Price Savers - Acai Berry / Unauthorised charge

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I ordered a sample of Acai Berry on line and have been charged 8.51 to my account for 4 months. My bank has now sent a cancellation notice. I want these monies to be refunded to my account with immediate effect. The contact number supplied is dead.

Comments

9th of Jan, 2009

They are doing the same thing to me any suggestions on how to get in contact with them to cancel it

• Er
      9th of Jan, 2009

i also have a charge of 8.51...does any one have a phone number to contact them...

9th of Jan, 2009

I have a USA number of 1-866-219-0082. However, so far I have just been kept on hold listening to jazz music.

9th of Jan, 2009

I just got through with the number above. They automatically sign you up for a magazine and the Acai Berry every month. You must call the number above to cancel. The Magazine is called Price Limbo. All of this is in the fine print when you receive your sample. I was told mine has now been cancelled. My $8.51 is not refundable but I should no longer see any charges. I hope this is the case.
    Good luck with your cancellation.

• Xr
      9th of Jan, 2009

I was not only getting that charge for the last three months, but also a charge from fit-fac.com for 29.95 for the last three months. This was also connected with the free sample of the acai berry pills. You might want to check your account for these charges as well. I actually got them to refund one of the payments out of the three. The number I got for fit-fac is 1-866-407-1022. I am in the U.S. So you may not have gotten this charge, but I just wanted to put it out there.

• Be
      12th of Jan, 2009

I also order a trial supply and was charge $4.99 and the next day was also charged $78.81 and never received the trial order bottle. I called them today and 2 of the representatives hung up on me when I insisted of my complete refund. I continued and continued to call until I got someone on the phone. I first ask the guy his name. He was reluctant to give it to me and I told him; "if you hang up on me, I will have this call traced from my phone company and see what extention it went to and that would be you; and when I would end up calling the plant who sells to your company and give him a clue who he needs to ask questions to! He immediately just told me to hold on and he was going to see if he could credit back my money back on my account. He came back to the phone and said he had credited back the amount and sent me an email to confirm it. I did receive the confirmation email with the amount. The Bank said
    they would know either later on today or early morning if the money came thru. I at least had a confirmation that they owe me the money that they charged me. His name was not on it, only had a regular reply email address.
    But, we cannot sit back and let these companies do this to us. This is the 2nd only time this has happened to me and I am usually very careful what I do on the internet. So, this spam was a VERY GOOD ONE for them!!! WATCH OUT FOR IT PEOPLE !!!

DO NOT SUBMIT TO THESE EMAILS LIKE THIS ONE!
    It is not safe anymore to submit on the internet hardly, so I am very causious and careful now and I hope you allllllll will be also!!

Good Luck!
    Sallysal

• Ke
      13th of Jan, 2009

They also got me, Sallysal, and I'm careful, like you. I did read the fine print before I bought and called right away to cancel. I got the Fit Factory charge. Called them and told them I did not see anywhere in the fine print that they would sign me up for Fit Factory. They refunded my money after I raised my voice, which I hate to do. But then I got this crazy $8.51 charge you have all gotten. After reading this website, I decided to forego calling and being put on hold. Luckily, I paid with a credit card and called them. They refunded the charge and will now fight with the Pricesavers company on my behalf. I guess we'll see what next month brings.

My thought is that they know they are doing something shady when they refunded my money so quickly for Fit Factory.

• Si
      13th of Jan, 2009

call your bank right away.. i read your posts and tried the # and heard jazz as well. called the bank and the called in as 3rd party and they kept us on hold like what i have read on this page. fit factory is the only one still awnsering the calls, and the rep. that i got didn't even know the product he was selling??? he had no clue. my bank checked the other charges and the #'s posted about this complaint didn't exsit anymore. so please call your bank. i did this this afternoon and have already gotten a refund of over $200.00.

• Si

thanks for posting these #'s

• Cl
      16th of Jan, 2009

siobhan, how did you get your money back. I was told from Membership.com, PriceLimbo.com, Pricesavers.com, and web access, that they will not refund my credit card. I had visa do the calling aswell and they told them they have a no refund policy, and no matter what I said they didn't refund my card. I am currently listening to "jazz" as I wait on hold with price savers...

Help!

• Ro
      16th of Jan, 2009

I have also been scammed. The credit card company said they are seeing this a lot.
    I have two charges of $8.51 from Price Savers
    and Pricelimbo.com, I also have two charges of $89.31 from Devine Beauty Labs and IP-MYBODYPHYSIQUE for the order of Acai Berry and Total Cleanse. Total Cleanse has cancelled my order finally. However I cancelled everything except the trial size back in November 2008. I read the fine print and wanted no charges to my credit card for any products. Total Cleanse told me their Acai Berry product they are sending me is different then what I am getting. This all was on the same order date. I have called the four different numbers on my credit card but they all have the same recording. The two people I spoke two were from another country and one of them hung up on me and the other said she cancelled my order but that was in November. So that was not the case.
    Do your research people before you order anything on the internet. Slimey people are waiting to scam you.

