Price Chopper / harassment

Normally, I would look the other way but at this time, I feel the need to inform consumers and potential employees that Price Chopper, a corporation in several states has a policy forbidding families to work in the same location or to hire within families of employees, but has broken its policy on 2 separate occasion and has shown preferential treatment to "long term employees" against company policy. Two managers exercised preferential treatment on two separate occasions.

I moved to the store area from New Jersey in 2007. I married my fiance after a year and together we've bee n through job loss and re hires since.. I was applying to many locations of st. albans and visited the Vermont Labor Department to see what jobs were listed and registered. I then took several temp positions doing sales, computer data entry. Ap/Ar and have applied at many business in VT within 40 miles. I did this and so far have not gotten any response from Price Chopper since applying in November 2007, I also applied at Hannafords and was told they were on a hiring freeze when dropping off my application and resume. Price chopper was an online application, and to which a non response was evident, I since reapplied and was told by the store manager a few months later that informed me I must reapply. which I did. I know why, the reason my application was overlooked, It was because someone else reviewing my application knows my husbands ex wife, who has worked in the store for years. she is a front end assistant/manager now, but she has a very jealous and spiteful manner. She has two daughters working there presently against company policy. I know this because Shelly Florence, an Associate Representative with there corporate office informed me this is never the case. After Telling her my observation she tried to accuse me of being dishonest, which is not the case. I told her that my original question on company policy is because I knew someone who's family member was fired because of this. She said again that I was not being upfront with her. Upfront? come on, I was asking a general question of hiring policy of family members. After me discovering this was not allowed and they had a company policy, I was also curious as to why they would hire my two step daughters and not myself. One is a New hire this month and from what I know, they weren't advertising yet. Now there are two people also that were fired because of discrimination. One was the boyfriend of my step daughter who after having a dispute with her own mother over her boyfriend, moved in with us. It very convenient for the kids to use each parent against one and other. Furthermore, I would like to point out that he was fired within weeks of this situation. I also know a woman I worked with at another temp position who informed me that her brother in law was related to the store manager Richard Ravalin, and was there working 4 yrs and was fired because he was violating corporate policy. No other reason was given so he said to this person. Second hand information? or truth? Here I witnessed the favoritism and E. O. E act being violated if they will hire a 15 yr old never having a cashier position, and not hire someone like me who has years.. of experience in data, and computer, and customer service, then I think there is some discrimination. If they now have a new manager, he is also breaking company policy. Shelly Florence, corporate representative for associates said they might make some allowances. ALLOWANCES for 3 immediate family members? who are they kidding? I must say they are setting unethical trends for our future children and making allowances means favoritism Don't you think? If you have any other knowledge please contact the Papers.. and Don't keep it to yourself. This corporate practice in american is not legal. E. O. E. means... E. O. E. "Equal Opportunity Employers". I do not see EQUALITY here at all. I see only favoritism, and discrimination.

Na

Comments

• Te
      9th of May, 2009

Normally, I would look the other way but at this time, I feel the need to inform consumers and potential employess that Price Chopper, a corporation in several states has a policy forbidding families to work in the same location or to hire within familkies of employees, but has broken its policy on 2 separate occasion and has shown preferential treatment to "long term employees" against company policy.Two managers exercised preferential treatment on two separate occasions.

I moved to the store area from New Jersey in 2007. I married my fiance after a year and together we've bee n through job loss and re hires since.. I was applying to many locations of st. albans and visited the Vermont Labor Department to see what jobs were listed and registered. I then took several temp positions doing sales, computer data entry. Ap/Ar and have applied at many business in VT within 40 miles. I did this and so far have not gotten any response from Price Chopper since applying in November 2007, I also applied at Hannafords and was told they were on a hiring freeze when dropping off my application and resume. Price chopper was an online application, and to which a non response was evident, I since reapplied and was told by the store manager a few months later that informed me I must reapply. which I did. I know why, the reason my application was overlooked, It was because someone else reviewing my application knows my husbands ex wife, who has worked in the store for years. she is a front end assistant/manager now, but she has a very jealous and spiteful manner.She has two daughters working there presently against company policy. I know this because Shelly Florence, an Associate Representative with there corporate office informed me this is never the case. After Telling her my observation she tried to accuse me of being dishonest, which is not the case. I told her that my original question on company policy is because I knew someone who's family member was fired because of this. She said again that I was not being upfront with her. Upfront? come on, I was asking a general question of hiring policy of family members. After me discovering this was not allowed and they had a company policy, I was also curious as to why they would hire my two step daughters and not myself. One is a New hire this month and from what I know, they weren't advertising yet. Now there are two people also that were fired because of discrimination. One was the boyfriend of my step daughter who after having a dispute with her own mother over her boyfriend, moved in with us. It very convenient for the kids to use each parent against one and other. Furthermore, I would like to point out that he was fired within weeks of this situation. I also know a woman I worked with at another temp position who informed me that her brother in law was related to the store manager Richard Ravalin, and was there working 4 yrs and was fired because he was violating corporate policy. No other reason was given so he said to this person. Second hand information? or truth? Here I witnessed the favoritism and E.O.E act being violated if they will hire a 15 yr old never having a cashier position, and not hire someone like me who has years.. of experience in data, and computer, and customer service, then I think there is some discrimination. If they now have a new manager, he is also breaking company policy. Shelly Florence, corporate representative for associates said they might make some allowances. ALLOWANCES for 3 immediate family members? who are they kidding? I must say they are setting unethical trends for our future children and making allowances means favoritism Don't you think? If you have any other knowledge please contact the Papers.. and Don't keep it to yourself. This corporate practice in american is not legal. E.O.E. means... E.O.E. "Equal Opportunity Employers" . I do not see EQUALITY here at all. I see only favoritism, and discrimination.

• Mo
      4th of Aug, 2010

You can add 1 more immediate family member who works with " Mommy". This is the 4th member of one family, and I would wonder who she is screwing for this to be the case? Anyone? I await.. other views but the truth is usually the first solution of any problem.

• Ny
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Price Chopper - Ham salad pricing
    Cicero NY

I usually buy your ham salad 7oz for 2.99. Today I was told they only had 8ozfor 5.99. Are you serious?? Why $3.00 more, why.

• Se
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Price Chopper (West Lebanon #167) - price chopper thanksgiving dinners 2016
    West Lebanon
    New Hampshire
    pricechopper.com

Ordered a Thanksgiving dinner. Went to pick it up the day before Thanksgiving, they didn't have our order. Instead they gave us a cooked turkey breast (not whole) w/gravy, potatoes, rolls, dressing, cranberry sauce & a pumpkin pie in a box for free. The dept manager never called us as promised. Very disappointed. Will not order a dinner again.

• Rc
      19th of Nov, 2018
    pricechopper - weekly ads
    Putnam
    Connecticut

I would like to STOP the weekly ads from coming to my house. 1030 Jackson schoolhouse rd. Pascoag, R.I. ASAP. thank you.