PriceMad / Bogus company!

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

They say they have an item in stock, you order, they send an email stating you must call to confirm your order, then they try to sell you something else, then they tell you what you want is on back-order, then they tell you it is shipped & then they tell you it is on back order and try to sell you a lesser product for more money claiming it is a new model. In short, they are liars, practice deception and do not follow-through.

Da

Comments

El
  27th of Dec, 2007
PriceMad - Poor service!
550 Merkl Lane
Lincoln
Alabama
Phone: 205 763-0488
none

I ordered a plasma TV on 20 December 2007. I have received no shipping information even though my credit card was charged on 20 December. (Today is 27 December). When I call customer service at PriceMad, they keep shifting me around to four or five different people, none of which know where my tracking number is. They claim my TV was shipped on 21 December but they are unable to provide me with a tracking number. I don't believe them! Don't buy from these guys.

Th
  18th of Apr, 2008
PriceMad - Flase Advertisement
Pricemad
417 5th ave
Phone: 1-800-281-3075
www.pricemad.com

The product Sharp LCD televison model #LC32D62U was a Spring Clearence Sale at huge saveings and advertised as Brand New.
I have spoken to several sales persons concerning my purchase of this Sharp LC32D62U and they said it's brand new in the factory
Box. After making the purchase and receiving my confirmation from the company pricemad, the description read not as a brand new in the box rather as a REFURBISHD. The bottom line is that they lied about everything. Therefore I have called my Credit card company and requested that I would want this matter concerning my purchase in Dispute and to credit my account.
Another lie was that it was stated as shipment within 2-3 days. My recent phone call today 4-18-08 the salesman said the order
has'nt even left and my order was placed on April 09-08. I hope that you will inform this company of true obligations to customers
and not lie.

Fl
  2nd of May, 2008

BEWARE, THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS. April 17, 2008 I purchased online a "new" 42" Sharp LCD TV, price was good, I had to call back to confirm, talked to Jeff at ext. 212 who said this was a 'class A refurbished TV', guaranteed by Sharp, box never opened, everything new. He also wanted to know why I was ordering an old model, they had the 'new & very improved one' & he would throw in the upgraded shipping (7 to 10 days)for a small amt. more, TV would be shipped the next day, April 18, I said OK. Called back when I saw the Visa charge had gone thru, talked to Steve, who said tv was shipped. Called 4-28 & was told shipping takes 14 business days, their drivers do not get behind the wheels Saturday, Sundays or holidays, they only drive weekdays. On April 30th I should be getting an email confirming, that is 13 days after order was placed. DOES THIS SMELL LIKE A BIG FAT ROTTEN FISH, OR WHAT?

Na
  12th of May, 2008

I read the reviews on the company and got so paranoid that I called and cancelled my order 10 mins after I put in the order. I didn't have any problems, but I will monitor my card to see if it was charged or not...

Kh
  22nd of May, 2008

I agree.. stay away from this company!!! PRICE MAD is a SCAM!!! and their customer service sucks

Sc
  2nd of Jun, 2008

SCAMMERS! Same story as above. Stay away from pricemad.com. They'll tell you it's in stock and will never ship the item. SCAMMERS!

D
  11th of Jul, 2008
PriceMad - refund $779 dispute
New York

One of the worst companies i have came across. I ordered an LCD from them, then canceled my order. I was promised a refund in full, but it has been over a month that i have not received my money on my credit card. I have opened a fraud cliam on them and my next step is going to the media for complaint against this type of companies that take money from inocient people.

To
  19th of Jul, 2008

The sales person "Brian" promised our company a Sony KDLW4100 flat screen TV for the "lowest price". We told him specifically *DO NOT* mail the TV to our billing address of the credit card we are submitting. Sure enough, after the TV hadn't arrived for a whole month, we called the commercial mail handling facility of our billing address and they had it for 10 days. They stated they could ship it for 180$. I called ProjectorExpo and talked to "Jean". I explained to her the circumstances and that we were going to incur 180$ more in cost due to a mistake of Projector Expo. She said she would talk to the manager and have her call us, which never occurred. I called back and she was rude and belligerent not allowing me to speak. She stated that it is company policy not to ship the TV any where else than the billing address on the credit card and that there was nothing they could do. I told her that the sales person Brian didn't follow the company policy in order to make the sale, and thus cheating us out of 180$. She would not take ownership of the problem. She would not credit back 180$ to cover shipping costs that was their mistake. To top it off the TV price - 2200$ - was in the higher end of prices.

I also tried contacting them to update my order status by email. I always received the reply below. They claimed they had order tracking - yet when I tried to track my order, even after the TV was delivered, no useful information was ever published. They also take their phones off the hook between 12:00 and 1:00 pm. To me this is a front end loaded business that disguises its deceitful practices through a decent looking web site. Generate sales but screw the customer.

Beware of Projector Expo.

Dear Valued Customer,

Please call us toll free at 1-800-374-2324 and speak to a knowledgeable
representative who will be glad to assist you in answering any questions you
may have.

