Privacy Matters123 / Unauthorized charges

I contacted Privacy Matters through a pop up ad for a 'free' credit report. I saw the $1.00 charge and decided it was worth that. I do not recall any notice about a 'monthly' charge. Now I have discovered they have been charging my debit card for the last 3 months at 29.95 plus 1.00 each month.

When I called them they of course told me about the monthly charge and refused to credit my account. When I asked them repeatedly they finally said they would credit me for one month only. They then proceeded to charge me for the next month and gave me a credit for that. This 'free' credit report has cost me over $90.00.

Privacy Matters and companies like them are ruining the internet and must be stopped.

Ra

Comments

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2008
    privacymatters123
    Epping

I cannot view my credit reports after just signing up- this is ridiculous, I thought this was supposed to be a help to me to monitor my credit, instead they charge my account and I cannot even view my reports. What a help!!! cancelling in the morning

• Da
      4th of Oct, 2008

I have, so far, had a similar experience. However I am trying to persevere so that I may be able to get my so called "FREE" 3 reports!
    I have been told that I have 3 more days to cancel my membership so that I don't incur the fee - we shall see!!

• Je
      15th of Oct, 2009
    privacy matters123
    530 Carruer N.E.
    Grand Rapids
    Michigan
    Phone: 616/776-7652

Went for a free credit report, cancel by phone ahd still charged me two payments of 29.95, on my credit card.

• Cl
    Privacy Matters123 - charges
    Privacy Matter123
    Woodland
    California

privacy matters123 is the company ----My credir card was stolen but that did not stop them from charging me for a service I did not ask for before my cancellation when thru with the stolen card a chrge of 29.95 plus 1.00 was posted to my account I immediately called and canelled this transaction and service this was in October now I am being charged every month in the amt of 19.63 for something I cancelled and have been given cancellation ref #'s yea right the latest charge was on 01/21/10 I called these ### buckets and again cancelled this service let's see what happens now

• Cl

STP THESE ###

• Sc
      22nd of Jan, 2010

They got me kinda too. The card they keep charging I only keep under 20 in it, so it never goes though. Justfound out who this co. was. Why should I pay for a Credit report, when a person can a free one each year.

Renae

• Dv
      14th of Jun, 2010
    Privacy Matters123
    Colorado

I have been charged for services that I have never used or wanted.Have had to change checking account, has caused so many problems Have talked to different people about cancelling services, which finally did but was never refunded the money that they took.I am still waiting for refund and it has been over a year.What can I do to get this taken care of????I never signed up for for this peroid, somehow they got me in this through classmates.com and I am still dealing with them also.I can not believe this.