PRIVACYMATTER / Unauthorized charges

CT, United States Review updated:
4.55
Phone: 877-993-6264
Made Unauthorized charges on my new MasterCard. Must be related to PMIDENTITY - Charges made are on the same day and the same amount. Please let me know if I can possibly recover these charges. Between the two charges that is already know to me, the total is $61.90.

Detail PRIVACYMATTER charges:

11/26/07 PRIVACYMATTER[protected]-6264 CT $1.00

12/03/07 PRIVACYMATTER[protected]-6264 CT $29.95

There's probably another charge on 01/03/08. I was able to cancel this "membership charge" today 01/05/08.

I have to wait until office hours on PMIDENTITY to cancel my account using that is on my credit card statement. The telephone system is acting or my assigned account number, or credit card number that was used or my telephone number.

Please let me know the possiblity of recovering these charges.

Thank you.

Comments

Be
  12th of Jan, 2008
I signed up for this program on January 3 and it was supposed to be $1.However I was charged $2 three times and I didnot apply for this I only applied for this for a trial period.Then today I tried to used my bank card at the grocery store today unaware that this company has taked $29.99 out of my account twice and I was declined at the store, do to this. This is horriable and unfair I never appled for my account to have this money coming out of it. This is a scam and I want my money back.
Al
  21st of Jan, 2008
4 months ago I signed up for this program for $1.00 trial period, eversince I was charged $29.99 that came out of my bank account I want my money back, for it is unfair.
He
  1st of Mar, 2008
I was ripped off too.
Fa
  21st of Apr, 2008
I agree 100%, I found an authorised charged on my account for $19.95... I called customer service and they promised me to cancel my membership and refund the money back... I don't even know what kind of services they provide...
Fa
  21st of Apr, 2008
Sorry, I menat an UNAUTHORISED CHARGE in my previouse comment... NOT AUTHORISED.
Me
  23rd of May, 2008
I never even signed up with privacymatter. I did the trial period with annualcreditreport.com and obviously they give privacymatter your information and they charged my account 29.95 without my authorization. You are trying to protect your credit and make sure that no one else out there is stealing your information and the people that you are suppose to trust are taking advantage of people. This is ridiculus.
Ch
  28th of May, 2008
I only signed up as far as when the FREE was $29.95 and I had to give them my SS number. They are now charging me $ 29.95 a month? What recourse do we have to this fraud cancelled
Sh
  11th of Aug, 2008

PRIVACYMATTER - TAKING AMOUNT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AT BANK

TAKING DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OUT EACH MONTH, SOMETIMES A DOLLAR AMOUNT AND SOMETIMES MORE. I HAD TO CLOSE OUT MY BANKING ACCOUNT TO GET RID OF THIS NIGHTMARE.
Ge
  2nd of Sep, 2008
I also signed up for "free trail" agreed to a $1 charge and got charged $29.95 by two separate companies! One was PMIDENTITY and the second was PRIVACYMATTERS. SOB's I would love someone to start a class action suit!
Le
  9th of Sep, 2008
I have the same experience and they charge me every month, and who can tell me how to cancel this charge and take my money back? many thanks,
Va
  15th of Sep, 2008
Privacymatters promised a free credit report, but then charged my credit card for
$1, $1, $29.95 (8/30/08) and still no credit report !!!
  2nd of Oct, 2008
Please take this PrivacyMatter off my monthly charge. I never signed up for this, jus the $1 charge for a credit report.
Jh
  25th of Oct, 2008
My credit card was charged $29.95 although I definitely told
the credit card people I do not want their service.
The web site used by these people is deceptive, obviously
designed to confuse the customer.
Please deduct this from my account and do not permit
another charge being made.
Wi
  30th of Oct, 2008
On 9-15-08 I tried to sign up for your trial program for $1
and get a credit review but never could get through your
system .
Now I have been charged $1 by both you and Pridentity
and $19.95 by both of you on 9-18-08.
That is $41.90 for NOTHING.

Please CANCEL these charges and remove my name from your records.

I will expect a reply and conformation to my requests.

William Everitt
cfimhome@cs.com
De

PRIVACYMATTER - Unsolicted membership

I never signed up for this! I found Privacymatters on
my card last month and called your 877-993-6264
and the automation said I had successfully canceled the account...only this month I get yet another bill.
Actually, I would like Privacymatter to make absolutely sure I am cancelled and I would like to see
some refunds !!!

I will be on vac until Nov 4th, so no immediate response by me will be possible.
  31st of Oct, 2008
I also have been charged and money taken from my account two times that i can account for. I have now turned this over to my lawyer for further action. I will be filing charges against you, so it would be in your best interest to refund my account ASAP!! You WILL NOT get away with this.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is obviously a bunch of bulls__t!! My account is now closed and i had to open another one because of these people.I tried the $1 free trail and got NOTHING!! I want my money refunded NOW!!!
Vi
  9th of Nov, 2008
I have a charge on my capital one credit card for $19.95 for a service i didn't even request. Please take these charges off my card.
Do
  1st of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I never heard of this company and I barely ever shop online. I went to the bank a few days ago and saw I was overdrafted which was not possible because I had just put money in the bank a few days ago!! I went to the bank to complaine and they lifted their charges and I had to change my account number. I just looking over last month's statement and found they charged me last month for $19.95!!
Bo
  10th of May, 2009

PRIVACYMATTER - NEVER ENROLLED
ROBERT C BREUHAUSA
Illinois

I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANY SERVICES, YET THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT IN THE AMOUNTS OF$1.00 AND$29.95 EACH MONTH. I WOULD LIKE A REFUND FOR ALL CHARGES FROM 1/18/09 AND I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY.