in extra charges and fees and hit to my credit report. I called the company and they wanted me to return the empty bottle. I had already thrown the empty bottle away in the trash.

This company lies and cheats. Their CEO should be charged with theft and put in jail. I am disputing the charge with Capital One credit card, but so far after 1 month nothing has happened. They said wait another 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I put my credit card on restriction in case these criminals try and charge my credit card again.

My mother also was hit with the same scam. She fought it but then gave up after they lied and said she agreed to the fine print. I searched everywhere for fine print. I never say anything. This company is a fraud and should be held liable with jail time.

Michael Burke