Price Savers - Acai Berry / Unauthorized charges

United States, South Carolina, Beaufort Review updated:
Price Savers
I ordered a sample of a Acai Berry supplement on-line and have been charged $8.51 on my card for three months now. I have tried to contact the company at [protected], but always get a recording that they are closed and to call back during business hours, however, they don't state what those hours are. Has anyone had any luck in reaching them and getting charges stopped?

A  4th of Feb, 2009 by
I also ordered Acai Berry online, last November, a trial offer for which I was charged S&P of $3.95. I then spent considerable time & money ringing various US numbers (877-350-8480, 877-615-4233, 801-208-7485) from the UK, and finally got through in order to cancel future shipments. I foolishly believed that, since I'd been given an official cancellation number, this would be the end of the matter but my credit card account has been debited by $8.51 every month since ('PriceLimbo 877-350-8480 UT' in December, then 'Price Savers 866-219-0082 UT' in January). My credit card company MBNA says it can't do anything to stop future transactions unless I can produce written evidence of cancellation, so I suppose I'm back to trying to contact one of these US numbers - unless anyone has a better suggestion?
A  4th of Feb, 2009 by
Anon, I just called 866-219-0082, and I was able to get through to them and cancel. I would sugest you keep trying that number. They are on Mountain Standard Time. I just dialed it again, and they are OPEN!! So call as soon as you can!!
A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
I have had the same problem. I have had 4 different charges hit my credit card one for 85.91, 29.95, 2.95, and 8.51. The numbers I called are as follows: for the 8.51 charge I called 866-219-0082 and they are suppose to be refunding the charge to my credit card ----- for the other three charges I called 800-983-7968 they as well are suppose to be refunding the charges to my credit card ----- good luck
N  12th of Feb, 2009 by
I have just picked up the fact I have also been chaged USD8.51 for the last two months after cancelling further supplies of Acai Berry online following cancellation of my subscription for regular supplies.

Is is a fact - we should probably allow them a seven hour difference, which is what I did when cancelling the original subscription.

This was a very misleading advertisement. for a "two week free trial" they sent out 15 tablets. Recommended doseage was two tablets per day (i.e. 28 tablets for two weeks), stating that up to 5 tablets per day may be required - equivalent to a three day trial.

A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Acai berry advertisements are a total scam. The claims that Acai berry products work is completely false and loads of potential customers have had unauthorised moneys taken from their credit cards.
N  12th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree with all statements, same thing happened to me...I am cancelling my bank card and disputing all charges. This company is a scam and I was given a new number to call by the 866-219-0082. The number to call is 877-350-8480 which also states they are closed. Good thing though I am recovering some of the costs from my bank. Good luck to everyone on getting your refunds and ANYONE ELSE WANTING TO TRY THIS PRODUCT...DON'T DO IT!
N  26th of Jul, 2009 by
I finally took time to look up what the 8.51 charge is. Come to find out it is the Acai Berry company. I cancelled the berry trial sample in fall of 08 and they started charging me again in April.
What is with this company?>
Isn't it illegal to stipend money from people's credit cards without their permission.
Legal action needs to be sought out after this ridiculous company that hides behind "busy..busy" numbers.