Privacy Matters Free Credit Report / Misrepresentation!

United States Review updated:

I signed up to get my free credit report. The website stated that my checking account would get charged $1.00 if I don't cancel out within 7 days. I canceled out in three days and they charged my account. My account was overdrafted for over $100.00 dollars worth of services I didn't sign up for and my bank charged me several overdraft charges. Currently, my account is over $400.00 worth of charges. I never thought that trying to receive my credit report would cause so many problems. This company refuses to pay for all these charges so others please BEWARE!

Comments

Pa
  10th of Dec, 2007
I HAVE CANCELED MY ORDER TWO TIMES AND I KEEP GETTING CHARGED BY MY CREDIT CARD AND I AM GETTING PRETTY UPSET CAUSE MY CREDIT CARD IS NOW OVER LIMIT THANKS TO YOU!!! I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE OF THE PRODUCT AND LIKE I HAVE ASKED BEFORE I NEED A ADDRESS TO WHERE I CAN SEND THE FOUR BOTTLES OF THE PHENTERTHIN BACK.

THANKS,
PATRICIA WALTERS.
Ca
  10th of Dec, 2007
I agree!
Ku
  10th of Jan, 2008
Privacy Matters advised me that I clicked on a banner and that's why they used my credit card.
I disputed this. I never gave them permission to use my credit card.
I believe they run an unethical business and I believe they should be investigated and shut down.
I do NOT Suggest anyone to trust this company with any personal information. It is a small amount but a company that conducts them selves in predatory behavior should be investigated
Wo
  25th of Aug, 2008
I also fell into this scam, the only thing different I backed out at the last minute, in other words, I did not sign on the dotted line, I did not want thier service, yet they took the money anyway.I f, I did this to them I would be in a lot of trouble.Well, I am gonna complain, and raise h---, I am p-----, /off, someone out there will help, I don't know who, but I will find some one.I am 62 years old, and a 100%, service connected vet., and this time they are not gonna get away with it!!
Re
  19th of Apr, 2009
They got me too, I'm a 30% Service connected vet and these people are going to rue the day they decided post their new and "improved" Privacy Matters 123 "Free Credit Report" infomercial. I won't rest until these F**kers stop their B.S. advertisements.

- Note: what clued me in was they will not service "Military members."

Retirees beware www.privacymatters123.com is a total misrepresentation and scam.
Ju
  9th of Mar, 2010
I just called and had my service canceled. I also did not know that I was being charged. I have recorded the names of the representatives I spoke with and the confirmation numbers they gave me. I will be keeping a close eye on my bank account to make sure they do not continue to charge me. They said they were going to refund the money for both services for both months, and they did not give me any trouble about giving me refunds. It seemed almost too easy, so I'm hoping I won't have further trouble out of them.