PrinterInks.com / Purchase not delivered

1 4 Victoria Road, RuislipHarrow, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0870 042 3737

Printer cartridges ordered on 20 July 2008. Company email sent on 22 July stating ink out of stock, and if it wasn't in stock in 7 days, I would be contacted with options. I emailed on 29 July requesting likely delivery date, no response received by today, 4th August. Order tracking facility on the website only gives me the option of ordering more - hah! Phoned today and advised that supplier had let them down, stock expected in 2 days, I should receive in 3 - 7 days. Payment has been taken from my credit card, which is against Card Scheme Rules, since payment should only be taken when goods are despatched. If anyone else uses this company, suggest payment by credit card only.

Pa

Comments

• Pa
      6th of Aug, 2008

Update to my complaint - today, Wednesday 6th August, I received my order by recorded / signed for delivery. Maybe they got stock earlier than expected or maybe I got existing stock because I complained, I don't know. The delivery has certainly cost them more than normal, which could be regarded as good customer service. Incidentally, the package tracking service on the website still doesn't work.

20th of Aug, 2008

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security, I have been waiting months for a refund on a faulty cartridge from this company, despite emails and phone calls. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

• Qq
      1st of Apr, 2009

Ordered 10 days ago, no delivery as yet. Have emailed daily but never get a reply. HOPELESS!

11th of May, 2009

I recently purchased a package deal that is supposed to be compatable with my Epson RX560 printer but when I changed only three of the items, the picture and text were terrible. I don't think they are compatable and would like to have a refund - I will send the inks back. The order No.2447652 Code CB3-T801-6

Your immediate reply would be very welcome.

Pamela Hamer

• Ju
      8th of Aug, 2009

We also had faulty cartridges from these lot. 5 of them to be precise... Sent them e-mails about it - none of which were answered. Eventually got a response after the 5th or 6th attempt!! Sent cartridges back on 25.6.09 - still haven't had a refund - it's now 8.8.09!! Totally useless, inefficient and not the slightest bit interested in good "customer service". As their website says - there are thousands of other places to buy inks and toners - I would highly recommend using one of those and NOT printerinks. RUBBISH COMPANY!!! (The Cartridge People seem pretty good so far...)

• Ri
      4th of Feb, 2010

I ordered two cartridges Tuesday Febuary 2nd on line. I paid for next day delivery. Two days later the cartridges had not arrived. When I called to complain I had to wait for ages even though the recorded message said the wait would be '0 minutes' ! The woman I sopke to was not at all appologetic, nor did she offer to send them at a discount, she just informed me they would go in the post tonight! What rubbish. I paid an extra £4 for OVERNIGHT DELIVERY!!! I asked for a refund. I hope I do not have to chase that! Do not use this company.

12th of Feb, 2010

On 2nd Feb I ordered a special offer from printerinks.com of 2 black cartridge, 1 colour and a free pack of paper. The order confirmation arrived but no cartridges. I have e mailed and tried to phone but have had no luck. I checked my credit card account and they took payment on the day I placed the order which has to be illegal. So ten days in and still waiting. Do not use this company. I have used Ink Factory before and they provided an efficient service.

18th of Feb, 2010

I never bought anything, but was informed by someone that I had been duped
    by someone in the pay of this company. So I will add my story to this list.

I had written an introduction to html page on the web. One day, I received an innocent looking
    email from a certain Crystal (crystal@studentsandteachers.org),
    saying one of my links was broken, and I should
    put a link to a more up-to-date link at

www.printerinks.com/html-examples-and-aids.html

This site has some pretty basic information on html. So I decided to put a link
    from my page to the above link

Apparently, printerinks.com had paid people at studentsandteachers.org to
    reach out to people like me, to create lots of links to their website.
    Recently, I was informed of this scam by another unsolicited email from "Brent" who saw my
    webpage which credited "crystal@studentsandteachers.com".

