Comments

• Bp
      12th of Jul, 2009

Had 2 charges from them on my credit card and did not sign up for anything. Their web site requires a credit card number to get any information. Called and reported it to my credit card. They are going to cancel ? and refund charges.

• Cm
      15th of Jul, 2009

This happened to me today -- who is this company and how did they get my card number?!

• Su
      29th of Jul, 2009

Same for me! Went on debit card twice and even overdrew my acct.! Think they would refund those charges too???

• Bp
      31st of Jul, 2009

Classmates.com gave them my credit card account number. I filed a BBB complaint against Classmates.com.

I got the membership to my privacy matters 1-2-3 canceled and they refunded both charges.
    Classmates.com responded to my BBB complaint stating that it was all my fault. The did however cancel my membership and refund my Classmates.com fee.

• Lu
      31st of Jul, 2009

don't know who these people are but they took out 25 bucks. Of course when I called their computer was down and couldn't tell me anything about who they are because they have different companies involved. I say [censored]. The only place i used it was to lookup a phone number of a relative and had no luck with that anyway!! I better get the money back!

• Nu
      7th of Aug, 2009

I also just found a pending charge for Privacym and I also just joined Classmates. Sounds like classmates needs a lesson - I am going to let them know and it is NOT MY Fault

• Er
      24th of Aug, 2009

I have 2 charges in my credit card of this company and I feel very bad with this.

• Tw
      25th of Aug, 2009

Same issue with Classmates.com. I signed up for three months with them, but did NOT sign up for this service. I am going to cancel my membership with Classmates.com as well.

• Te
      16th of Sep, 2009

Ok so I was scammed also call this number 18882390316 and stay on the phone and tell them that u never gave them authorization to charge u any fee, tell them to cancel it, tell them the most recent charge and the might credit your account.

• Cl
      17th of Sep, 2009

I do no even know what is that ... they charge me out of my will.

• Rc
      20th of Sep, 2009

Just found one of their charges on my debit card as a "Hold" amount - I work offshore, so I know damn well I didn't authorize it.

• Rh
      27th of Sep, 2009

Does anyone have an email address or phone number for these crooks?? they did the same thing to me.

• Jr
      3rd of Oct, 2009

Immediately after joining Classmates.com, "privcym" $19.95 billings started on my credit card. I called Privacy Matters and the story is that Classmates.com furnishes your sign up info and there is supposedly a 7 day free trial to Privacy Matters that automatically kicks in if you do not cancel it. I have no recollection of this offer. I cancelled and requested a refund at 888 239 0316

20th of Oct, 2009

There is three charges to my account that I don't know what they are for -- can you help me? I am on a very strict budget and have to kept track of all my charges.With these three charges to a total of 74.85 on 10-19-09 and 4.00 on10-14-09 for total of $78.89 .
    Why are there 3 charges on the same day?

20th of Oct, 2009

Being a senior citizen on a strict budget it is very hard to pay bills when someone is charging my account with unknown charges. Is this some kind of sham on seniors?
    We hear of them every but don't think it will happen to you, I'd be thank for any help you can give. Many Thanks Marie Haas

• Di
      10th of Nov, 2009

i enrolled with privacy matters 123 and they gave me the run around i couldnt access my credit report.. what a waste i cancelled asap!

• Ke
      30th of Nov, 2009

Charged my credit card without my knowledge said I was on Peoplefinders.com and clicked on a baner ad. I am in the Internet marketing/advertising business I would have never clicked on a banner ad without knowing it let alone agree to a subscription without knowing. THIS IS FRAUD and they should be charged accordingly. When I called they said they would credit my credit card but I put a stop payment just in case.

• Sc
      18th of Dec, 2009

I just check on by credit card statement, and i also have 2 charges from Privacy Matters 123, I called the number in the post above 888-239-0316 and had the charges credited. Joe was who i spoke to, he said that when you sign up for things, like classmates.com which is where this all stemed from, that you have to be careful what you are clicking on. and it seems all who signed up on classmates.com all got the same thing on our credit card statement. Joe said my account would be credited within 2 to 3 days, and also gave me an conformation number. the next thing i am gonna do is call classmates.com at 206-301-5900 and give them a piece of my mind. that just ain't right.

• Nl
      28th of Jan, 2010

i found out back in AUGUST that this privacym started charging me. It turns out the account isn't even under my name...but my roommates name... the first time. The second time i call to get a stop payment on it, they said they couldn't find the account in my name or my roommates...and yet they still charge my account. Today marks the 5th time this company charged me. and all five times i was over drafted. its a recession and i can't have that on my account i have bills. i never even heard of privacy matters nor have i ever signed up for classmates.com. what to do?

• Pa
      11th of Feb, 2010

19.95 deducted from credit card last two months and never authorized it.