private vehicle exchange.com / BUYER BEWARE BIG SCAM

1 NY, US Review updated:

THIS COMPANY IS A BIG SCAM, THEY PROMISE YOU TO SELL YOU VEHICLE IN 2MONTHS OR YOUR MONEY BACK, HIS NAME IS DARREN HARTMAN, HE IS FULL OF S**T, HE SCAMMED 399.00 FROM ME AND I HAVE NOT GOT ONE PHONE CALL, THEY SAY THEY HAVE 10 QUALIFING BUYERS AND THEY HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THE BANK LOAN AND THEY ARE GOING TO CALL YOU RIGHT AWAY, NOT TRUE, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY, IT SOUNDS GREAT, IT SOUNDS PROMISING, BUT WHEN WHEN YOU GIVE HIM YOUR CREDIT CARD, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM ANYONE OR EVEN WHEN YOU TRY TO CALL DARREN HARTMAN HE WILL NEVER EVER PICK UP HIS PHONE, NOW YOU FEEL LIKE SOMEONE ROBBED YOU, DARREN HARTMAN WILL PAY IN THE LONG RUN, KARMA WILL CATCH UP TO HIM . I'M GLAD 400 DOLLARS WILL NOT HURT ME, BUT IT MIGHT HURT YOUR POCKET . DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY ANY OF YOUR MONEY !!!

Comments

• Sc
      Sep 09, 2009

Scammed me too - sorry to say...
    I even waited the time they said for their "money back guarantee" and had the registration notarized by a lawyer (more $) - they didn't honor that either.
    Filed a complaint with the BBB - they didn't respond, and the BBB closed the case file.

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM! I can't believe they can't be shut down...
    DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!

• Ju
      Sep 15, 2009

They just called me... I didn't do it... I told them I wanted to think about their "offer"... further investigation on the BBB shows they have a rating of "F" with several unresolved complaints and several addresses and names.

• In
      Sep 25, 2009

i got a call from a Steven Hartman he told me to look at his site, when i searched i couldnt find a direct website www.privatevehicleectexchange.com everything linked to that site read BIG SCAM and i told him what i was looking at while on phone with. He said it was competitor company who were stating false accusations. Then he asked for my credit card number for a $399.00 deposit until my car is sold, I told him i dont give my credit card number over telephone for any reason. Then he says he will pay me 20 thousand for my Acura TL when all I want for it is 18900. He suggested he hold on to my car for a couple a months, which did not appeal to me at all. I told him I wasent interested in his offer at all and he replied back ‘‘good luck then keep your stupid car till the wheels fall off’’ If I ever meet this [censored]head ill knock his wheels off

• Vi
      Sep 30, 2009

It is so sad that there are people like this. They were totally aware of my financial state but they took advantage anyway. It is so wrong.

• Th
      Oct 14, 2009

The EXACT same thing just happened to me. I was scammed $399.99 by this company. I have contacted them requesting a refund (ha) but am also going to report them to the OPP and Canadian Revenue Agency (are they paying tax on this income?). Such a stupid scam but we fell for it. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Ia
      Nov 12, 2009

They called me tody. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The phone number used was [protected], and she said ner name was Connie. Great deal, they can get me the full $19000 I'm asking for my Jetta. They'll connect me with a buyer. Awesome. I just need to pay them $399.So I asked for a little company info to be emailed to me so I can check them out. Hmm.. still awaiting that email.

• Al
      Nov 25, 2009

I got a phone call from Michael a few weeks ago because he found my add for my truck on lease busters. He told me that he has a buyer who was interested in taking over my trucks lease however I had to pay $399 for all the paper work which was refundable if this deal didnt go through. He also said that his client wanted to look at my truck that weekend and should receive a phone call from the client soon. I waited for a few days, didnt hear from the client so I called Michael back to find out what was going on. He said that he would get in touch of the clients and he would call me back...waited a few more days and still nothing so I called Michael back again. He said he was going to call client right when he got off the phone with me and would call me back right away...nothing. I now have left him a message asking him to refund my money. If I dont hear back from him then I am going to report this complaint to the better business bureau, leasebusters.ca and anywhere else I can so that they dont get away with this scam anymore. I suggest that we all do the same

• Ca
      Feb 16, 2010

I too got sucked in by Derrick Marcy of Private Vehicle Exchange, he had a buyer for my truck and offered to sell it for more than I wanted. I paid through paypal.
    Same as others, he won't answer the phone or emails.
    We must have some recourse, anyone got any ideas?
    I sure know what I'd like to do and it isn't pleasant!!