According to Brent, studentsandteachers.org has the DNS of
    ns2.eleganthost.com
    ns1.eleganthost.com
    which supports

Brent included copies of several emails he found on the web, which I reproduce below.
    Although I had deleted my original email from Crystal, I recalled that I did receive something
    that looked very similar to one of these:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    from crystal@studentsandteachers.org
    to ritnosotro@gmail.com
    date Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    subject Nonfunctional link on http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b2drake-francis.htm

Hi!
    Hope I'm not bothering you, I'm Crystal, a teaching assistant for an education professor. I've been doing some research online for an upcoming class, and your page was very helpful. Thanks so much!

I noticed that on your page (http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b2drake-francis.htm) you have a broken link http://www.mcn.org/2/oseeler/voy.htm and I thought I would offer a possible replacement: http://www.uscollegesearch.org/educating/great-explorers-sir-francis-drake.html
    It has some great information about the life and explorations of Sir Francis Drake. I found it to be a great resource during my research, and it would be a great fix to your broken link. I've added it to my bookmarks, along with your site :)

Just thought I'd let you know :)

Take Care,
    Crystal

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Amy Coleman
    Re: I found a broken link on your page: http://web.mit.edu/~netbsd/src/lib/libc/time/tz-link.htm
    daemon@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Gwillim Law)
    Mon Sep 21 19:19:39 2009

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    From: caitlin@studentsandteachers.org
    [mailto:caitlin@studentsandteachers.org]
    Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:51
    To: tz@lecserver.nci.nih.gov
    Subject: I found a broken link on your page:
    I found a broken link on your page

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you, but my name is Caitlin Walters and I'm a
    Geography Teacher in a small school in New England. While I was doing some
    research in preparing a lesson plan, I noticed that on this
    page...http://web.mit.edu/~netbsd/src/lib/libc/time/tz-link.htm, you have a
    link to http://www.phys.uu.nl/~vgent/idl/idl.htm. I don't think that page
    exists any longer, or maybe the site was down when I tried it.

In my research I found this
    page...http://www.watch-inc.com/articles/historyoftheinternational.html,
    which has some very good resources and information on the international date
    line. I think it could make a good addition, or replacement of the link
    that didn't work, for your page.
    Caitlin Walters

X-Barracuda-Envelope-From: RLAW@nc.rr.com
    From: "Gwillim Law"
    To: ,
    Cc:
    Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:18:45 -0400

[REPLY]
    To Ms. Walters,

When I tried the link a few minutes ago, it was working. However, we're
    always glad to check out any potential errors.

To the SIPB NetBST dev team:

The page cited in the subject line seems to be under your control. This page
    is an outdated version of Paul Eggert's definitive page describing the Olson
    tz database, which is at http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm. Your page is
    version 7.42; his page is currently version 8.15. My link checker found
    eleven dead links on your page, and only three on Mr. Eggert's. I suggest
    that you link to Mr. Eggert's page, which is well maintained, instead of
    presenting an obsolete version that may be a disservice to some of your
    users.

Yours, Gwillim Law
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

My name is Amy Coleman. I am a student from Central New York. I am doing some research on domestic violence against males for a Sociology course I am taking. I found your page to be very helpful, thanks so much.

I noticed you link to: http://www.safe4all.org/essays/2page.html. Thank you for the great recommendation, it had a lot of helpful information domestic violence against men.

Because your site has been so helpful in my research, allow me to return the favor by suggesting another page I found in my research that you may find interesting: http://www.datehookup.com/content-men-and-domestic-violence.htm.

Despite the funny URL, this article has some great information on men and domestic abuse and it has been very helpful in my research. I think it would make a great addition to your page!

Thank you for your time and your resource!

Have a great day!

