Prestige Sales, LLC / scammed book sales

1 38 Crescent AveNiantic, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 860-739-6896

About three months ago, a young man from the "neighborhood" was going door to door selling children's books as part of a fundraising event for his broadcasting school. Part of the proceeds from the book sales were to go towards t class trip to London for a course he would study abroad. He mentioned that if I had no children, the books could be donated to a children's hospital such as St. Jude's. I placed an order for one set of children's encyclodia's for $50 and have yet to receive the books. He said I would receive them "very shortly" after the order was processed. I looked at my receipt and noticed very little contact information on the Prestige Sales LLC company that is supplying these books. After looking them up on line and finding a phone #, I have made several attempts to call them to inquire about my order. The number goes right to a voice recording. I am pretty confident that I have been scammed and am pretty angered by this. I thought I was trying to do a good thing by assisting this student in need-never again.

Tina
Niantic, CT

Ti

Comments

Jo
  1st of Jun, 2009
PRESTIGE SALES, LLC - Misrepresentation
Prestige Sales, LLC
Milton
Delaware

Jesse Gomez came to my home stating that his grandmother "Helen" was my neighbor and authorized his visit to my home. He said that he was a student at the University of North Carolina and was raising money to study abroad in London. He was selling books that would be sent to Kennedys Kreigek Children's Hospital, 707 N Broadway, Baltimore. He indicated that most people were giving $110, but I agreed to $50. I wrote acheck for $50. After he left I became suspicious, I checked the www.prestigesalesusa.com web site and discovered it was a scam. I cancelled payment on my check. These people should be punished!

Jo