Prime Properties / Horrible leasing business

This has to be the worst leasing company known to mankind. I knew we were in for a future filled with complete hatred and disappointment the first time we visited there office to fill out an application. We had to physically go to the office being that NONE of our phone calls to the representatives on the leasing signs were answered not to mention the messages we left them. If it hadn't been for the desperate need of a house while moving in from out-of-state, we would have NEVER has pursued this company. Once we filled out the application, we were told that we’d been assigned our very own “property management representative” and that he would be who we’d deal with from that point on. We sat and waited on him for over an hour that day and finally a lady came in to inform us that he was quote “too busy” to come meet us and discuss the new property and its logistics. She then began to run through all of it herself (although unqualified to do so) all the while managing to suck the very life out of us. She had zero personality and we truly believe that smiling would have obviously been against her “religion”. Eventually we moved in and found out the hard way that we literally could do NOTHING right. We are adamant about paying our rent on time and keeping the house in great condition. So much that we received a gift certificate from the “owner” (not Prime Properties) of the house for Christmas stating that he greatly appreciated our cleanliness and prompt payments. However, this would never suffice Prime Properties. No matter what you do and how well you do it, they find a way to harass you and get extra money out of you. The rent is due on the first (ZERO grace period) and the first happened to fall on a Sunday one month so we took it to them on the 2nd and they charged us late fees. We were livid. This was coming from a couple who never missed a payment and was never late yet they pressed these fees upon us. We argued the fact that is was on a Sunday but they could care less. Also, they come every so often to check the a/c filter and if you haven’t changed it yourself, they will not only bill you for the filter but also the time and effort it took them to come to your house (even though they have to make the trip anyway to “check” the filter. We changed it ourselves one month and they claimed that since we didn’t let them know that ahead of time that they have to charge us for both the filter and their time and effort. Nowhere in the contract does it state that we have to make them aware that we changed it first. We began changing the filter ourselves and taking a picture of the expiration date on it and sending it to them. This way they cannot charge for the filter nor the technician to come out to service it. This little idea has blown their mind, but trust me they find other ways to charge you unnecessary fees. With the current drought we’re having and the town limiting our water use, a couple of the bushes have begin to dry up and look brittle. We received a letter stating that they were going to charge us not only for the “dry/brittle” bushes but the three weeds that we had sitting next to the house. I’m not exaggerating this. My husband loves to do yard work and never allows weeds next to his flower beds, trees etc. These three weeds grew (like weeds do) spontaneously on the side of the house and before we even noticed them, we were receiving a notice that we were being “fined” for them. We found it hilarious considering the way the market is today and you have someone such as us paying the rent like clockwork and keeping the property in impeccable condition yet you continue to “push” us and threaten us constantly. We have recently decided to move away just simply to get away from these people and their horrible business. Not real smart on their part with the economy the way it is. I can almost guarantee you that they’re not going to find tenants (in that area) that are as devoted as we are to the property and the rent.

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Feb, 2010

Prime Properties recently changed their name to OneProp, probably due to their horrible reputation for not properly managing their properties, failing to do repairs in a timely manner, and failure to respect the rights of their tenants. I agree that it is the worst property management in this country. They hire unqualified contractors to do work, including workers that don't even speak English. They threaten tenants with fines constantly. They do not have any grace periods on their rent. They will fine you immediately for even the smallest infraction, such as a weed in the garden. They often don't respond to emails or voice mails. I have personally had to go into their office and explain their duties under the law as a property management company to get a qualified contractor out to their property. Their typical response to any request is this: It is a tenant's responsibility to comply with all of our demands. If you choose to rent a property from this company, they will try to make you feel like an ignorant child in every interaction.

• Co
      27th of Sep, 2011

I hired OneProp to mange my property and have nothing but problems from day 1. If you are looking to rent your property DO NOT use this service. The rep I used would change the listing price of my home without contacting me, he billed me more money than what was told to me for clean up fees (with no support as to why), would barely return e-mails, he would tell me I would have applications the next day and then nothing would ever come AND he would not follow up to let me know if it fell through or what was going on, he even left a potential tenant standing in front of my home for over 30 minutes waiting to see my property and he never showed b/c he forgot to pencil them in his calendar. I lost several thousands of dollars from hiring this company... DO NOT USE THEM!!!

• Do
      14th of May, 2013

I agree they are subpar company. They do a horrible job managing my property and charge they property owner with every extra expense they canKevin Martin has learned to reply to the complaint boards but their are SO MANY complaints, the truth still comes out. It's a wonder they are still in business

6th of Jun, 2017

This company keeps switching its name, Prime Properties, One Prop, now Property frameworks. Different name, same practices. They still completely screw the tenants out of their deposits, and come up with very fraudulent charges. They also have this handy list of recommended cleaners for you to use, that are outrageous prices. Come to find out, if you do not use their list of people, they will tell you, you did not do a good enough job, hire their guys anyway, and charge you crazy amounts to clean carpet, repaint. 500 for carpet cleaning, 120 for 3ft tall dead tree removal, 90 to remove spiderwebs from the eves, 125 to pressure wash the garage because my car left a 1ft diameter oil spot. Place is just bogus.