Pro Photo Nation / Misrepresentation

Pro Photo Nation
False advertising. Ordered a camera advertised at $209.00 with free shipping. Website shows all that is included, battery, charger, etc. I called to check on my order and was asked what battery I wanted to order with it, the 2 hour or 5 hour. I told him I was fine with the battery that came with it, he said it did not come with a battery. I told him that I was looking at their website and it showed that it came with a battery. He proceeded to argue with me, I told him to cancel my order. He said OK, but I will monitor my credit card. I don't know but these guys might be the old USA Photo Nation with a new name.

N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Pro Photo Nation

I have the same problem, and I pay for shipping for 3 day. I called but i do not recibe the camera and camcorder. They told me " you need to pay for the battery", I told their " send me my order". I do not want to pay for batteries their. In other webs is not expensiven.

D  18th of Feb, 2009 by
i had a very nice experience with prophoto nation they answer all my questions and i recieve everything more early then i thought and everything is brand new, i shop with them again, maybe u are too mean to man on pohone and noone want to help rude ppl,
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
They are ripoff artists. I ordered a Canon SX10 camera on 2-5-09, they advertized for 205.00. They called and tried to upgrade me. When I refused they told me they couldn't get the camera for that price, and they sold me a 319.00 package. They charged my card right away, and I didn't get the package till 2-16-09. All the accessories were missing and upon further review they tried to give me a Canon sx 100 instead of the SX 10.
When I called they wanted to credit my card 169. and for me to keep the SX100 which I do not want.
N  19th of Feb, 2009 by
This company is a "bait and switch" scam organization. We ordered a camera kit and never received all of the items. We finally had to dispute the charge and turn it over to the credit card fraud department. Buyer beware!
A  26th of Feb, 2009 by
i ordered a canon xh a1 crystal package for 1879. comes with all the bells and whistles.. brand new... customer satisfaction yadda yadda. i was told that i would get an email after my confirmation containing my tracking number. i never got the email. i start to smell something fishy! i looked up prophotonation on google and sure enough everyones complaining about the "bait and switch" operation. its 100% TRUE. so i called them to find out the status of my order. They said it "hasnt been processed" yet and proceed to tell me that the "BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED" camera doesnt have a charger or a lens?? call me crazy but if its brand new and factory sealed, doesnt that come in the box? after 3 minutes of the guy arguing with me, i just asked politely to cancel my order, and the man proceeds to tell me "ok whatever dont waste my ###ing time" and hangs up the phone. i had to call the credit card company and have them monitor my credit card. ive never heard of ANY company being that suspicious and disrespectful. I URGE AND DEMAND that you dont order ANYTHING from this website. if anyone has any information as to where i can report this that would be helpful! Please think twice if you think your getting a deal from prophotonation.com, because the products are not brand new, theres no address, no way to contact anyone besides the phone number with a bunch of rude people on the line. ive never been sworn at by someone while im trying to further there business and spend 2 grand on a camera. After all the add-ons they want you to do, this camera will cost the same price on any other website. objects are NOT brand new, the customer is NOT satisfied and im doing everything in my power to destroy there "company" and i want to STRESS that i am just a consumer that was trying to find a good deal on a camera and in no way work for any photo or video company. im just REALLY DISSAPOINTED
A  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same problem, that rude guy tried to sell other accessories, he talks too fast, he does not give you a chance to answer. I ended up saying ok to the deal. But when i got home and tried to research about the company, it freaked me out. I called my credit card company but they told me to call them back when a charge is made to my account so an investigation can start, but in the meantime, the customer service rep told me to apply for fraud protection where they call you every time you order on line to verify whatever is charged to your account. This helped a lot because by the time prophotonation charged me for my order, it was kept on hold, my cred card company called me and asked if I authorized this payment, and I told them I did not. But apparently, they cannot do selective blockage of payments so they had to change my account number to protect me from these crooks. Prophotonation is a scam. Abe's of Maine is a good company, more expensive but very reliable, electronic hardware is good too.
A  7th of Mar, 2009 by
Ditto on the other comments related to Pro Photo Nation. They are most definitely a bait and switch outfit. They refused to cancel my order despite the fact that I called back within the hour after doing some quick web research. As with other consumers, I was told that the order had already been "processed" and could not be cancelled. I have never received a confirmation email from them despite them promising a tracking number for the item. When I told the rep that I was just going to place the item back in the box and return it to them, they said that there would be a restocking fee even if the item was unopened. Someone should shut this operation down. They use fraudulent and deceptive advertising. Under a related name (Technondigital) they have 143 reviews with a cumulative rating of 0.26 out of 10... yes, you read that correctly! Don't use this merchant... they are scammers. I currently have a pending fraud investigation with them through American Express and will be filing a complaint through IC3.gov (Internet Crime Complaint Center) which is a site co-sponsored by the FBI. Enough said... buyer beware!
A  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
I had the same problem. I should have known it was a scam. I ordered a nikon d90 kit. I immediately received an order confirmation email that had a phone # to call to expedite the process. When I called in the salesman said that I had to by the firmware from prophotonation or the camera would not work. He also said that the kit did not include a battery. When I told him to just send what I ordered, he responded with "don't be so cheap" . I said to cancel the order and they told me that there will be a cancellation fee since the order had already been processed. Mind you, this conversation occured about 5 minutes after the online purchase (only because I was on hold for about 4 minutes).
When I called amex they said that the charge had not appeared on my card, and I could not dispute the charges until the charge appeared on my card.
What I ended up doing is canceling my credit card. I'll have the new card in the mail tomorrow and there is no way that they can charge me. thank you amex!
It appears as though this company makes it's money primary through order cancellation fees.
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Pro Photo Nation is NOT the place you want to order your material!