Feb 25, 2010

HELLO!!!
    I work at the vehicle exchange and I've got some news for you, I will be quitting on the 5th of March, and if anyone would be interested in the location of the offices of this company.. I'll be able to help ya with that

• Mr
      Mar 22, 2010

Thankyou for posting your complaints.I got several calls today from a guy named "Buddy" same company name.It states" International call" on my ph.he told me he had a buyer already looking for my wheelchair van and could get me the full price guaranteed if i paid him 399.00.I was guaranteed a full refund if He didnt have it sold for 16, 000 in 60 days.he asked for my master card no.
    I said i would have to think on this .He has since called back twice on my cell ph today and twice on my home ph.Sounds like hes real ansy on getting that 399.00..Hmm maybe I should ask him for a mailing adress to send a bank draft for 399.00 maybe some one will catch this thief????I see I just got another mesage on my ph from him...the nerve

• Am
      Apr 05, 2010

My husband signed up with Private Vehicle Exchange and has yet to receive one phone call from anyone. Is there anything that can be done about this? He also signed up with Auto Seller Network.com and they did the same thing. We should all get together to do something about this because as far as I'm concerned this is theft and these companies deserve to be punished in some way.

• Bo
      Apr 10, 2010

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM !!! I FELL FOR IT AS WELL $ 399.00 FOR A GREAT DEAL . CONTACTED MY VISA CARD COMPANY TO TRY AND GET MY MONEY AS I WAS NOT PROVIDED ANY SERVICE GOING THROUGH DISPUTES PROCEEDINGS TAKES 6 WEEKS SPOKE WITH A SUPERVISOR / MANAGER AS I WANTED REIMBURSEMENT.

MY FEELING IS IF VISA HAS TO KEEP REFUNDING MONIES FROM THEIR POCKETS SOMETHING MAY BE DONE.!!! WE NEED TO KEEP COMPLAINING TO THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES SO THEY RED FLAG THE TRANSACTION FOR OTHERS.

WATCH OUT FOR KEVIN WADSWORTH FROM OTTAWA AS WELL AS JACKIE FROM TORONTO FROM VEHICLE EXCHANGE I'M SURE THEY HAVE MANY ALIASES .

• Cl
      Apr 21, 2010

I too was sucked in in November 2009 after I was told that they saw my ad in AutoTrader magazine. I responded with my credit card after I was told that they had a buyer in my city. I was also told that if it didn't sell that I would get my money back. I never did get any calls or e-mails. I waited more than 60 days and then requested my refund. I went through all the hoops that I was told that I needed to do. I kept fighting and finally told them that my next step was legal action. I called my card company several times and finally got $300.00 credit on my credit card. I then instructed the card company to cancel the card. The whole thing took nearly five months.

My credit card company advised me that they must be notified of disputes with vendors WITHIN 90 days. I didn't know that.

The organization should be closed down by Provincial authorities.

• Ti
      Jun 12, 2014

unitedcarexchange.com is cheating and making false claims

Do not do business with these people! They make false claims and do not follow through. Specifically, they say that they will take your phone calls for you and make appointments for you. Then they say that they will put you on 15 of the most popular car advertising websites. They do not take phone calls for you or schedule meeting for you! They didn't put my car on the most popular car advertising websites! Instead, they din’t do anything, I searched all the most popular web sites and never found the car and think about it, a 2006 Nisan 350Z convertible in perfect condition. If they put had put it on the web my three year old would be able to find it!!!

What I really could not believe is I was not convinced from the beginning but I really did want to sell the car so I fell for their tricks. Here is where I should have woke up, they convinced me that I could sell my car for $1, 000 more than what I was offering it on Craig’s list by using their service since "only committed buyers" visit their site and are willing to pay higher prices. Now are you ready for the best part, here goes. My phone starting ringing the very next day. The first text, stated the price was good, the car was great, but he was out of pocket and asked if I have a Pay pal account so he could transfer the money. WHAT, sight unseen does’t know me agreeing to pay the asking price and bang, I sold it. Not two scams in a row. I did a web search of these scams so I replied, Not on Pay pal. He never replied. This same thing occurred 7 times all asking to use Pay pal and my reply was the same and theirs was too, No thin

please check reviews about this company rip off, review talk every where there is complaint about company

united car exchange.com is cheating people in usa and i think calling from india and collecting money and run aways

dont fall prey to these guys they will call from

[protected] and [protected] they will never post full address in their site unitedcarexchange.com is cheating

please report about this company united car exchange.com
    Internet Crime Complaint Center
    http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx .

Phone Number Owner: unitedcarexchange.com

submit feed back from craiglist as they are collecting data from craiglist only

• Ti
      Jun 12, 2014

don't fall prey to these guys they will call from

What I really could not believe is I was not convinced from the beginning but I really did want to sell the car so I fell for their tricks. Here is where I should have woke up, they convinced me that I could sell my car for $1, 000 more than what I was offering it on Craig’s list by using their service since "only committed buyers" visit their site and are willing to pay higher prices. Now are you ready for the best part, here goes. My phone starting ringing the very next day. The first text, stated the price was good, the car was great, but he was out of pocket and asked if I have a Pay pal account so he could transfer the money. WHAT, sight unseen does’t know me agreeing to pay the asking price and bang, I sold it. Not two scams in a row. I did a web search of these scams so I replied, Not on Pay pal. He never replied. This same thing occurred 7 times all asking to use Pay pal and my reply was the same and theirs was too, Nothing!!!. Are the parties working together, I’m not sure but one thing leads to another!!!

Please report about this company united car exchange.com
    Internet Crime Complaint Center
    http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx .

Phone Number Owner: unitedcarexchange.com

submit feed back from crackliest as they are collecting data from craiglist