pro caulkCredit Card overcharge

1 Review updated:

I placed one order for $19.95 + $5.95 and they said they would be charging my credit card $130.00. When I tried to speak to a person to correct this there was no way to speak to anyone. I have called my credit card company and placed a restriction on my credit card because of this. However, this also means that I can't use my credit card until I lift the restriction.

After several hours of trying to get to speak to an 800 operator outside of recordings, I was able to get a local Connecticut operator to give me the informaton I supplied on the complaint form. I tried the numbers several times today (1-2-09) but kept getting the sound of people hanging up. I have resolved myself to waiting until next week to try again, since today the offices may be closed as part of the holiday hours. I also plan to send a registerd letter to the address given on the TV advising them to cancel my order.

Comments

• J
      Nov 29, 2008

no way to contact no order number and charges 5 times the amount

• Mi
      Dec 21, 2008
    pro caulk - no way to cancel order
    Clarksburg
    West Virginia

I HAVE TRIED BY CALLING BACK ON THE PHONE AND NOW THE INTERNET TO CANCEL MY ORDER FROM LATE LAST NIGHT AND CANT SEEM TO FIND A WAY TO DO IT

Pro Caulk number [protected]

did you try [protected]?

pro caulk - Over Charged
    Michigan

I ordered 1 procaulk kit and they charged me for two. There is NO WAY to contact anyone to cancel or modify the order.

Dec 30, 2008

Ordered one product for 19.95-my credit card was charged for 3 additional products.

• Sc
      Jan 04, 2009

I asked for this at the Home Depot but they don't carry it. I then checked my local Ace Hardware and the person in the paint department said they decided not to carry it because there are a lot of scam complaints out there. I'm remodeling and really wanted to try this out but will not order it from the TV ad after seeing all the warnings posted. I did a Google search and found that Target stocks it in their store or you can buy it on line from their website.

• Na
      Jan 06, 2009

You can go to the buyprocaulk.com and get the corporate info or contact them at [protected] or you can contact the customer service dept at [protected].

• Da
      Jan 11, 2009
    pro caulk - Double Ordered
    11562 Mayers Road Acampo, CA 95220
    Acampo
    California
    Phone: 209/334-4532

I tried to order the caulking kit and was offered other products and I only wished for the one order. Some how they doubled my order and when I called back to cancel my order I was not able to do so. I wish to cancel my order completely. I do not wish to do business with any company who do business in this manor. Please help me to try and stop this kind of business practice.

• Te
      Jan 11, 2009
    pro caulk - DOUBLED THE ORDER
    TERRY
    Michigan

AFTER FILLING OUT THE FORM ONLINE, THE FINAL PRINT OUT SHOWS 2 OF THE PROCAULK ON THE ORDER AND COULD NOT CHANGE IT.
    I CALLED THREE DAYS IN A ROW(WAINTING ALEAST 15 MINUTE EACH TIME ON THE PHONE) EACH TIME TELLING ME THEY DON'T HAVE THE ORDER YET. FINALLY I GOT TO SOMEONE WHO FOUND THE ORDER AND SAID THEY WOULD CHANGE IT, BUT NOT SEND 0R EMAIL ME A COPY OF THE CHANGE.
    TODAY IS 2 WEEKS AND I STILL HAVN'T RECEIVED THE PRODUCT

• Te
      Jan 12, 2009
    pro caulk - Order on phone
    Iowa

I placed order over phone, gave name, phone number and credit card number. After that, I got hung up on, and didn't receive an order number. Now I can't contace anyone over phone or email. Had to call my card company and cancel payment if one goes through. It has been ten days now and no where do I even find and order being placed.

• Fr
      Feb 05, 2009
    pro caulk - not recieved item
    Minnesota
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered by U.S. Mail one Pro Caulk kit on 12-31-08. My Wells Fargo check for $25.95 was cashed on Jan. 21, 2009. As of today Feb. 5, 2009 I have not recieved any status report when I checked the computer as directed by your phone number, [protected].
    Please respond.
    Frank Shusta

• Bi
      Mar 30, 2009
    pro caulk - Charged for Items I Did Not Order
    Pro Caulk

After ordering online and hearing that my bill was $129.95 instead of the expected $19.95, I was beginning to feel pretty dumb. Then I learned that I was not the only one who had been hoodwinked by Pro Caulk. After stating my original order to an automated voice and giving my credit card number, I was offered about 8-10 more offers which I refused. The voice did say they would note I had refused these offers. They evidently charged me for some any way; hence, the amount of $129.95. I too contacted the on line status website, but my order had not been posted yet. Today I just called the bank and cancelled my credit card. Hopefully, this ends the ordeal.

• Sh
      Apr 21, 2009

I PURCHISE PROCAULK THEY CHARGE ME 43.80 INSTEAD OF 25.90 I AM DISSATISFIELD WITH THERE SERVICE YOU CAN NOT SPEAK TO ANY ONE AND AT THE END OF THE ORDER THEY DON'T GIVE A CONFERMATION NUMBER IF YOU DONT HAVE A COMPUTER YOU ARE A-- OUT WHEN THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER YOU WILL BE CARGE ANY THI NG I WILL NEVER PURCHISE FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN IF IT WAS'ENT FOR A CUSTOMER COMPLAINT I WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE # [protected]

• Sh
      Apr 21, 2009

This company is a rip off dont purchise with credit card please sent by mail

• Le
      Jul 06, 2009

called the PRO cualk 800 number and ordered 1 set at $19.95. was told my bill was over $51. no way to cancel order. i listened to the operater and couldnt get a hold of a person. everything automated and the operater kept asking if i wanted to order other things. i need to speak to a customer service rep.

• Ab
      Jul 13, 2009

I wish I had checked this out first because this just happened to me Saturday July 11th 2009. It looked like a 'dgood deal, by the time you drive to Home Depot on Saturday and spend the gas money and time, you'd break even, so I thought, why not? But not to worry, I'm a real #$% when it comes to getting ripped off. I'll happily spend money to take them to court, no way they get away with Fraud. I will personally see to it that they fix my situation or someone is going to hear from it by a judge. I will also be sending a letter to NHLHD and reporting this, if I get ripped off by their advertizers, not only will I hold them accountable, but I'll make sure every one on this planet knows about it. This company is ripping people off on purpose over national telivision and this is a felony. They are tryng to charge me $51.95 for a single order. I called Whachovia and they will not help me (which is another issue alltogether). Always use American Express, they definately have your back.

Oct 29, 2010

I ordered just one pillow and was billed 100 dollars plus change, please cancel my order now. thank you
    james hupp Salt Lake City, Utah

• So
      Oct 01, 2012

WARNING; Do not buy anything from an automated service. You must actually talk to a real person or you will probably be ripped off.
    You will have no one to talk to for any recourse. It might take months for any satisfaction or moneys returned. I just bought a hose
    for 19.95 and 6.95 shipping. The total invoice was $107.00.