Pro-fitness.com / Billed but no Product

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Still dont have Cable crossover machine have kept all emails, invoice ect.
a few emails below. Please beware

Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:05 PM

Hello Mr. Pringle,

Thank you for your extreme patience on this delivery. The initial delay was due to some new weight stacks we started purchasing. The first shipment of these stacks was excellent, the gym we used these stacks on loved them, and they are some of the nicest looking and functioning stacks that we have used in our 26 years. The second shipment came in without the stems, which is the part with the selector holes which goes down the middle of the stack. These finally came in and we thought everything was fine. While these were out of stock the machines piled up as we were unable to ship a lot of orders while we waited.

In all the backlog of machines, we inadvertently shipped one half, one side, of your crossover in a container heading for Germany. The guys did not notice that you had a slightly shorter machine than the others and grabbed the nearest two towers and shipped them together. We did not notice this until your unit was ready to ship. We made another side of the machine the next day and sent this to be powder coated. We were promised we could get this half of your crossover back within 2 – 3 days, but it’s been about 7 days now.

If you can hold on another week I will make sure your order gets shipped the day this frame comes back from powder coating. If you’d like to give up I can credit your card. Again, I thank you for your patience on this shipment. Please let me know if you’d like a credit or if you can wait another week or so.

Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 2:30 AM
Subject: RE: Pro Fitness Order / Invoice

Jim I am a patient man, but this is out of control I have been waiting on a status of my order.
What really is going on?

Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:20 PM

Mr. Pringle,

I am heading to the plant in 10 minutes and will see what the hold up on this crossover is.

Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:15 PM
To: jmoore@pro-fitness.com

Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:24 AM

Hi Jim
Am checking on the status of my order.
Thanks Luke

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:57 PM

Hello Mr. Pringle.

This will ship within a few days. We just received a shipment of weight stacks which we have been waiting for for some time. We will upgrade your stacks to a steel stack for the delay. We are currently unloading these stacks from a container that was dropped here this morning.

Thanks for your patience!

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 2:26 PM

Jim
Checking to see if there is any update on my adj cable crossover machine Thank you Luke Pringle

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:40 AM

Hello Mr. Pringle,

The unit has been fabricated at the 89” height and is currently at the company which does our powder coating. I’m not sure if we will get the machine back this week or next week. Once it returns it sits here a day or two while it gets assembled and is then shipped. We’ve also come across a new way to ship that should save some money on the shipping costs.

We should have new pictures of the Crossover on our Online Catalog within a few days which will show the machine a lot better.

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:32 AM

Hi Jim

Just checking in to see if there is any progress on my order .
Respectfully
Luke Pringle

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 2:46 PM
To: luke.pringle@verizon.net
Subject: Pro Fitness Order / Invoice

Dear Mr. Pringle,

Thank you for your interest in our line of Strength Training Equipment, and for your order. I’m extremely confidant will be very happy with the quality, function, and look of the Crossover machine you ordered. You will find our quality and craftsmanship second to none in the industry, and this piece will be a great addition to your workout facility.

I’ve enclosed a copy of your Invoice for your review and your records.
Please take a moment to look this over to be sure I have everything listed correctly. If you need any changes please let me know and I will send you a revised copy.

If you have any questions along the way please don’t hesitate to contact me. Again, thank you very much for your order.

Sincerely,

[protected]-LIFT

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.2/1185 - Release Date:
12/15/2007 12:00 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.4/1226 - Release Date:
1/15/2008 6:19 PM

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release Date:
1/17/2008 11:12 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1316 - Release Date:

Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.5/1356 - Release Date:
4/2/2008 4:14 PM

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.

Comments

8th of May, 2009

The same thing happened to me except Jim Moore and Pro-Fitness took me for $3675. Same thing, no product, no return phone calls, no refund.

• Ph
      23rd of Feb, 2012
    Pro-fitness.com - 8 months, no product despite repeated promises
    pro-fitness.com
    Phone: 1-877-582-LIFT (5438)
    pro-fitness.com

Failed to deliver product for 8 months, despite repeated promises that it will ship "this week" or "next week" or similar promises. Abruptly cancelled when I
    demanded that the product be shipped in seven days. See e-mails below.

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:06 PM
    Subject: Re: Shipment

Well can you ship in a week or so, or no? But for the repeated promises that you do not keep, I would not be frustrated. Can't you understand that?

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:01 PM
    Subject: RE: Shipment

Mr. Mazur,

This machine has gone through numerous changes in an effort to produce a machine that works correctly. You ordered a completely custom machine, custom size and with a front swivel pulley that no company makes except for one, and they make it wrong. An “insult” would be….sending you a piece of garbage that could have been made better.

I’ll cancel the order and you can buy elsewhere.

Gary and Jim-

Please provide an update. Below, on January 20, Gary stated that my unit would be shipped in a week- meaning it should have been shipped a month ago. I am becoming tired of the series of promises of shipment I have received, and then a complete failure to ship the product, or even respond to inquiries.

