PriceMad.com / Rude salespeople, poor customer service!

417 5th Avenue 10016New York, NY, United States Review updated:
2.95
Phone: 800-281-3075

On Nov 3rd, I placed an order and was called with information that my particular model was no longer in production. The salesperson then upsold me another model. I had second thoughts the next day and attempted to cancel the order. I was told that he would meet my objections, which was an extra warranty. Brian, the salesman offered to refund the $299 cost of the warranty. My card was immediately charged the full amount and the television arrived weeks later broken. I called to get another television and was told that it would be shipped out. I had not gotten a tracking number and the credit card was still not charged back for the warranty.

Today - a full 5 weeks later, I still have no television, but I have a tracking number. Brian the salesman informed me that my refund of 299 was only 268 because of a "restocking fee" that was never mentioned previously. No information is ever given via email, although I have sent them at least 3 emails inquiring about the status of the return and replacement. When calling, you are faced with a long wait to talk to anyone - with the exception of Julie in Customer Service, all my interactions with this company have been rude and clearly not customer focused.

For example, instead of greeting someone on the phone with "Hello this is Brian, how can I help you?" or any other typical helpful greeting, I got "Hello?" The wait on the phone to get questions answered is far too long (average 20 minutes). The customer service attitude of most of the people here is clearly in need of training. The prices are not as advertised and they charge your credit card immediately and then take far too long to ship your product. They also ship the product with a logistics company that then hands off the shipment to another party to deliver the item to you. Nobody in the chain has any customer service skills.

I highly recommend that you stay far away from this 'retailer' I will NEVER EVER buy from them again and I am so angry that I am finding every single feedback website I can to tell you about them.

STAY AWAY!!!

Comments

Ma
  29th of Oct, 2007

PriceMad.com - Pricemad.com Bait and Switch

Shopped online for a Plasma TV.

Pricemad.com had the one I wanted, saying it was 'in stock' and delivery would be 1-2 business days.

Placed the order....

They call me and say that model is out of stock and will not come in for weeks but they will sell me a more expensive one if I want now. I say I'll wait and 3 weeks later I am still waiting despite their website still saying the TV is in stock.

Numerous emails, no contact since.

Avoid this company!
Ca
  6th of Dec, 2007
I am having a terrible problem with PriceMad.com I placed an order on Nov. 23 and was told it was 4-6 business days for delivery.
Today is December 6 and still, no order. Each time I call, I am given a different story. The big problem is, my credit card bill arrived yesterday. I have no idea what to do. I have never encountered this problem before and I don't know whether to protest or pay the charge. This company does not do what they say. When I attempt to go to tracking, there is nothing to indicate whether my item has been shipped or not.
Di
  17th of Dec, 2007
I and my girlfriend went to their store yesterday (12/16/07) trying to get myself a Christmas gift. My gf's first impression was everything looked old/refurbished. I told the salesman I saw their online ad. and wanted to buy the Sony KDL-32XBR4. Then he said he wasn't responsible for online sales and would get someone to help me. After 5 minutes of waiting, I asked another person who was packing the TVs and he told me someone would come out for me shortly... So another 5 minutes had passed and I felt like I wasn't a customer to them. Their sales people were fooling around but nobody helped me. I then left with my gf. For those who get charged and are still waiting for the item I would suggest to cancel the order and dispute the charge. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! They are very unprofessional. They can only make you MAD and drive you NUTS!!!
Ke
  10th of Apr, 2008

PriceMad.com - Non-shipment!
Pricemad.com
417 5th Avenue 10016
Phone: 800-281-3075
www.pricemad.com

As far as customer service goes, these guys are about the worst I have ever dealt with. They promise things that are not true, they do not return phone calls, they do not return e-mails, you are left on hold for up to an hour with no check-in or hold music, and they are all very good at transferring you to someone else to deal with. I tried to order a TV that they didn't have in stock. The salesman tried to get me to buy something else because he was more concerned about making a sale at that moment. I was then told it would take about a week to ship to their warehouse and another week to ship to me. Well, after two weeks there was nothing. I would call and they would say it should be there in a few days, or it has already left their warehouse. Finally, after about a month of getting one dishonest answer after another, I finally canceled the order. Customer service and honesty is something that you can't put too much of a price on. I would NEVER recommend anyone ever buying something from these guys. If they would have just said it would take 2 months to get one, or that they couldn't get one at all, I would have had more respect for them since they were honest. But, that never happened. Avoid Pricemad at all costs!!!
Do
  28th of Apr, 2008

PriceMad.com - Bait and switch, wrong item
129 Ridgely Rd
Mankato
Minnesota
Phone: 507-345-1009

