Primerica / scam and cheating

I have had a 20 yr life policy with Primerica. After 20 yrs they invited me to renew. One of their agents told me they were charging an extra premium because Primerica claims wife has a heart condition and she would have to have an expensive, uncomfortable medical test done to prove she didn't. She saw her hmo doctor who refused to do the test because she didn't need it. He provided a letter I forwarded to Primerica Sent letter stating she has no heart condition (she never had one)and test unnecessary. Primerica refuses to change unless expensive tests done. I asked Cust serv to provide their evidence of heart condition but they refused to provide it. Primerica Cust Serv. says they can't do anything... send another letter to "Underwriting". Underwriting ignored the letter I sent and the doctor letter. Sounds like a scam/fraud to me. I will also complain to California Dept of Insurance. You don't want to buy insurance from dishonest Primerica, a company that rigs its customer relations to prevent resolution of service issues, as long as it benefits them. If Primerica disagrees, all they have to do is respond to my request and provide the evidence they have.

Va

Comments

Re
  7th of Oct, 2008

To Morgan-
I am a home office employee of Primerica and would like the opportunity to assist you in addressing your concerns. Please understand that, for privacy and confidentiality reasons, our practice is to provide confidential information directly to the client's physician, upon written request and authorization by the client to do so. This is the reason that customer services asked you to send your request in writing to the Underwriting Department. If you will contact me at the home office I would be happy to assist you further.

Regena Wood
Primerica Financial Services, Inc.
Duluth, GA
regena(dot)wood(at)primerica.com

Va
  9th of Oct, 2008

So I went to a “meeting” and when I first walked in I saw nothing but red flags. First as soon as I walked in they were extremely exited to greet me, actively shaking my hand and asking me all types of “feel good questions”.

As a person who has been in sales for all my life I can state that this is a tactic used to make people feel good and “important”. They target the inexperienced and “weak people” so they can sell services and make little to no money. HEY IF YOU have ever gone to one of this meetings just look at the cars they drive you will NOT be impressed, and they are the ones that have supposedly succeeded.

Second, look at all the fake trophies and awards on the wall’s they even have five foot “gold” statues that look like a Grammy. – ha, ha, ha awards they gave themselves

Third, and this is the bigggest red flag to any scam you may encounter they will not answer questions over the phone or in person you have to go to a meeting where they will explain everything. BUT HERE IS THE BEST PART being in a meeting is like watching an hour long (or two) infomercial. They tell you how great the company is and put people up their to tell stories about how Primerica has changed their lives. And they stilll wont answer questions.

Fourth, number 4 I call this one surround sound. Yes folks this one is tricky to capture but what they do is separate and into a large circle and when their speaker finishes telling you how their life was horrible before Primerica they all clap and you get a great surround sound noise as if all are clapping ------ this my friend is taking selling to a new level I love it except it’s not for a good cause its to take your money for “licensing” fees and they use your time and money. I can keep going all day but people have to understand that PRIMERICA HAS NOTHING TO LOOS IT’S YOUR TIME IT’S YOUR MONEY, ---- IF THEY HOOK 5 OF YOU INTO DOING THIS WELL THEY HAVE DONE THEIR JOB.

I’m not the most religious man in the world but god bless them – they will need it

P.S.

On a side issue when people act like they are wealthy, and have a job that can take you to the sky --- fine look at their watch is it a Timex or a tissot? Do they drive a 2005 BMW 645 or an old Benz (they love does)----Use your common sense nothing in live is free, nothing in live comes easy... life is a fight between good and evil...

Jo
  6th of Nov, 2008

How many boards does the PFS home office monitor?

