PriceMad.com / Highly recommend avoid this company!

I recently attempted to purchase a Toshiba Laptop from PriceMad.com. After accepting payment, I received word that they had sold the same laptop to someone else and my order was cancelled.

I was upset, however they offered a brand new laptop that was priced higher for the same low price I was going to purchas the first laptop at. They assured me that the laptop would be brand new from the factory.

When the laptop arrived, the box was in perfect condition. When I opened the box however, the cables were all unpacked and scattered loosely in the box. The keyboard was warped and had numerous scratches, the CD/DVD player would not close and the monitor was operating at about half the brightness that it should have been. It was very clear this was not a new computer.

When I contacted the company and told them I would be returning the computer and informed them of the reasoning, they told that I would be responsible for shipping costs, citing their return policy and that "they were losing money on my deal".

I have no problem with their policy, except when they use it to punish me for their obvious negligence. I would highly recommend avoiding this company. They make promises that are clearly not true and then saddle you with the burden of paying for their negligence.

Va

Comments

• Di
      17th of Dec, 2007

I and my girlfriend went to their store yesterday (12/16/07) trying to get myself a Christmas gift. My gf's first impression was everything looked old/refurbished. I told the salesman I saw their online ad. and wanted to buy the Sony KDL-32XBR4. Then he said he wasn't responsible for online sales and would get someone to help me. After 5 minutes of waiting, I asked another person who was packing the TVs and he told me someone would come out for me shortly... So another 5 minutes had passed and I felt like I wasn't a customer to them. Their sales people were fooling around but nobody helped me. I then left with my gf. For those who get charged and are still waiting for the item I would suggest to cancel the order and dispute the charge. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! Their is mad so do they make you MAD!!!

• Ti
      16th of Jan, 2008

Avoid this bunch at all cost. I ordered a Panasonic Plasma at $1329. They called the next day to confirm my order. They presented me with a much higher total well over $1600. I was then told I had to pay insurance and then redeem a $200.00 rebate from Panasonic. I argued about the insurance which they agreed to drop but was suckered by the rebate. I then called Panasonic and was told I had to have the TV professionally installed and be able to prove it with a receipt. They then sent me the wrong TV. I am at present contesting everything with my credit card company. I'd rather do business with a guy selling watches from under his coat than this group.

• Ti
      17th of Mar, 2008

These people are a scam. Projector Expo and PriceMad are the same company, avoid this bunch at all cost, do not buy anything from these people you will regret it.

• Ni
      23rd of Apr, 2008

I ordered a 52 inch lcd from them online using the nextag.com price comparison. the website told me to call them after i got my order confirmation. i promptly called them and only then did steve inform me the lcd was a refurbished item. he assured me their company bought inventory from comp usa who had gone bankrupt. i stupidly agreed to go ahead with the purchase and two months later, i am still castigating myself for that decision.

After 4 weeks we got the merchandise and upon opening the box we knew something was wrong. the styrofoam propping the lcd was all taped up and broken in small pieces where they couldn't tape over. i am having a very hard time trying to get my money back.

To everyone out there, DO NOT DEAL WITH PRICEMAD.COM!!! you will completely regret it! (also, try and avoid nextag.com)

My husband who is a lawyer, and i are getting ready to sue them in the online small claims court over there in nyc where pricemad is based. we will make them pay for all the frustration and money lost. i have won a case a small claims court case here in texas so i know how to do this (that's warning you, pricemad!) believe me, there is no shortage of judges who have not been defrauded on an online purchase or scam.

• Ni
      30th of Oct, 2008

Had a similar experience as those listed... Ordered a 52 in. lcd and continually checked the status of the order online with it stating just "pending". Got the same listing for 3 weeks. Used the contact link and left multiple inquires with no response.

When I called in I was on hold for 15-20 minutes before someone answered. The "customer service" rep spoke to me like a used car salesman and informed me that my lcd was on back order. He then pulled the "bait and switch" for a $100 more expensive "newer model" and was told I would have it within 7-9 days. Called a week later and was told that it was shipped "today" and that I would have it within two weeks. I complained to the rep and her answer was "I'm just reading what's on the order, it was shipped today" then basically hung up on me.

Do not order from these scam artists!