Priceline.comcancellation fees

On my priceline.com trip receipt under important information it reads: "If flight cancellations outside of your control keep you from picking up your car, you will be able to cancel your reservation upon verification". My flight was cancelled. Priceline verified the cancellation. Priceline THEN told me there would be a $27 cancellation fee. Fully 25% of the cost of my unusable retantal. Hidden fee? You bet. I called and wrote, and here was their response.
Dear John,
We are sorry to know that you not satisfied with the cancelation fees charged for your rental car reservation booked with Budget Rent a Car. Our records indicate that we have already addressed your concern. We understand that you are not satisfied with the resolution.
We reviewed your issue again to confirm that we did not overlook anything that might support a more favorable resolution. There is nothing we can add to what has already been stated in our previous correspondence. Although we empathize with your situation, we are truly unable to assistyou further in this matter.
Sincerely,
Sanket T.
Customer Service Specialist

I will no longer do business withPriceline, and neither should you. Deceptive, misleading and dishonest...and they really don't care.

Jk
Feb 24, 2015

Comments

• Sr
      Dec 11, 2007
    Priceline.com - TLG Great Fun - Unauthorized charge of my credit card
    14719 NE 37 PL Apt# A1
    Bellevue
    Phone: [protected]

Once i made a reservation from www.PriceLine.com. at that i didnt get any discount and didnt subscribe for any promotional offers, but one company call Great Fun is deducting $11.99 every month from last 2 months, what should i do ? is there a possibility to get the money back .

Jul 14, 2008

contest on your credit card and price line will get a huge fine from credit card company

•   Aug 04, 2008
    Priceline.com - A nonrefundable ticket purchased.
    Priceline.com

What a rip off. You have to sign a contract and give your credit card info before you can even see a price. What bad luck if they have the price you randomly put in for. A nonrefundable Ticket purchased.

• 20
      Dec 05, 2008

Though I NEVER use an online middle man for any type of reservations, I do know that you can buy cancellation insurance for a few bucks. Like $15.00. Cheap insurance if your ticket costs $1000 or more. Most of these middle men offer that service. However, my question to America is why do you think the middle man works for free? You will be surcharge to death for that cheap price. Go directly to the company and tell them what you want. They can and sometimes will negotiate too. Especially if you are traveling off season. Good luck in the future.

• Ca
      May 07, 2009

We booked a room for two nights in Peoria to see the baseball spring training. Paid over $100 a night for the hotel from hell. Stinky, cigarette smoke infested room. Of course, we paid in advanced via priceline... Upon checking in, we were informed no non smoking rooms in the whole hotel...

We opened the windows, used a bottled of fabreeze, and it never even cut the odor. Being elderly, and not the most weathly people in the world, decided to stick it out. After mid night...the fire alarms rang, and rang. People wandering all over the halls, NO one was at the front desk. Locked up tight, and gone. Land, the fire department never responded...We packed up, left, and drove fifty miles out of there and checked into a clean decent Best Western. Be sure you never ever stay at an Extended Stay America ever. Unless, you want the vacation from hell. Our clothes just reeked and stunk from being in that place.

• Ra
      May 10, 2009

Price line management have made lots of money in their stock holding, only by stealing, an fraudulently booking people in airlines or hotels...I just used the "name your own price", and asked for a five star hotel, un th ecastellana area of Madrid, they sold me the melia Castilla, a three or maximun four star hotel at usdlrs 150.00 per room per night, in hte site of the Melia group the price that the hote lffers the same room is euros 106, which is less than 118 usdlrs, i complaint to them with no abail, escuses plus escuses, to the limit as saying that I saved more that usdlrs 90 per night, they, this price line company, really thinks that people are estupid, and that they do not revise other sites in order to confirm ell the words and lies that priceline offers to their clients...I strongly reccomend NEVER USE THIS COMPANY, they lie, and do not deliver what they offer...if there is someone suing them for this kind of lies, please contact me, I would really like to be part of the suit...thatnks,

• Fa
      Jul 25, 2009
    Priceline.com - Reservation Problems
    Hyatt Dulles
    2300 Dulles Corner Blvd
    Dulles
    Virginia
    Phone: [protected]

I agree that hotels treat priceline.com customers badly. Nothing but reservation problems - both with the hotels and with priceline.com.