• La
      21st of Jan, 2009

I had the same problem of being charged $8.51 but actually got through to someone who spoke very very poor english. The phone number for Price Savers is 1-866-219-0082 in the USA. Also another one I have been having problems with shows up as Membersip and their number is 1-800-989-5907. Hope this helps someone out!

• Tf
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I think this is the same company that scammed a lot of other peopl, "The Colon Clense Racket", I never subscribed to anything about this product. This company is probably useing the CC# from the other. I'm changing my account with Visa. I know I won't get my money back these people are just white collar thieves. Some one needs to go to jail.

• Tf
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I never subscribed to anything dealing with this company, they got my CC# from the Colon Cleanse people or they just changed their name of the company because they are using the same tactics. I didn't get my money back from the Colon Clense people and won't from these people either, these people are just thieves and scammers. Never subscribe to a free trial of anything unless they send it free and you don't have to give them your CC#. These people need to be caught and Someone needs to go to jail.

• Co
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am dealing with the same thing. Am on hold listening to Jazz music now. Tried the so called FREE trial. The guy was nice - it is a big scam though. I got charged immediately for ACAI BERRY although it was supposed to be a TRIAL first. Then I cancelled immediately. Then they still charged me. Then I called again and cancelled again. Then I thought it was done and over and I got charged this $8.51 which says Price Savers # 1-866-219-0082 on my bank account. I just called them, he gave me a bunch of confirmation #'s. Said he would refund me. He also said that Pricesavers and Pricelimbo are the same and had no explanation for these charges. I told him he worked for a dishonest employer and that he was probably aware of this by now.

What can we do together to stop these dishonest people? THANKS AND GOD BLESS

• Ha
      28th of Jan, 2009

I had the same experience. Multiple charges for something that was supposed to be a free trial. With effort, I was able to cancel it. (Price Saver Phone: 866-219-0082).

• Jm

try calling 1-866-219-0082 I got through but was on hold forever

• Fr
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I also ordered the free ACAI Berry sample and was charged $3.95 for shipping from MyEZTrim (877-859-1109 UT). I paid the shipping charge in November. In addition to this charge, however, my credit card was assessed $89.31 from SearchVitamins (877-859-1109 UT) and $29.95 from FitFactory (800-660-8489 NV) that same month. I contacted the numbers for SearchVitamins and FitFactory and was able to get a full refund of $89.31 and $29.95 by the time my December credit card bill arrived. In December I was charged $8.51 from Price Limbo (877-350-8480 UT) and charges of $8.51 from Price Savers (866-219-0082 UT) in both January and February. I have been trying without success to reach someone in Utah about the three separate $8.51 charges. Just today I managed to actually speak with someone (after dialing 866-219-0082). When my call was answered, a menu of options was recited. I hit the "0" and was able to speak to a customer service agent who told me he would refund my money. It is too early to tell if that will actually happen but I'm hopeful. I told the customer service agent, how horrified I was that they are operating such a dishonest operation. He refuted me and told me his business was legitimate. When I told him I never asked to sign up with Price Limbo or Price Savers, he simply kept repeating that I had a right to my opinion. I demanded that all monthly charges stop and that I receive a full refund for the three $8.51 charges. I also told him I'd take this cause to the next level if the charges didn't stop - though I'm not sure what the next level even is. Please don't accept these unethical charges - be persistent. Good luck!

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Had several charges at the end of last year from this group of companies. I did get most money refunded but not all. I received some products and returned them. Waiting to seethe refund. I thought everything was fine until today. Saw a pending debit of $8.51 on my bank account. Called the 866-219-0082 number and got through immediately. (5:30 CST) I did not even get to say cancel. It was assumed. I was put on hold and when the CSR came back she informed me it was canceled. Now I expect the pending debit to disappear. Watch for future charges from this group of companies. I think your info spreads like a virus in their databases.

• Tr
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I am also another victim. I signed up for the acai berry trial offer, but I soon cancelled after I realized they had charged be long before I had even received the bottle of pills. They told me my trial offer had ended, I was like how can that be possible when I did not even recieved it. My trial bottle came like 2 weeks after I had ordered it. although they said I would get it in 3-5 days. Then they slapped me with a $89.99 charge that they refused to refund. Now if that wasnt good enough, I am now being bombarded with these $8.51 charges from these three different Price-Whatever their name is companies and also a charge of $29.95 from some fit fac company. I have had enough, these people are a rip off. Beware people please be careful with that Acai Berry free trial offer, now that I am thinking about, it really sounded to good to be true. Anyway I am just thankful of all the information and contact info that I was able to get off of this website.