Prestige Sales / prestige sales are lying theives

1 po box 82430Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: good question

I had a young man come to the door by the name of Scott Lewis (if thats his real name). He told me some story of being on baseball team featured on Good Morning America for rasing money for Childens Miracle Network thru selling books and whoever sells the most books there child gets $1000 towards their dream trip. I asked him some questions and his answers seemed scetchy . When I tried to say no he made me fell bad by saying his mom wont let him come home until he gets enough points. And that he lives down the street from me and goes to the local college. Against my better judgement I gave him a check. Stupid me. I went online and saw that I was not the only one and that this is indeed a scam. I called the police and they found him. They said that I was not the only one that called and that this is not the first time they been around this area. They were taking him in and hopefully stop him from scaming other people. Be careful these kids are lying theives.

Ma

Comments

• Vi
      8th of Dec, 2008

i paied $55.00 for set of books for my grand kids.
    I am still waiting for them.

• Ha
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Prestige Sales - Terrible experience
    Prestige Sales
    prestige-sales.com

I had a young man show up at my door. He called himself 'Trey Taylor' and said he was a neighbor & was selling books to earn money to go to London. He was doing an internship in the Broadcast department. He wants to be a 'sports broadcaster.' He showed me a price list and which part went to his 'trip' and which to the company. I asked him several questions & all his answers seemed legit. He said his father told him in order to earn the money, he should ask each customer if they needed their lawn mowed or car washed, etc. I thought that was a really good idea. So i asked if he could wash my truck. He said he would be back in a couple of days. He never showed up and we never received the books we ordered.

• Ri
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me. The Kid said he was raising money for a school trip to Europe. I had been wanting to renew a Runner's World subscription at the time. He wrote up a two year subscription for $98! I said no way! Then I caved to a one year $49 deal. I think it is good for college kids to study abroad, but I just bought my most expensive magazine ever. It was a hard sell situation, and he was already in my house. He was pretty smoth, but definitely sketchy. My wife set me straight, and I cancelled the check for a $15 bank fee.