Ri
  7th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS ALL THE COMPLAINTS I SEE ABOUT
PRIMERICA. FACT # 1 YOU ARE ALL VERY MUCH MISTAKEN.
THE COMPANY HAS ALWAYS SET A VERY HIGH STANDARD OF SERVICE TO ALL CLIENT'S. IF A PROBLEM OCCURRED IT USUALLY
HAPPENS IN A SITUATUION WHERE A REPRESENTATIVE MADE
AN ERROR IN JUDGEMENT. IF THAT HAPPENS, AND IT IS REPORTED TO THE COMPANY. PRIMERICA WILL ACT SWIFTLY TO
RESOLVE THE CASE FOR THE CLIENT AND THE REPRESENTATIVE
WILL BE PUT ON NOTICE. WRONG THINGS HAPPEN IN ALL COMPANIES, MISTAKES HAPPEN. HOWEVER, YOU MUST USE YOUR
COMMON SENSE. PRIMERICA VALUES ITS REPUTATION AS A LEADER IN FINANCIAL SERVICES. IT WOULD NEVER JEOPARDIZE
THE COMPANY'S REPUTATION ON SOLID SERVCE TO THE CLIENT'S
THEY SERVE BY IGNORING ERROR'S OF JUDGEMENT ON ANYBODY'S PART. THIS COMPANY (PRIMERICA) ALWAYS WORKS
VERY HARD TO PROTECT THEIR CLIENT'S. I AM A CLIENT AND HAVE BEEN FOR 8 YEARS. THEY HAVE ALWAYS SERVED WELL.
LIKE I SAID, COMPANIES AND PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. WANT A
LIST. FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON AND MONICA LEWINSKY.
BERNIE MADOFF LOST 50 BILLION $ OF PEOPLES MONEY. THE S.E.C. WHO WAS TIPPED OFF YEARS AGO ABOUT MADOFF DID NOTHING. ENRON, WORLDCOM, AIG, THE LIST GOES ON. WHAT
I AM SAYING HERE IS DON'T JUDGE A COMPANY ON YOUR EMOTIONS JUDGE IT BY THE FACTS ! FACT #2 PRIMERICA IS ONE
OF THE GREATEST COMPANIES OUT THERE. YOU JUST DON'T TRULY UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS IT IS REALLY IN. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT IS? IT IS IN THE BUSINESS OF TRULY HELPING GET OUT OF DEBT AND SAVE FOR THEIR FUTURE. YET YOU ARE SO FIXED ON CRITICISING YOU JUST DON'T GET IT.
HAVE YOU EVER DONE SOMETHING WRONG? DID YOU EVER MAKE A MISTAKE? STOP BEING A HYPPOCRITE AND START KNOWING THE FACTS. UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND HUMANS WILL MAKE MISTAKES AND EVEN DISAPPOINT. YET,
HUMANS WILL ALSO DO GREAT THINGS FOR PEOPLE TOO. SO,
BACK OFF YOUR CRITIC COMMENTS AND MAYBE GET INVOLVED
IN THINGS THAT TRULY BENEFIT PEOPLE. THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THAT?

SINCERELY,

A NEUTRAL CLIENT OF PRIMERICA
WHO KNOWS THE FACTS FIRST.

Ke
  18th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

When I was out of work a few years ago I put my resume on monster and got a call from a guy who said that he was hiring and that I looked to be "a perfect candidate" I then asked what the position was and he said it is in "financial services." I had been in the mortgage and real estate industry about 5 years at the time. I had never heard of primamerica and said that he felt my resume was great and wanted to consider me for a management position. I asked him what kind of mortgages the company did and he simply stated, "we do everything." When I asked what product that he did the most of he kept saying, "Yeah we do little bit of everything, but let's schedule you for a meeting and we will go over all of that when you get here."