I will never again deal with priceline.com - the problems they create are just not worth a few dollars discount.

• Fr
      Jul 31, 2009
    Priceline.com - reservation unfound
    Air Tran
    New York

I purchased ticket for daughter through priceline due to a death in the family I attempted to contact thje airline to change the reservation but the airline initially could not find the reservation, then when I called back the representative would not discuss anything with me. I then attempted to contact priceline and was not given any direct contact information so I am hoping to resolve this issue.

• Hy
      Aug 24, 2009
    Priceline.com - Time
    Priceline.com

I bought aurline ticket that theysay cheape and rent car inculed.
    Because it was chweap no change any thing but they give us time.

I had to got Wichta, KS from Eugene, OR.
    My arrived time to Wichta, KS 23:58PM and return time is 06:30AM nextday.

• Gc
      Oct 22, 2009

I just accidentally booked a hotel room on this site by hitting the home button on the bottom of the page. I had NO idea that it was meant to be a confirmation button. It didn't want to confirm this resveration at all!!! I was just checking prices. Now they say I can't cancel, even though I have another hotel room reserved for that same night in a different city! What's wrong with this picture???

• Ne
      Jan 11, 2010
    Priceline.com - Scam and cheating
    priceline.com

I went to Priceline's website to just check what hotels were available in a certain area & ended up with a reservation I did NOT make in a hotel I did NOT ever request. Priceline would do nothing about it & does not care if you got screwed or not. Do not EVER use them as you will be forced to pay for something you NEVER asked for & you certainly will not get any bargain.

• Ty
      Jan 11, 2010
    Priceline.com - Avoid them
    priceline.com

DO NOT USE PRICELINE.com THey allowed an airline to debit my credit card even though they already debited it themselves! I have wasted many hours trying to rectify the problem only to be told - finally- that I may get a refund in 6 months time!!

• Gl
      Jan 01, 2011

I too got the blown off by Priceline, I was a strong supporter of Priceline for the last 8 years until now. I spent over $400 for tickets for Disneyland Park in Anahiem and was sent a voucher to use. It states right on the voucher word for word" Voucher may be redeemed for the Disneyland Parks. Voucher will be required for redemption. The Guest Services told me they dont have any info on their system regarding my tickets for admission to the park. They check a total of six times and nothing, even the manager tryed and still nothing.

So I have to turn to my 7 year old son and tell him we flew over 3000 miles to Disneyland and cant go in the gate because our "Priceline Voucher " is not valid . All priceline can say is we can get back to you in 7days with a answer to why the voucher is not valid. Luckly I am a parent who has the financil means to dish out another $460 dollars to enter the park, but what about the families who don't have this fianancial mean, could you imagine. Shame on you Priceline!!!

So they get back to me 5 days later and blow me off saying I purchased tickets through them (Priceline) that are non-refundable and its my problem not theirs. Is it me or am I in the wrong, you got to be kidding me Priceline. Believe me the fight is not over, you have picked the wrong family to blow off and STEAL my 7 year old sons money, are you kidding me!!!

• Le
      Mar 15, 2011
    Priceline.com - We were totally burned by Priceline.com
    priceline.com

We have frequently recommended it to friends and family. No more. We complained and had no recourse.

We we charged $208 ABOVE the amount we agreed to and Priceline would give us absolutely no assistance although we called immediately and escalated it.

I cannot express just how dissatisfied and disappointed we are that there is absolutely no recourse for these types of errors from Priceline.

• Cy
      May 16, 2011
    Priceline.com - Great Fun

I am discontinuing a credit card and have been contacting the revolving charges on my card to change them over to a new card. One of the charges, I believed to be a charge for a membership to Rush Limbaugh, turned out to be Priceline.com and something called Great Fun. I have been charged $11.99 since December, 2007 without my permission. I have no idea what my recourse is for this and apparently I am not the only victim, but I am pursuing this.

