Primetime Savings, Oceanside, CA / False charges

1 Oceanside CA, United States Review updated:

I saw several people complaining about this company. Unknowingly, I have become a victim of their fraud. I am being charged the notorious $16.95 and they refuse to refund or cancel my "subscription". The customer service rep told me flat out that "nothing can be done"...I have contacted my bank and documented a formal complaint. I have no clue what this company does, or sells. I never asked for their product. This is a huge fraud. We need to do something about companies like this...this is horrible.

Comments

• Ci
      3rd of Feb, 2009

i too am getting charged 16.95 a month for some primetimesaves and they have done it for 3 monthes and will not give me a refund...either!!!

3rd of Feb, 2009

I am another victim of this fraud, what can we do?

• Me
      9th of Feb, 2009

How do you contact this company? I too am getting charged 16.95. I don't know what it is or how to go about contacting them on this matter, but I will be calling my bank.

• Sd
      12th of Feb, 2009

I had the same problem. I went out of state for 4 months and had my partner pay my credit card off every month. I come home and see this 16.95 charge from primetime savings. The number listed on my charge card is 1-800-592-9617. I called them at least 12 times, each time it was a different person on the line saying the same thing over and over, "this is primetime, how may i help you?"
    Then they would say that there must be some wrong with my phone line and please hang up and call back.
    Call your credit card company, (the phone number is on the back of the card) and tell them everything. I told them about seeing this site and they put me through to the fraud dept. They are going to dispute the charges and issue me a new card number.

26th of Feb, 2009

This is happening to me, too. I have tried calling them and I get the same "Hello" "Hello". They act like they can't hear me, then hang up.

I don't know how I ended up getting charges from them. I never heard of Primetime before I became a victim.

• He
      5th of Mar, 2009

the only thing i can say is this is BS! same thing was happening to me too!!! i just cancelled my card and filed a clame. hopefully i will be credited something back! but even if i dont i hope these ppl get whats coming to them! i dont understand how the employees can still work there knowing what they're doing to hard working Americans. these ppl need Jesus!!! WWJD?

• Se
      9th of Mar, 2009

I discovered the same thing with my account. I did get a warm body on the phone who cancelled everything for me. I tried to get all of the charges reimbursed, however, I was only able to get the latest charge resolved. I hope more people become aware of this because it unknowingly happened to my wife whil christmas shopping on the internet. They claimed she signed up for the program and that I should have called sooner under the terms of the agreement. In any event, it was cancelled and I will be reimbursed 16.95. However, I will be keeping a close eye on everything! Here is their web site: www.primetimesavings.com and telephone number 1-866-335-7477.

• Jd
      12th of Mar, 2009

I just got off the phone with them and they had no problem stopping payments and refunding last payment.

• Ba
      12th of Mar, 2009

Same story - I have no idea how or when I "signed up" for their "service". I asked what service they were providing me with, and they said they send me coupons to my email. I have never received any coupons, and they said that was my fault because I probably had my spam filter set up wrong! Unbelievable! They said they would cancel my subscription and refund the last charge, but not earlier charges. My credit card company said that I might have to cancel the card. I don't know of any other recourse.

• Jd
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I have been charged the same 16.95 to my account. It just showed up yesterday on my account. I called my bank but since the charge is still pending there is nothing they can do yet. I canceled my card and number and am receiving a new number. Did this work for anybody else?