I figured I had nothing to loose as I had wrapped up an interview earlier in the day. When I went to the office I saw some signs on the building that were hand written that said "Primamerica interview this way." I began to get suspicious and was wondering if they were only leasing the building to just conduct interviews. When I walked in the door they had me sign in and I asked who I would be meeting with and the woman there said "We will get to that in just a moment." Now mind you I had just met this woman and she acted like she was my long lost sister or best friend. She had a huge smile on her face and kept welcoming me. As I was waiting another man walked in and both of us started to talk and he also stated that he had no idea what the position was other then management. Shortly a man walked into the room with some other people and then stated that we were going to watch a film and that we would be licensed to be "insurance agents" and that the initial fee was 250.00 dollars. When I realized what was going on and that this was nothing more then a MLM and that I was being baited I stood up and walked over to a man who said he was the VP of the company and flat out asked him if I was being hired in the mortgage business and as a manager. After about 5 attempts at asking he finally told me that this is a great business opportunity and that I would not have to sell mortgages anymore because I was going to become rich beyond my wildest dreams. I was completely disgusted and got angry and told him flat out that he had wasted my time. I picked up my stufff and stomped out. While I was leaving there was a crowd of people walking in about 30 of them and I turned around and said in a loud voice, "don't waste your time, they have no jobs for you and they are just a MLM scam. Some of the people turned around and left.

I have been in the business world my whole life and there is one thing that I know. Those who are not willing to work very hard and when I say hard I mean very hard. Like 10-15 hour days, weekends, getting to work early and leaving late and learning your particular profession so you know it backwards and forewards you will never be rich.

Let me say it again, if you want to be wealthy, then you have to work hard, hard, hard. You have to be willing to put your whole life into your job and work your butt off. However most people don't do that. They think there is an easy way and that is why we have companies like Scamway and Primamerica. Although the people on top are successful rip off artists and may make some money most others down the scale never do. These companies sell broken dreams and lies.

Being truly successful takes, blood, sweat and tears and generally being somewhat likable. Thomas Jefferson once said, "The harder I work the luckier I get." That is the truth there are no short cuts and never will be. Hard work, being honest, going above and beyond what is expected, being an expert in your field with product knowledge and having a postive attitude are what makes people successful, and nothing else will do.

Da
  14th of Jul, 2009

I would like to give my two cents to both the complaint and the negative comment first of all if your wealthy you do not have to show it off look at Steve Jobs he owns Apple you probably own one of his devices they...

second this world is full of negativism Primerica is filled of positive and excited people who feel happy that they have hope to some day escape their JOB and be Financially Independent and provide a better life for their Families and for the fake trophies did they not exist? if you have children who play sports they too get trophies wether they win or loose are they bathe in gold or silver? sure small trophies whom to adults might not have any significance but to a child it makes a difference

third yeah your right Primerica has nothing to loose it is the only Company that has ZERO DEBT in tHE whole USof A or else why would they be teaching that they are worth alone over 7 billion dollars they dont your money what they do is sponsor you Primerica gives you a franchise oppurtunity without the franchise cost (mcdonalds, Subway, supplement direct) they pay for your licensing see how much it will cost you alone go get a life license, securities to do investments, and have a bank certify you to do loans without you working for them. they dont need your donation all the contrary the people need their help to put their finances together and get them out of debt see how much it costs you to get a financial analysis from any bank

fourth God has blessed this company for over 31 years it was built on not to get their agents wealthy it was built on a crusade to help middle income families retire well and help protect their families while on their way to retirement (buy term and invest the difference) if you were married and had children you would find that if you were one day gone and left your family, apart from leaving them without your presence they will also be devastated with all you financial responsibilities and your funeral costs and if you do and are not yet properly protected yo must not love your family enough relieve them from those costs
So you say you have been in sales? Well than you must know that in sales you must persuade a client to buy your product In Primerica they dont do that they show you two scenarios one what you are living at the moment than two their way which 99% of the time is better than you previous situation saving you money helping you establish both a retirement fund and a college fund for your young children, be properly protected and an earlier payoff date for you debt, now does the agent have to persuade you to take his plan? you decide

