Prestige Financial Services / Violating my privacy

I gave several names as “references" and the company uses them as harassment tools and also violates my privacy by calling my references and in detail telling them why they are calling. I have a loan through prestige financial services and my loan was 2 days late. "Maria" has called all my references and in detail tells them she is calling regarding my car loan that is seriously late (2days). She has called in detail to 4 of the references that was given (that I know of). This I feel is violation of the privacy laws that are supposed to be there to protect me.

Va

Comments

• Le
      20th of Feb, 2009

After 12 hours late Prestige called me and harrassed me every 2 hours. At this point I want to give them the car back. They are animals. They said I can't be 5 days late. Is this a law some place?

• Us
      7th of Aug, 2009

I am having the same problem. When I first took out the loan in 2007 my job and $$ was wonderful, during the 1st year I lost my good paying job and was living on a settlement from that job for 13 months. I made 6 payments up front and asked them to be divided over the 6 months they did not, they compiled some kind of bogus lie and it ended up coming out to 3 months, of which I had no idea they were doing that. So the call began, to me, my references, thank God I didn't list my employer! I have not had any peace since 2007. I have been late 8 timessince the life of the loan and now today they are screaming over $19.00...$19.00 can you beleive it. The email I received from a Mr. Kole Montoya said he will call and email, and bother me and family until they get $19.00. What a fool I was choosing them as my finance company. I am again out of work and recovering from cervix cancer, getting food from a local food bank and they want $19.00...no compassion!

• Hu
      10th of Jun, 2011

Please contact the law office of Hughes Ellzey, LLP if you have had your vehicle repossessed without a notice letter. Hughes Ellzey is currently handling such cases. For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.crafthugheslaw.com/Vehicle-Repossession-Lawyer.shtml or call the office directly at 888-350-3931.