• Pr
      May 25, 2011
    Priceline.com - They have deceptive business practices
    priceline.com

They are liars. they are MORE expensive than if you call the hotel yourself and they have deceptive business practices.

• Ba
      Jun 09, 2011
    Priceline.com - booking , customer relation
    Virginia

i bought a ticket from priceline.com to Orlando disneyland ticket with my 4 years old daughter on her birthday . when we arrive to airport they told me there's only one ticket . I was angry but i had to buy another ticket for my daughter to not ruin her birthday which cost me $397.40 . Long story to short i would never never use Priceline.com also i would'nt encourage people to use as well . worst website experience ever

• Tb
      Jul 26, 2011
    Priceline.com - Charging me incorrectly
    Priceline.com

Priceline not accepting bids...When they finally do accept the bid it is more than you entered. Unable to get refund for amount charged and was charged more than my bid. Finally got a refund at a fee of $20. Do not use Priceline.com, better deals, without bidding on other websites.

• Br
      Aug 12, 2011
    Priceline.com - Unauthorized CC Charges
    Minnesota

DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!! IF YOU HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST, AND HAVE A CC ON FILE, THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD FOR HOTELS THAT YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE!! THEY CHARGED ME $75 FOR A HOTEL ROOM I DID NOT BOOK!! WHEN I CONTACTED THEM, THEY REPEATED TO ME OVER AND OVER THAT THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS! THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT AND EVERY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL SHOULD BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THEIR BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.

• Li
    Canada

DON'T DO IT - CHEATERS & LIARS
    FIRST THEY BOOK BAD LOCATION
    THEN THEY CHARGE ME 40% MORE
    HOTEL THEY BOOKED ME AT HAS HAD MANY ISSUES WITH UNHAPPY PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THIS SITE'

Aug 22, 2011

Aug 22, 2011

So true!! We had to go to the bank, pay a $25 fee to have the priceline.com charges put on a "stop payment" and then have the debit card cancelled! My husband had to take off of work to take care of this. They have cost us time, money, and energy. Here's our story: http://productdiary.blogspot.com/2011/08/pricelinecom-is-scam.html

• Ts
      Aug 28, 2011
    Priceline.com - Worst ever
    Priceline.Com

Worst system ever takes your money before allowing you to see What hotel you get and Where it is in relation to the event you are attending... You should be able to see what you are getting... Such BS deception. If you try to cancel you will be refused and told NO way to cancel NO way to refund... regardless of the circumstances... NOTHING but a SCAM

Do not use!

• Mi
      Nov 08, 2011
    Priceline.com - Priceline is making a profit... and not honoring their price guarantee
    priceline.com

When I received my receipt from Beachgate it was for $94.92 including taxes. Priceline refused to refund the $27 stating the was their wholesale price for them.

The hotel told me this is their normal rates for winter specials. Priceline is making a profit...and not honoring their price guarantee.

• Ne
      Dec 01, 2011
    Priceline.com - They will waist two days of your item on your vacation spending it in the airports
    priceline.com

If you do not see your flight while booking with priceline, do not book any vacation with them, they will waist two days of your item on your vacation spending it in the airports. I will never use their services again.

• Db
      Dec 06, 2011

Do not book airline flights with this company as they will refuse to work with you for any changes to your flight that may be necessary and neither will the airlines. Their support is nonexistent. They will offe flights that no one else wants and you are stuck with no choices once you have agreed to their terms in the booking process. Be wary!!!

• Po
      Apr 16, 2012
    Priceline.com - Avoid like the plague
    priceline.com

I booked a trip through priceline knowing that they had the priceline guarantee... What a crock that is. I had found my exact trip for like $500 cheaper on THEIR website and they were unwilling to refund the difference. Guarantee... YEAH RIGHT! What a JOKE!

• Da
      Apr 24, 2012
    Priceline.com - I will never book with priceline.com again
    priceline.com

I will never book with priceline.com again. After making a guaranteed car rental reservation and even pre-paying insurance, we arrived at our destination ( in another country) to be told there were no vehicles available. We were forced to walk to another location to obtain a much higher price vehicle.