I ordered a digital SLR Nikon D90; just the body. The retail price of the body only is $950.- to $1, 000. They offer the body for $279.99! (see attached picture). All alarm bells should actually already be activated by now. I am European and just moved to the US a few months ago. So call me naive or unexperienced, but I proceeded with my order. I immediately received an order confirmation email (Saturday). Next day (Monday) I got another e-mail, asking me to call, in order to expedite my order. I called and realized I am talking to a sales guy who basically wants to sell me things I don't need, by asking closed questions: "Do you need a 2-hours battey with your camera, or a 4-hours battery?" -- "None, I have already the batteries and the battery charger at home." He continued trying (without success) to sell me things I already have, and do not need. At the end of the conversation he said, he will ship it (the body only; just what I ordered) to my address and that was it. Since that call, I never heard back from them. After some days I called them again and asked about the status. Now they told me my camera is back-ordered 6 to 8 weeks. Why did I not get an e-mail nor a phone call? The guy sighed and said, "We DID send you an e-mail, and I will send it again". But still a few days later, never got any e-mail.

My next steps were:
1. Check on the credit card whether something has been charged (this was not the case).
2. Report the credit card stolen.
3. Cancel my order via e-mail

Till today I have never heard from them. Once they know, they can not do the cross-selling with some of their totally over priced products, you will NEVER get the actual cheap merchandise you were ordering! Pro Photo Nation is a TOTAL SCAM! NOBODY SHOULD BUY ANYTHING AT PRO PHOTO NATION. And if the subsequent comment of my comment says, "i don't know what your problem is, the photo crap is great, etc", then, you bet, this is an employee of the CRAPY PRO PHOTO NATION.

N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
And did you notice the picture on their site of their 'store'? It's some other store with 'Prophotonation' photoshopped crudely onto it. Ya know it's some loser living in his moms basement scamming people for a quick buck. The schlump doesn't even speak english, or at least hasn't proofed his website to resemble something professional. What a loser!
A  8th of May, 2009 by
This is the exact thing that happened to. me . It sucks, I have been waiting for 2 weeks- and leave for vacation tomorrow. WITH OUT A CAMERA!!!
A  8th of May, 2009 by
Why do I read these now? I just ordered the D300 package. The sales rep. was very patient with me however seemed agitated when I questioned his pushing the D90 (cheaper body) but keeping the same price. After switching the order back to the D300 he seemed confident and assured me that the camera would be delivered as fast as timely possible (ups ground).

After more than 3 days I haven't heard a peep from them about my order number and tracking. I just sent them an email informing them of my awareness of the negative reviews they are getting. I do not expect a response, however they have responded to my emails during the weekend and during times they are supposed to be closed for business.

They do claim to be a "Production Company" which is why the firmware on the cameras aren't installed. I was nailed on that bait and switch.

My check card has been processed. The sales rep assured me of a 14 day return policy.

I am hoping that I get delivered what I ordered but I will never do business with them again after the shameful tactics of trying to push more offers that aren't wanted by the customer.
N  22nd of May, 2009 by
Be careful - these guys will post positive reviews about themselves on various web forums and elsewhere! They were recently found to be doing this on dpreview.com. They are pretty slimey. Peter
A  28th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I knew $650 for a D300 was too good to be true. Thankfully I Googled them first and found this; thanks to everyone who posted their bad experiences...hopefully you all get a satisfactory resolution.

Upon further examination, it should be obvious these guys are scammers. Look at their website:

-Obvious photoshoped store image. Really, a store with a giant bald eagle, a flag, and a camera? The top of the camcorder image doesn't even align with the rest of the "building".
-The "Shop with A+ confidence" image is not a link to any shopping authority, obviously faked.
-The "Hacker Safe" image has no date and also does not link to the certifying authority, definitely faked.
-The site is littered with horrible grammar and mis-spellings. What reputable business would allow this?
-Their e-mail response time vary on every page.
-And I love this line from their privacy policy:

"Our computer systems protect personal information using an advanced firewall server technology."

