Prize Research Intelligence Agency / Phony offer to pay $2M prize

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I also received this phony claim to pay over $2M after returning their "documents" with a $20 filing fee. Online research confirms this award from PRIA is an obvious SCAM. However, why not lets help them OUT if they sent you a Paid, Self Addressed, Return envelope. Be sure to return their envelope with your request they deduct the $20 fee from your "cash accounting" and forward you the balance of your award. You won't get the award, but you will get a small sense of satisfaction in their having to pay for postage. I wonder how much it would cost them if every recipient returned their S-A-S-E?

Comments

• Wo
      12th of Feb, 2011

Great idea! I Googled "Prize Research Intelligence Agency" because I suspected it was a fraud. As soon as I read the request for a $20 fee, alarms went off in my mind. These persons should be made to pay for their fraud and general nuisance. I'm posting my reply immediately (sans the $2o, of course).

• Ho
      1st of Mar, 2011

VERY GOOD IDEA!!! JUST RECEIVED THE EXPRESS NOTICE FROM PRIZE RESEARCH INTELLIGENCE AGENCY ON THE DAY PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER OF ONE MILLION A YEAR FOR LIFE SWEEP STAKE. . WHAT A SCAM. THE $20 DOLLAR FEE WAS A RED FLAG AND THE ASKING FOR IT IN CASH, ( ANOTHER FLAG) CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. I GOOGLED AND REPLY WITH A REQUEST...THANK YOU .

• Ze
      13th of May, 2011

This is an excellent idea!!! And is exactly what I did when I received one of these letters telling me I won millions but needed to send a $20 processing fee, in cash, check or m.o. I wrote them back saying, "hey if I really won $2million dollars I certainly wouldn't mind if you deducted the $20 processing fee out of the $2million and mailed me a check for the balance", and I mailed them that response in their s.a.s.e. that they thought I would be putting my hard earned 20 bucks in...needless to say I never heard back from them.

• Pu
      13th of Jun, 2011

I want to Thank all of you for your part in letting others know Prize Research Intelligence Agency are scammers! I like the idea of sending them back a note and that is what I am going to do as I received this letter today. I, too felt it must be a scam and ran to the computer to check them out! There was 2 clues they weren't legit, first the $20 fee and secondly the PO Box. Thanks again!

28th of Jun, 2011

this is ### if ur readind this pris im going to sue the hell out of yal go to hell and stop

28th of Jun, 2011

this is ### these people are wrong im goin to sue the ### out of them hope ur reading these

• Va
      30th of Jun, 2011

I received the exciting news that I too have won a prize totaling $2, 536, 092.23!! How wonderful for me and my church. I will send PRIA my response and ask them to kindly deduct the $20 transfer fee from my check that they will rush to me by "bonded federal carrier". Sorry, I have to go now and wait for the "bonded federal carrier"! Get a real job PRIA! Defrauding hard working and retired citizens does not qualify! I can tell you need lots of prayer!!!

• Rh
      13th of Jul, 2011

I too, received a letter from this same company and agree that anyone asking for $20 in order to receive money are scammers and should be sued! I mailed them the letter back and I am waiting on my check to come in (Ha, Ha)! Rhonda in North Carolina

20th of Sep, 2011

I received the same letter in the mail. who wins that kind of money aand only has to put out 20 dollars to receive it. Scam written all across the board. The only thing PRIA got from me was their envelope and a note saying SCAM.

• Ju
      2nd of Nov, 2011

i also got a legal notice letter today from prize research intelligence agency. i had won 2, 342.000.00 all i needed to do was send 20;00 dollars and sign the form. and send in before 11/3/2011. i also get calls all during the day and night. i have threatened to call the police and the attorney general, but the phone calls keep coming.. i did call the police and they were suppose to be working on this but i have not heard anything. also called the attorney general but lady did not seem real interested. they have even sent me a check for 6, 000 dollars, i called the bank it was written on and they told me it was a scam. said all they wanted me to do was deposit the check in my account then they would clean my account out. so be careful do not fall for these crooks

• Ti
      17th of Dec, 2011

I received a letter yesterday asking for just $20 and I would win over 2, 000, 000 dollars. Yeah right! I sent them a letter back telling them to deduct the 20 dollars out of my 2, 000, 000 dollars and send me the rest. I also told them they should feel horrible and be put in jail for tricking people who really need the money, out of their money.