Customer Support
ProjectorExpo.com

Ro
  22nd of Jul, 2008

I worked for a shipping company that used to ship freight for PriceMad and the account was a nightmare. There were numerous reports of conceiled damage, where the box was in tact but the merchandise inside was totally messed up. One guy even said that his television was full of dust...!!! They would forward refuse freight from one customer straight to another. I truly felt bad for the individuals who ordered their products. Please be careful!!!

Pa
  18th of Aug, 2008
PriceMad - Customer Service
Phone: 310-804-3599
PriceMad.com

I ordered A new T.V. on July 31st. My credit card was charged, it is now August 20th and I still don`t have my set. Customer service is the worst, They either put you on hold or you get a rude employee on the phone.This is the shadiest company I`ve ever done business with. I highly recommend you STAY AWAY from this place. I was told my set would be brand new, now I find out it is REFURBISHED. Do you`re self a favor and go to Costco or another reputable place. I can`t even get a tracking number for my purchase. I don`t like to complain but this company is so TERRIBLE, I have to.

Ja
  5th of Nov, 2008

I agree I ordered 2 TVs over a month ago 1 TV finally arrived after a nightmare of customer service calls to them, by the way I was charged an extra $100 for express delivery. When the TV arrived the box had previously been openened and the TV did not work.I called to refuse the order and request a refund they did nothing except charge my card again. At this point its been over a month I have been double charged on my card and TV#1 does not work and TV#2 is knowhere to be found. BEWARE!!!

To
New York .NY 10016
Phone: 1-800-218-3075
pricemad.com

Hello
I Initially was in the process of buying a Sharp 32" LCD from PriceMad which was advertized for $779. at the time.I went through the process of completing the purchase on their web site and used my credit card (citiBank) the amt of $775 was charged to my credit card. The TV was advertised as "Brand New" but when I got the invoice when I completed the transaction it said the TV was "Refurbished" I immediately called the owner Mr.Edward Barnathan and told him to cancel my order he was somewhat beligerent made some comment like "your getting a Tv so what if it isn't new" I said cancel my order, again, he said ok go to hell and hung up. I called several times and sent several e-mails to cancel the order. I never received a TV, nor did Mr. Barnathan cancel the charge to my credit card.I also immediately called my Credit Card company Citi Bank told them what had happen and they said they would put this in dispute.It is now over 6 month ago and the charge still remains on my credit card.How do I get this individual to refund the charge he made to my credit card $779.00 and or to get Citi Bank to to pursue this individual more agressively to conclude this outstanding dispute . I raelly would apperciate your help and advise at thsi time Thank You Tom

Ga
  7th of Jan, 2009

I have done business with PriceMad before and will do business with them now and in the future.

Ol
  12th of Apr, 2009

I wish I had seen these complaints before I ordered with PriceMad. I ordered a 52 in Samsung and was told I could order the brand new model for the same price and I could get the 5 yr. RepairTech warranty for the 3 yr. price. Also included were 2 HDMI cables in what they called the ProKit. I received the TV in good order and the delivery truck guy helped me unbox it and check for damage and to see if it worked..it did. I waited approx. 7-10 days and didn't receive the cables or the warranty info. I called and was told they would ship separately. I waited 7 more days and started emailing and calling asking for my cables and warranty package. I was again told it had shipped. When I asked who was shipping and what was the tracking no. I was given a warranty ID no. that was supposed to be mine. When I went to the RepairTech site and tried to enter the no., I was told that it already belonged to a RepairTech customer. I called RepairTech and spoke with a supervisor and he told me that RepairTech did not do business with PriceMad under any circumstances and they had a lawsuit pending to get PriceMad to remove the warranty from their website. When I called PriceMad again and told them all this, they acted like they didn't know any of this and again gave me a bogus warranty no. I told them I wanted my money back for the warranty and the cables and they then tried to sell me a warranty from a group I had never heard of that didn't even cover the price of the TV. I said no, that I wanted a refund on my credit card. Then they started shuffling my calls from customer service to sales and back, until the call (dropped ?) yeah right. I called again and was put on hold and got disconnected again. Also, I should say that PriceMad operated under more than one name. They had at least two or three websites, but when you ordered from any of them, the money went to PriceMad.I called my credit card company immediately and filed a complaint and followed up with the email receipt and explaination of what had happened. They contacted PriceMad and told them they were refunding my charges and if PriceMad had any further info to contact them. I got my refund, but it took 2 months. If you ever have doubts about what you receive, or if you don't receive what you order, contact your credit card company immediately. They are there to help you, but you need to open a complaint within about a month of receiving your merchandise. ...I note that the PriceMad website is no longer working. Not wishing anyone back luck, but if they are out of business, it couldn't have been more deserved.

Sc
  20th of Oct, 2009

I bought a 60" Pioneer plasma TV last August & suffered the same nightmares as most of those listed above. Everything has been going fine until yesterday when the TV started not displaying any satellite or BluRay video. Some TV text appears when I have it on the wrong channel to receive a signal, but that's it. I called CPS, the holder of the protection plan I purchased as part of the TV package, & found out that PriceMad never paid them for my warranty, so it is not valid! I'm now trying to find out what I can do. Probably nothing since they appear to have gone out of business -- none of the phone #s work.