Just remember: if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
N  11th of Jun, 2009 by

Pro Photo Nation - refund

pro photo nation has owed $100. since january. I ordered a package that they changed with my consent. what I ended up with was $300. cheaper than the package I originally ordered. they refunded $200. of my money but still owe me $100. I have called at least 25 times and emailed about 10 times to no avail. I have all my receipts and a quote that states they owe me $100. unfortunately I will have to file in small claims court. I'm from out of town so they will have to pay for my airlines ticket, my cab fare to the court house, my hotel room, my day off from work and finally the $100.that is still owed. it's a lot but it's their choice. to anyone getting ready to do business with them, be careful and ask your credit card company in advance to give you some kind of protection.
N  18th of Jun, 2009 by
Absolutely hands down the worst shopping experience of my life. They charged me $445 for a battery that I did not order and that I did not receive. Who pays that much for a camera battery? They also charged me $590 for a 32 Gb CF card which they also did not send me. They promised me a speedlite for $350, but they still charged me $480. Scammers - customer service was horrendous. Instead of sending me the CF card and refunding me for the battery, they want me to return everything. Horrible business - avoid them! I placed my order on 5/12/09. I did not receive my order until 6/10/09. My guess is they wanted the credit card to finalize so that I had no chance of filing a dispute with my credit card company. These people are thieves.
N  24th of Jun, 2009 by
This so called PRO PHOTO NATION is a disgrace to on line shopping it was the worst experience of my life. I tried to purchase a D90 camera and literally 5 minutes later they called me and said it’s not available right now but the D60 is just as good. to make a long story short I ended up ordering the D60 for 599.99 without a lens. They would not cancel my order because it was already in process and they would charge me for canceling it. 3 days later they charged my account again for 599.99 that’s $1200.

I contacted them they told me it would be reimbursed in 3 to 4 days this was the 16th of may. Today is June 24th and finally the refund posted thanks to VISA taking it back from them.

I still do not have the 3 year warranty they promised me. to make things worse my visa card number has been used to buy beauty products and song downloads from Hong Kong and other parts of the United States without my approval. Do not buy anything from these scam artists.

Someone please let me know how we can get these guys to stop doing this to people I will help $ to help stop these creeps from doing this to someone else. I sometimes wondered if this call center is in the basement of their parent’s home. For everyone who has been ripped off by these guys, let’s find a way to get them off the Internet.
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by

Pro Photo Nation - thieves and scammers
Pro Photo Nation
7040 W. Palmetto Park Rd.
Boca Raton
Phone: 1-866-663-8106

Ordered a camera package on May 17, 2009. To arrive May 29, 2009. On the 29th get a call from them stating my order has not shipped out. I smelled a rat! Long story short...they still have my 1150.00 and I still have nothing. I have been told verbally and through emails that I receiving a credit to my account. It is July 8th and there is no credit and there is not going to be. I will be legally able to file a formal dispute against them with my credit card company on the 11th and I will doind that. I guess eventually I will get the 1150.00 credited back. But, these people are LIARS, CHEATERS, SCAMMERS, and THIEVES!!! They should not be allowed to continue business. Also they would not give me their address, which I thought was illegal. I got the address that I do have from the BBB. It is missing a suite number and so the letter I sent was returned to me. They have a D rating with the BBB and I do have an active complaint with them as well. They have robbed me of 1150.00 dollars and they play the game like pro's...knowing they can keep money for like 4 months before a victim of theirs will recover it. It is more than just criminal. Yet, they continue on, "business" as usual, being out and out thieves!
I want them shut down. I wnat some action taken against them. I wnat them investigated, at the least!!! I want to be informed of what is found out and done about them!
A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT INTERNET SITE!! Everyone needs to go to their local police department and meet with the "Fraud Detective". Prophoto Nation.com is criminal. I'm not talking a disgruntled customer here. They received a $3, 000 camera order from me on June 9. Sent me an e-mail saying the camera would be delivered on June 19. On June 22, I contacted them and said no camera was delivered. I was told they did not receive any money for the order and to do a chargeback with my credit card company. I told them that my order was processed with two transactions (one for .99 and a second one for $2, 999.99) and they said both transactions were intercepted by a third party. I was incredulous about their non-chalent attitude. Then they had the audacity to say they had a package with my name on it and would I authorize them to charge my credit card again for the $3, 000 amount. I said, "Hell no." I immediately contacted my bank and cancelled the card number so they could not do a credit card transaction again on my account. My bank immediately filed a fraud claim against prophoto nation.com As of July 1, my credit card has still not been refunded and it could take up to 60 days for my credit card to be refunded. These guys are shady and will be reported to the F.B.I. for criminal investigation. I wish I had read the reviews on this company. The reviews are evidence enough to indict and shut this company down. I since ordered from Adorama and received my order within two business days. DO NOT ORDER FROM PROPHOTONATION.COM THEY ARE A CRIMINAL "BAIT AND SWITCH" OPERATION.
A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
We are going down the same road that you went down. Only they sent me a broken camera. I returned it, (at their cost) but now they don't answer their phones. You are right they will end up having my money for months before our credit card payment can be reversed.