Price Limbo / Acai Berry 500 / Price Limbo / Acai Berry 500

1 New Zealand Review updated:

I ordered the free trial of Acai Berry 500 for USD5.84 for the shipping. This was a very big mistake!!! I was stupid enough to give my credit card for this shipping and handling amount that was debited from my credit card. However it was not till 2 days later that I decided to re look at the website that I purchased this "free" trial thru and read the terms and conditions that were on a separate page...this is what got me. See below the terms and conditions:

CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

I understand that by ordering Acai Berry Power 500, I am agreeing to receive Acai Berry Power 500. for a 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. Three dollars and ninety five cents (non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] within this 14-day period, beginning on the 15th day my credit card will automatically be charged eighty nine dollars and thirty one cents(Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of Acai Berry Power 500 to be shipped at that time to my door. Thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will automatically be charged an additional eighty nine dollars and thirty one cents every 31 days for a new supply of Acai Berry Power 500.
I would also like to take advantage of the the 21 day bonus trial to Bonus#1(PriceLimbo) for eight dollars & fifty one cents a month thereafter, should I choose not to call and cancel Bonus#1(PriceLimbo). I also agree to the (7) day bonus trial to Bonus#2(FitFactory) for twenty-nine dollars and ninety five cents each month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. For questions or to cancel, please call our Customer Support team at [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 5pm MST.I understand that this consumer transaction involves a negative option and that I may be liable for payment of future goods and services, under the terms of this agreement, if I fail to notify the supplier not to supply the goods or services described.

Extreme Acaiberry
4650 SW 51st Street
Suite 711
Davie, FL 33314

These terms and conditions did not pop up when I was making the credit card payment, this is very misleading. As you can see that by ordering the stupid free trial of Acai Berry 500 and paying for the shipping I was apparently agreeing for more than what I asked for.

To rectify this situation I phoned USA every day last week and got thru to the customer services people at Acai Berry 500 and told them to cancel my account. The phone number that I called was [protected] but I was on hold for about 30 mins but eventually I got thru. At the same time I asked the operator to cancel the Price Limbo as well...but this proved to be a bit more complicated. Apparently they canceled Price Limbo over the phone and said that they had sent me a de-activation email which to this day I have not see yet. I got an email address for Price Limbo which is cservice@pricelimbo.com and have sent them a very angry email...have had to send thru 4 times as I still have not seen a reply. I have not yet been charged for any further charges other than USD5.84 but I will keep an eye on my credit card account and will definitely cancel my card and dispute any charges with my bank if they try to take any more money from me.

My suggestion to any one out there is to be very careful and to read the terms and conditions on the website BEFORE you go ahead and order anything because although it may be very cheap at first...it will end up costing you loads more that you asked for. What is even worse is that I am in New Zealand and found it very difficult to communicate with these American Operators as I ended having to speak very slowly...also I do not have much control over this as USA is on the other side of the world. I will never ever do this again!!!

On
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Al
      20th of Nov, 2008

hi, whoever posted the previous email and left the acai berry contact number, how did you dial it? I have tried many times to use this contact number and many others however I just get a dead line...please help!!!

• Ro
      20th of Nov, 2008

Thank you for doing the research on this potential land mine of an offer. Buyer beware!!
    I phoned the toll free number given (866-407-1022) and canceled the fit factory program. The number to cancel the Acai Berry Power 500 is 877-350-8480. Both numbers work. I got through with less than a 10' wait.
    It is scary that you have to go through these hoops to accomplish anything. I feel their product would come across as more legitimate if this wasn't the case. By the way, I canceled because my credit card was charged for S/H the day I ordered but after 18 days I still haven't received any product (I live in Canada) even though it stated on the web site 3-5 day delivery. Their explanation was that they were having carrier problems.
    We consumers must stick together!

• Ka
      25th of Nov, 2008

I agree totally no warning on website of further payments and cannot contact any of those numbers in the UK.
    Can I therefore go to my bank and cancel any further payments from my card?

• Be
      29th of Nov, 2008

What a full blown out scam this purchasing acai berry is/was..
    And then to keep getting charged for price limbo..I could just scream

• De
      12th of Feb, 2009

Class Action Law Suit! Thats what we all need. If you want the charges to stop, cancel your credit card and have them reissue you a new number. You can also dispute those charges, you didn't ask for them and you shouldn't have to pay them. This will be the ONLY way to true make sure it doesn't happen again. I am sick to dealth of consitatly looking at my bill to see if another UNAUTHORIZED charge is there. Last I heard that was Credit Card Fraud.
    I am about as mad as I can get and reallt want to make these people pay, if anyone else out there is interested in a class action feel free to contact me @ DentalSlave@ol.com.