Amy Coleman
    amyc at studentsandteachers.org

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Re: I found a broken link on http://www.stanmorgan.com/indexbad.htm
    From: Liam Quin
    Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 19:17:54 -0400
    To: alice@studentsandteachers.org
    Cc: site-comments@w3.org
    Message-ID: <20091002231754.GT8245@w3.org>

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 01:40:53PM -0500, alice@studentsandteachers.org wrote:
    > I came across your site today while doing some research on XML for one of my
    > computer science classes. You provide some really great resources, but I
    > noticed that on your page http://www.stanmorgan.com/indexbad.htm you link to
    > http://www.sciam.com/1999/0599issue/0599bosak.html, but that is a broken link
    > (doesn't look like that page exists anymore). I also found this page in my
    > research which could be a good replacement if you just wanted to change the
    > link :) http://www.meetingtomorrow.com/cms-category/learning-xml

http://www.stanmorgan.com/indexbad.htm is an unauthorized copy of
    a page I edited years ago, and I cannot change it.

Liam

Printerinks.com
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 0797 255 6135
    prinkerinks.com

I placed an order with Printerinks.com online for black and colour cartridges on 12 Jan 2010 value c£180. Nothing on the website advised of stock level and the money was taken from my credit card within a couple of days.

After a fortnight, I still had not received my order and rang to chase. I was advised they were waiting a delivery within a few days. The operator also admitted they had no stock at the time I had placed my order. The operator arranged for the black cartridges to be despatched and that teh colour cartridges would follow i a few days.

After a further two weeks the colour cartridges still had not arrived and I rang and was again advised they were still awaiting delivery.

I have since rung on several occassions to chase my order which despite several promises of delivey by a definite date, is still outstanding. During a call on 26 Feb 2010 the company representative acknowledged that they were operating in breach of the Distance Selling regulations. He advised me they had now received the delivery and that my order had already been despatched, which I would receive within a couple of days. They could not guarantee the date I would receive the order as that was dependant on Royal Mail. I did ask, given the time that had elapsed since my original order, why they had not used a courier or a guaranteed next day service!!.

However depsite this assurance that my order had been desptached, I am still as at 5 March 2010, waiting for my order

• Ho
      11th of Mar, 2010

I ordered and payed for lexmark cartidges on 9/02/ 2010. I received an e-mail 16/02/2010 saying sorry for the delay in sending my order, due to low stock. I sent 1st message asking where my order was on 1/03 2010 then 2nd message on 3/03/2010. Still did not receive a reply. Rang their phone number numerous times, nobody answered. Stay well clear PRINTERINKS.COM are a waste of money and time.

• Da
      12th of Mar, 2010

I would be happy to assist, please provide your order #

• Vi
      19th of Mar, 2010

Have to agree. Ordered toner on 22/2/10 still had not received by 18/03/09 despite being told they had been posted 1st class (not signed for). If you want to phone and complain stand by to have plenty of time available. Yesterday it took 39 minutes for someone to answer. Today I am calling them back as they promised to send them by courier for delivery today. It's 3.40pm and they haven't arrived so called them again. 24 minutes this time. Sudhir answered again - I think he's the only one picking up the phone - I felt sorry for the guy as he sounded like he'd had a hell of a bad day. He said they were only sent this morning and gave me a tracking number which did not work. Luckily ordered by credit card so will dispute if they don't arrive on Monday.

• Ri
      14th of May, 2010

i agree with above, i have had long and very slow correspondence over replacement cartridges which just did not work. after returning them at my expense the have finally offered a "disocunt" on my next order.
    I SHALL NOT BE SENDING ANY MORE MONEY TO THIS HOPELESS OUTFIT.
    I AM INTENDING TO TAKE ACTION IN THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT. ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THIS?

1st of Jun, 2010

I emailed a query re how quickly cartridges could be delivered (as I had run out of ink and needed cartridges urgently) and was told next day so I ordered 17 ink cartridges on 25 May, after 3 emails still no cartridges and no reply to my emails. Checked my past orders online and they have disappeared! Just like my mondy which was removed from my bank account on the day I ordered.

• Uk
      4th of May, 2012
    PrinterInks.com - does not work
    printerinks.com
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I have bought more than once from this company for my Canon Pixma, and I have had nothing but trouble, the latest being that I could not print black, despite both small and large cartridges being full. Deep clean, wast 1/4 cartridge, still no result. Replace with Canon product - works fine. Never again will I buy these dodgy knock-offs.