Here is a typical promise from back in October made by Jim:-

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 1:52 PM
    Subject: RE: Custom Lat Machine

Picked up a truckload of Red on Friday, which included a part of your unit. You will ship this week. (emphasis mine)

I can dig out more unfulfilled promises if needed. This is ridiculous and frustrating.

If my unit is not shipped in seven (7) days hereof - meaning you provide me with actual tracking confirmation by next Thurs, I am cancelling the order and advising my credit card company to not allow a charge. I am sorry that it has come to this, and I really want the unit, but I am tired of being told one thing, then when that does not happen, being ignored. It is becoming insulting at this point.

To: Pro Fitness Shipping Department
    Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:14 PM
    Subject: Re: Shipment

Gary-

Any updates on when this will ship? Please let me know. Thanks.

From: Pro Fitness Shipping Department
    Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:21 PM
    Subject: Shipment

Dear Mr. Mazur,

We will have a unit to ship to you next week. There have been numerous changes to the unit and some other delays with regards to the powder coating. We have been assured we will have all our red powder coating back to us by mid week.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Gary Jones
    Pro Fitness Shipping Department
    shipping@pro-fitness.com
    1-877-582-5438
    Thanks for the response. Please let me know when it ships. Thanks again.

From: Pro Fitness Shipping Department
    Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:21 PM
    Subject: Shipment

Dear Mr. Mazur,

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Gary Jones
    Pro Fitness Shipping Department
    shipping@pro-fitness.com
    1-877-582-5438

Online Catalog Pro-Fitness.Com

Follow Pro Fitness on Facebook!

Jim- I don't want to be a pest, but your lack of response to my last 3 or 4 requests for information is far from confidence-inspiring. Can you please give me an estimate on when this will be shipped? The Order was placed on July 31, 2011, and we are now quite far outside of the 30-60 day window (even considering the custom nature of the product).

Thanks

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:32 PM

Hi Jim - any updates?

Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:30 AM
    Subject: Re: Custom Lat Machine

Hi Jim- has this shipped yet? thanks

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 1:52 PM
    Subject: RE: Custom Lat Machine

No such thing as a day off here! Our office people are off on Mondays because they work Saturdays.

As soon as this ships I’ll shoot you out the tracking info.

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 10:15 AM
    Subject: Re: Custom Lat Machine

Hi Jim- Any estimate on arrival time for this machine? Thanks and I hope you had a great Halloween off.

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 12:59 PM
    Subject: Custom Lat Machine

Hello Mr. Mazur,

I received your telephone message yesterday and have sent an order request to our supplier in New Jersey for the weight stack. This was to insure they have the stacks in stock in that warehouse. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t stock these there. I should hear back today or tomorrow.

We’ve messed with the machine a few times in order to get it right. When we make a custom machines it may take a few prototypes in order to work out the bugs. It would be very easy for us to throw something together and send it. For the most part the client would never know, and be happy with the machine. However, we prefer to get these machines as “right” as possible.

Regarding the Online complaints, these are far from truth. People who have written that they sent money and received nothing are complete lies, or incomplete lies. If customers have sent a deposit but fail to pay the balance, their equipment will sit here until the balance is paid. Several of the complaints are exactly that. Trust me, these people have written everyone from the Attorney General to Santa Claus, and every agency has instructed them to pay the money owed and that they are in Breach. We sell to 5000 customers each and every year, so we will get complaints by virtue of being between 500 and 5000 miles from our customers.

Our records, according to your Invoice, indicate your order was placed on July 31, 2011, about thirty-one (31) days ago. According to our Terms and Conditions, normal delivery time is between 30 and 60 days. Also, your machine was custom on two (2) different fronts. A swivel front pulley, and the rear of the machine to break down to fit into a basement or some smaller space. These changes many times increase the delivery times, however it appears we are right on schedule for your machine. There is a process with each machine we build, and we do not take shortcuts. Also, as of this writing, our records indicate there has been no charges to your credit card.

This order is progressing as planned, and there is nothing to be concerned about. We are solid as a company despite your research, and we make great equipment.

1-877-582-LIFT (5438)

Online Catalog Pro-Fitness.Com
    Follow Pro Fitness on Facebook

Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:01 PM
    Subject: Pro Fitness Order / Invoice

Dear Mr. Mazur,

Thank you for your interest in our line of Strength Training Equipment, and for your order. I’m sorry for the delay in sending you your confirmation, we recently moved our offices and one of our warehouses, and our communication has suffered. I’m extremely confident you will be very pleased with the strength and craftsmanship of the custom Lat Pulldown, and with this investment. This piece of equipment will be an excellent addition to your workout room.

I’ve enclosed a copy of your Invoice for your review and your records. Take a moment to look this over to be sure I have everything listed correctly. If you need any corrections let me know and I will send a revised Invoice. I’m unable to access the AustCAD program from this computer, but I will send you the drawing when I am in the manufacturing plant office either tonight or in the morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and don’t hesitate to contact me. Again, thank you very much for your order.

Sincerely,

1-877-582-LIFT (5438)

Hi:

I just wanted to drop a quick line to check on the status of this order. I have not yet seen a drawing, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it somehow. Thanks.