PRICE SAVERS / Unauthorised debit

United States Review updated:
Price Savers
I purchased acci berry and was only charged for freight, which was ok and i approved it, however i just found that a amount of $ 12.35 Australian has been debit from my account with been authorised. It rerads as follows from my bank statement. VISA - PRICE SAVERS [protected] US FRGN AMT 8.510000#1676135 The ref # is [protected] I would like this money reimburst please and i wish for this company to stop debiting my account.

My name is Teresa
My email address is tereza12@hotmail.com
My mobil # is [protected]
Please reply.

A  7th of Feb, 2009 by
Please don't fall for the Acai Berry scam; it's a complete rip off.

I signed up for the "14 Day Free Trial" as well and agreed to pay only £2.60 for shipping costs when I gave my card details.

When I finally received it a month later, there was a small piece of paper inside with small print saying that if I didn't cancel within 14 days, my account would be debited $90 dollars each month. The very next day, they had already taken the money and despite my cancelation they continue to steal from my account every month.

The payments come through on my statements each month as PRICE SAVERS 866-2190082 US and the bank says there is nothing they can do to stop them because I would have entered into an agreement with them by giving them my card details.

I have called the number on my statement numerous times to request the payments to stop, but they keep telling me it's got nothing to do with them and that it would be one of their 'partners' that is taking the money. Apparently, by agreeing to pay £2.60 for shipping they are able to give your card details to other companies so that they can steal from your account every month and they cannot tell you who the company is that is taking the money, so you can't stop them.

It is insane, if you cancel your card, Visa will again give them your details, so the only solution is to close your bank account and take your money elsewhere.

Please if anyone has had the same problem and was able to stop the thieves from taking money from your account, please let us know how to do it by posting your reply on this board?
N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I have just found a charge on my bank account for the same situation. I used my check card to purchase the first time and just now canceled my card. My bank assures me that my information will not shared to these types of companies so no further charges will occur. I am completely furious that these thieves are able to get away with this. I called and canceled the product right away, in fact I had to call 2 numbers in India to cancel. My unauthorized charge was returned after the bank called. Now I have a charge for $8.41. I believe this is truly a case for the police. I am going to file a claim and I suggest anyone else having their money stolen should do the same.