I order a 46" Samsung HDTV from pricemad.com. I received an email instructing me to call to confirm the order. I was informed the model I ordered was unavailable and offered a newer, better model for $100 more. I was then told that although they advertised free freight they added on 3% for insurance. Supposedly my TV was shipped in error to a pricemad customer in Florida. He was mad because it was not the model he ordered so he boxed up the TV and had it picked up. It was also not in a factory sealed box and was poorly packed. I don't know how his unfortunate experience was resolved. Two weeks later I received the TV. It was not the one I ordered either, but one selling for $600 less. It was also very dusty and scuffed up. I tried to reach customer service today but they have limited hours, unlike the sales department, so I'll try again tomorrow. Avoid this company!!!
Cr
  20th of May, 2008
I've been shopping online for over 5 years now and Pricemad.com is by far the worst experience I've ever had. After placing my order for a Samsung LNT4071 I got an e-mail from them asking me to call and confirm my order. When I did that I was told that the TV I wanted was on back order but they had a newer better model available (Samsung LN40A550) which they'd ship to me for free, as a courtesy. The guy on the phone assured me that TV was a better one and that it had all the features the one I wanted to purchase initially had. The newer model was $150 more expensive but I agreed thinking I was paying for quality. They said I'd get a confirmation e-mail and a tracking number. 2 phone calls and 3 days later I get the confirmation but no tracking number. I call to ask for it and they tell me there is no tracking number on that type of shipping. The TV was delivered to me 10 days later and I could see it was a cheaper set right from the start. I called Samsung and they confirmed that this was indeed a newer model but a technologically inferior TV set. MSPR on this set was $1699 versus the $2499 TV set I initially intended to buy. I called Pricemad right away and said I wanted to return the Tv. This is when they got all rude and asked me to pay a 10% restocking fee + round trip shipping cost. The "courtesy free shipping" was $400 and the restocking fee almost 170. I told them I wasn't going to pay $570 to return it but I'd gladly pay and make arrangements to ship it back to them. I got a quote on shipping from Fedex: $110 for 3 day ground shipping - insurance included. I called Pricemad back to tell them I found cheaper shipping but they wouldn't even let me talk, the guy on the phone freaked out and started yelling at me. He went on about how they do things over there and that I had to do it their way - even though I was the one paying for it. I must have called at least a dozen times trying to reason with them and I'd get the same treatment: yelling, insults and on the last call they just hung up on me. Ultimately, I got in touch with my bank and told them the whole story and asked to put the charge in dispute. If Pricemad won't reason with me maybe they'll enjoy dealing with my bank instead!
Wl
  29th of May, 2008
Horrible place. Bait & Switch Shop. Offers a cheap price w/ free shipping, but then says 14-21 business day delivery...which gives them a chance to price-arb your order. In the meantime, they provide lies/excuses about impending deliveries and some fake date next week when they'll express ship it to you. It never happens. 2 months later, you'll still not have your TV. What fun. You'll cancel your order and they'll try to screw the next sucker. Buy from Amazon and pay a little more. At least it is a real price and it will come in a timely manner.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT PRICEMAD. THEY ARE A SCAM.
Ke
  2nd of Jun, 2008

PriceMad.com - I was on hold for more than 30 seconds
PriceMad.com
www.pricemad.com

My complaint is that I had to Wait more than 30 seconds on hold. Although this is much better than most other companies I have shopped with I believe that companies should hire enough people to answer the phones right away. You could say that I am a fussy buyer but I believe that if I am going to pay a couple of thousand dollars that people should drop everything they are doing to give me the best service possible. Other than that I found pricemad to be very honest in their dealings with me. I have read a few of the other complaints and found them to be the total opposite of what people are writing about. Needless to say that I would shop with them again if ever I needed to buy more electronics.
Da
  28th of Jul, 2008

PriceMad.com - Complaint
Pricemad.com
pricemad.com

Stay away from this place! They bait you with cheap prices on non-stocked items. Ask you to ``confirm'' your order with a salesman who only wants you buy a different make or model instead. They become rude, obnoxious when you don't take the bait. I have to cancel my credit card to avoid all the headach. Never again.
Sa
  30th of Jul, 2008
This is the same company that lure people with lower prices and then switch your order later on... This company is also listed on BBB better business bureau, under different name everytime they get busted... They are call Broadway camera, PriceMad...
Le
  17th of Dec, 2008

PriceMad.com - Fraudulent practices
PriceMad.com
pricemad.com

I ordered a big screen TV. Never was shipped, however I was told everything from it will be there next week, to it wasn't shipped, to no one responding at all. This went on for two months.

Always use a big credit card like Am. Ex when dealing with internet companies. This was you can always pull payment.

I recommend stay away from these guys.
Da
  27th of Jul, 2009
On August 14th I purchased a television from www.pricemad.com. I have yet to receive the correct tv.