now for the comment it is true we do a little bit of everything did you hear about those cases in califonia about that man killing his family and taking his life over financial woes now if that person had some hope to fall back on even a slight one would that had happen being in a positive environment? you dont know how many families i have walked in and saved their marriages over financial problems WE HELP FAMILIES. we are not in any way like amway we offer products families need and want and the reason they schedule you for a meeting or an interview is because what we show and teach families is all visual do you call a barber or hair stylist and ask if they can cut your hair over the phone? we are professionals and get payed like professionals if a lawyer has no case does he get paid? what about a doctor if he has no patients does he get paid? Work hard what do you mean work hard? you can give all your life to a company but will you ever be the CEO of that company even the president? Corporate America has thought you that and unless you have a high degree i dont mean like a major in english and you become a teacher I mean like a doctor you will become somewhat wealthy even than some get accommodated withe 15 to 20 dollars an hour remember the cost of living goes up every year and unless you get over a 3% increase on your paycheck you keep up with inflation

WOW!!! give your life to a your job what about your family are you married? even that what about your parents? and your right there is no shortcuts to success and Primerica doesnt teach that it is not a quick cash thing it takes some time to get to where the big earners are yes it takes blood, sweat, and tears to become successful it also takes discipline we are experts in our field speak to someone who has been working in the company over a year.

Ge
  30th of Aug, 2009

Also something to note is that when you renew a term policy the premium will automatically go up based upon the attained age. Maybe this was a new rep and he didn't actually know this. So when he saw the premium increase he automatically attributed it to some health issues. If you renew with Primerica within a specified amount of time no proof of insurability is required.

Ge
  30th of Aug, 2009

Just a quick comment...Primerica does sell Mortgages so the "manager" was wrong if he said they didn't. They also offer life insurance, car insurance, homeowners insurance, mutual fund allocation, etc. If you had to set up an office how much would it cost to sell these products not counting the franchise fee you would have to pay to be a State Farm, Allstate, or other agent. You can work hard and set up appointments to offer these great products to middle income America and eventually do really well because of your hard work or you can go work for corporate America, work really hard, and still be in danger of losing your job because of all your hard work much less a chance to be the CEO of your company.

Do
  23rd of Oct, 2009

on Oct 22, 2009
2 Primamerica reps that invited my wife to a Wednesday night meeting in Wayne NJ. After she went thaey contacted me, because of my wifes' friendship with one of them I let them she me a few things I was interested in BUT because they could not adrress my desire for a long term private disability insur. poloicy if i should be disabled, The more experience person invited me and my wife to a Wednesday night meeting before they had the presentation segment as they have every Wednesdays. There before the meeting A vice President would talk to me. THAT WAS FINE WITH ME
BUT WHEN THERE FOCUSED TURNED TO MY WIFES' INSURGENCE POLICY INQUIRY, AFTER SOME FACTS WERE GIVEN TO THEM AND SAW THAT MY WIFE WAS UNABLE TO OBTIAN A POLICY AT THE PRESENT TIME "THATS WHEN ONE OF THEM BEGAN TELLING ME HOW SHE SAW ME UNT UNDERSTANDING MY WIFES' ISSUES ETC...
How I need to do this or that, Spouting off on what she thinks I should do concerning personal matters etc... SHE INSULTED ME in my own how andin front another young man that they would address after they were done with me and my wife (HE DID NOT WANT ANY PART OF THEM) he said.
I sat in, my own living room for almost an hour listening to the one or other telling me how I should resolve or conduct our personal affair so I my obtain a policy from them if anything were to happen to me.
I sat and I sat SLOWLY GETTING MADDER AND MADDER finally I raised my voice in a not so meek way I ORDERED Them to leave my house.!!!
IF THESE ARE THE TYPES OF PERSONS PRIMAMERICA HAS BEWARE OF THEM AND THEIR PUSY INTRUSIVE TACTICS

Tr
  9th of Aug, 2010

I absolutely rescent this company, I started a blog to help spread the word about them please post your complaints please primericacomplaints.blogspot.com

Tr