Privacy Matters 123 / Unauthorized debit

We found a charge in our account for $19.95 and found that neither my husband nor myself made this charge. Called the 877 number and they said it would be cancelled. When we found it it was still in the pending part of our account, but now today it has cleared. The bank said they could not do anything about it, however, am going to call again. I recently became a Classmates.com member and will NOT be renewing my subscription after the 3 months is up. We have cancelled his debit card at this time. Still waiting to get the charge removed.

A  11th of Apr, 2009 by
They have stolen $29.95 twice (2 month fee) and then 1 more dollar from my cc. I did not get any credit report ever or any email from '123'. Never the less my First National bank (visa provider) is not very cooperative with me. Will drop it.
N  25th of Apr, 2009 by
i was checking my bank accout online and found two charges debited from my account. I had never heard anything bout this company nor did i authorize them to debit my account, i called and spoke with three different people and none of them could tell me how my account was charged because they did not hav any record of me having an account . And the drafts caused me to have overdraft charges of 50.00 dollars they told me that i would have to send them more paperwork from my bank and then it would take up to 2 weeks to get my money back.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charg
Tina Johnson
N  1st of Mar, 2010 by
Last month I was reviewing my online bank statement and noticed an unauthorized debit withdrawal from my account from Privacy Matters 123. I called my bank and informed them of this and they went right to work. While on the line with them, I saw that the unauthorized withdrawals dated back to November 2009. Well, now my "membership" with Privacy Matters 123 is cancelled. But something has to be done to companies like this for doing these illegal transactions. I hope one day I tune in to the news and hear that this company is under federal investigation and that all businesses with tis company is halted.