• Va
      Apr 30, 2012
    Priceline.com - Save yourself money and just call the hotel direct
    priceline.com

Hotel was not as expected! Save yourself money and just call the hotel direct. Why pay priceline for setting up a reservation you can do over the phone or the hotels home website?? Wish I had of researched it more before using priceline!!

• Bo
      May 27, 2012
    Priceline.com - The worst experience ever online booking
    priceline.com

The worst experience ever online booking! stay away from priceline. they offer something they CANNOT deliver and they do have cancelation fees with awful customer service. Never, ever use this site again! Priceline shouldn't be in business.

• Ji
      May 27, 2012
    Priceline.com - Will not work with customer
    priceline.com

Will not work with customer. Family emergency with police reports and all documentation. NO HELP! All agents are located in the Philippines and speak broken English and if you asked for a US rep...no can do! Absolutely horrible customer service. STAY AWAY! Call the hotel directly!

• Tk
      Jun 01, 2012

This just happened to me... make sure your credit card number is not on file. better yet you should have a new one issued they keep your card numbers on file. I also have my credit card company investigating it.

• Ti
      Jun 30, 2012
    Priceline.com - Horrible service
    Orlando
    Florida

Priceline is a nightmare, I couldn't find out what car rental company I got through them, could not get through to them. Also got to the hotel and the room I reserved was changed by priceline. THEY SUCK, STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.COM

• Va
      Jul 06, 2012
    Priceline.com - About the worst customer service possible
    priceline.com

I booked two nights at a Charlotte Haytt place. Decided to stay another two nights but pushed the wrong button and booked another Hyatt a mile away. Even though it was the same price as the hotel I was in, they would not change my reservation to let me stay at the hotel I was already in. Of course for $180, 00 they would change my reservation. About the worst customer service possible.

• Dl
      Aug 07, 2012
    Priceline.com - Bottomline, do not use priceline
    priceline.com

DO NOT USE! Absolutely horrible. Had to change our flight information and they just kept bouncing us around on the phone to different people and it took two hours to speak to the supervisor who barely helped. Then they ended up charging us $1800 instead of $400 so we had to then call the bank and spend more time on the phone getting that fixed. Bottom line, do not use priceline.

• Ba
      Sep 20, 2012
    Priceline.com - Customer relation "specialists" don`t give a sh...t about customers
    priceline.com

Yes!! Stay away!! Customer relation "specialists" don`t give a sh...t about customers!! They will bs you till it`s too late for solution..Never again using this site for booking!!

• Ag
      Sep 21, 2012
    Priceline.com - Never book from priceline.com EVER
    priceline.com

Never book from priceline.com EVER! they booked my trip and i had to make a change they told me i was all set and two days before travel i called back and the change wasn't made... and they couldn't make it, no one wanted to call and tell me... its a good thing i called back because i would have showed up tot he airport and not been able to fly to my destination.. for a wedding i was in the next day!!! HORRIBLE!!!

• Ga
      Oct 09, 2012
    Priceline.com - Priceline was uncaring, unsympathetic, rude and unhelpful
    priceline.com

Priceline is a rip-off!!! Nothing in life is ever "unchangeable" but if you run into a situation where you need to make a change priceline will not even work with you. I wasn't asking for a refund, I only wanted to make a change in location because of a last minute problem. Priceline was uncaring, unsympathetic, rude and unhelpful.

• Ki
      Oct 10, 2012
    Priceline.com - My family's safety was not their concern
    priceline.com

Priceline suggested a property that had recent burglery and was not safe. When I asked to change the reservation, they refused to do so and stated that my family's safety was not their concern.

• Si
      Oct 11, 2012
    Priceline.com - I will never book through them again
    priceline.com

I inadvertently chose the wrong airport to land in and they would not correct it even though it happened only minutes after the purchase. I will never book through them again. The problem with these companies is they just don't get customer service. Restaurants for the most part do.