Preston Motor / Awful company

1 Corner Of Rt.318 & 331 P.O. Box 399Preston, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-673-7171

I was at Preston Motors of Preston, MD today and I received the worst service I had ever imagined. I went to look at a ford mustang convertible. The sticker price was $28800 (around there) and I have a Chrysler sebring to trade in that I still am upside down on the loan by $4000. I was told NUMEROUS times that my payment including EVERYTHING (I asked the salesman, David Willin, at least 5 times if everything was included with no down payment and 72 month loan because I didn't believe the number he came up with) would be $368.53 and would not exceed $400 with the interest. I knew I had a good credit score so I didn't question.

Well the salesman had me fill out tons of papers and I continued to ask him if the price was correct and he assured me it was, and again, would not exceed my max amount of $400 a month, and we were just waiting for the finance manager to finish up. When I finally got to the finance office, I was asking questions and come to find out the payment was $660 a month! That is absolutely ridiculous and was very unnecessary! I'm 23 years old and I'm not stupid nor should I be treated like I don't know what I'm doing! I know a lot about finance and I know how it all works. I drove an hour and a half to look at this car and I was there for 4 hours and it was a total waste of my time and gas!!! Even the finance manager acted like she knew nothing about what was going on and then the sales manager was a complete ### to me on the phone pretending like I didn't know he was trying to manipulate me by telling me he'd mark it down to $520 something a month, but it was for 84 months! That's a complete INSULT! I am very disgusted at the way EVERYONE that I talked to at Preston Motors!

Va

Comments

• Da
      27th of Nov, 2008

Well the service must not have been as bad as he says. One month after the situation he calls back to see if we still had the car and what his final deal would be. That evening he came in and made the purchase of his new mustang the same car he originally wanted. He also left with a smile !!!

22nd of Jun, 2015

I had similar issues with Preston motors. I bought Kia Magentis back in March 2008 and the salesman pushed me far extreme to sell the car and convinced me to buy the car for free 3 year extended warranty.
    Now this car has a Air Bag warning issue, I told the problem to Preston Motors Epping service. Immediate reaction from the car service attendant was "5 year warranty finished" no cover. Luckily I got all the paper works with me, I showed the lady about 3 year extended warranty and request to update on their system and fix the issue.
    Then she agrees to look at the issue and charged me $800 for the service where the usual service is about $400. Don't know what the mechanic did to turn of the Air Bag warning sign temporary and it came back again in a week.
    I called again preston motors epping, and took another day off to the service. The same lady who picks up car for service in Preston Motors Epping, repeating again my car is not under warranty. Patiently I showed again all paper works to prove the 3 year extended warranty and mentioned about my previous request to update their system.
    This time the lady took all necessary steps that the problem should not be covered under warranty. She gave me list of charges to fix the problem,
    First Investigation (The investigation supposed to be done during the car service): $130
    Replacement part to fix Air Bag warning issue: $190
    Labor to fix the issue: $270
    This is a basic safety issue and the preston motors extended warranty seems to be a forgery technic to sell the car and not covers the safety issues. It is very disappointing that preston motors service sell the car with false promise and their service rips off their customers.