Private Workout / Terrible service

Do not ever join this place..the owner (Patrick) does not care about his members, just his money. If you join you will never see a refund or get out of your contract..be warned. Also they do not know what they are talking about with lifiting weights..if you listen to what they say, you will get an injury!

Comments

• Mi
      17th of Feb, 2009

I am petitioning those who are interested to join me in filing a class action lawsuit against Private Workout. I have already written to the state's Attorney General's office about their deceptive business practices and fraudulent use of the Cooper Institute. In addition, I have contacted the Cooper Institute about this matter. If you are interested, please send an email to mitzo1310@yahoo.com.

Your information will be kept strictly confidential.

6th of Apr, 2009

My experience with Private Workout was horrible!! I joined at the Flower Mound location not too long after it opened. When Patrick (the owner of the business) took me around for my first circuit, I thought I had lucked out...I got the owner to train me!! Boy, was I wrong!! It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Not only did he spend the whole time talking about himself, his Highland Park residence and that he looks so much younger than he is, he ended not showing me anything about how to operate the equipment. He left me in the middle of the workout because he had a text message from his girlfriend and he never came back. I later learned he left for lunch. When he was talking about how young he looked, he started out by asking how old I thought he was? Trying to be polite, I guessed 46 (he actually looked a little older, but I was trying to be nice.) I think he was offended because he proceeded to tell me that he had taken a survey of other customers and they all told him that he looked 35. I think he said that he was actually 52. I left that day saying to myself I wasn't going to let my not liking him affect my workouts and I would come back and do the circuit on my own. I tried it once, but didn't know how to adjust the equipment and felt flustered that I had to learn this all on my own while staying within the time limited and toting my clipboard around. I gave up and didn't come back for a long time. But since the charges kept hitting my account I decided I just needed to go in there and quit. He was there when I went back in and I told him of my complaints, he said that if I couldn't grasp what I need to do from him telling me, that he would just have someone else take me through the circuit. I reluntantly agreed, because it was obvious he wasn't going to let me quit without the $199 penalty, plus three months membership dues (a ridiculous 90-day cancellation notice, which by the way I paid for the first and last month up front so there shouldn't a charge for the last month). The lady that took me through was nice and she did a good job training me, but I just had such a bad experience in the beginning I just couldn't feel good about it. Eventually I quit and paid the fees just to get out of it. Later I compared notes with a friend who had joined at the Plano location and ended up quitting and had to pay the fees to get out of it. She didn't have Patrick over there to deal with, even worse she had to experience the wrath of Sharon. This woman actually kicked her off the cardio equipment and told her she couldn't use it. It almost got physical and my friend walked out, never to return. Last words to Patrick...you look your age and you need to buy shirts that fit you (two sizes bigger would do.)

• Da
      25th of Sep, 2009

I joined Private Workout and have never been more sorry! I just went in the Mockingbird location to inquire about canceling my membership and was told that there was nothing they could do, it all had to be done on the website...never was I told that I was required to have internet access to become (or get out of being) a member! I then asked to have a weigh in because I know that I have reached the goal that was set for me (I actually weighed in on the scale at the gym while waiting the ten minutes it took for the worker to come assist me) and he refused to do it! He said "I have wasted enough of my time on you, I have a paying client that i have to get back to". I said that that it would only take a minute and he said no again. I said that that was unacceptable, and he told me to leave the gym. I said that I would need his regional managers phone number before I left and he started yelling at me and threatening to call the police and have me arrested for trespassing! I informed him that I was a gym member and was not trespassing, he propped open the door and continued to yell at me, I stayed where I was at the counter and steadfastly stood my ground, asking for the regional managers phone number. He continued to yell at me, red in the face, then went to find the security guard at the strip mall. When the guard arrived, we explained the circumstances, and as we were leaving, the worker told us we were banned from the gym and to never return! We talked to the guard, and he complimented us on being such gentlemen in the unfortunate circumstances and suggested we contact the better business bureau or the police. NEVER JOIN THIS GYM!

20th of Nov, 2009

Gene White is the head trainer at PWO and the person who posted the response to my solicitation for a class action lawsuit against them.

The first red flag that PWO is a scam outfit is their unsupported customer satisfaction claim of 99.42%. I suppose Mr. White thinks the .42% makes the other 99% seem more believable. But it's an old sales trick that provides more evidence that his company is fishing for the desperate and the gullible. While Mr. White offers no independent source to support his claim, there is concrete evidence that PWO has many dissatisfied customers. The Better Business Bureau gave them a rating of "F", based on the number of complaints filed over the past 36 months. You would think a company like PWO - that supposedly believes in the quality of its service - would be jumping at the chance to join the BBB. But they are not BBB members. Don't just take my word for it. Go to the Dallas BBB site and look it up yourself. Let this fact guide be your guide, and not Mr. White's sales pitch to trust him.

The Cooper Institute is a non-profit entity dedicated to promoting the overall health and well being of this nation. I'm confident neither Dr. Cooper, nor his staff, would ever recommend PWO's circuit training program. Again, Mr. White uses faulty logic to defend his company's use of their name in their advertisements. I'm sure the Cooper institute has bigger fish to fry than dealing with the likes of PWO, but I'm also confident that one warning letter from their attorneys would stop them from using their name. Ask yourself this question. Do you think PWO is paying the Cooper Institute for using their name in their ads? Write to the Cooper Institute and tell them that PWO is violating the spirit and intent of their organization, and ask them to pressure PWO to stop using their name. Believe me, this will work, too. In addition, I urge everyone to contact the Texas AG and complain about PWO.