Prestige Entertainment / Poor Business

1 CT, United States Review updated:

DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!
I bought my husband Yankee tickets for our 1 year wedding anniversary. I was told that the tickets were to arrive sometime in March. I was given the run around about having to fill out another form and provide identification and, after various email conversations back and forth with Prestige, I thought everything was settled. I received email notification in mid-March that the tickets had shipped; however, I never received them.
After looking into it more, I realized that the notifications I received were that the tickets had shipped to Prestige Entertainment. The next day I called Prestige. I spoke to Heather who told me that they didn't have the tickets even though I received notification that they did. She said they may not come in for a while. Concerned but patient, I gave it a few weeks and then called back. I again spoke with Heather who said they were still not in. By then I had checked the websit for reviews (WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE) and found out how horrible this company was.
I explained that the game was in 2 weeks and I still didn't have my tickets. All the woman kept saying was that they had to wait until the Yankees were back at the home field in order for the tickets to be sent to me...something about homestand to homestand. Anyway, I told her that I would have to travel to get to the game and I wasn't going to wait until the last minute for these tickets to arrive...this was my 1 year anniversary and my gift was going to fall through. I asked for a refund and she said all sales are final. I asked to speak to her manager.
I was transferred and then Nick answered. He barely let me get a word in and tried to get me off the phone as soon as possible saying that he would get in touch with the broker and then call me back that afternoon. He never called me back and so I called him, again explaining that I NEEDED the tickets. He said he would work on getting them in over the weekend and try to email them to me. The weekend passed and I never heard word or email about it. I called on Monday and was given the run around that Nick was on another call...probably dealing with another problem his company created. I finally got in touch with him and he said the tickets arrived and he would FedEx them to me overnight. I asked him to send me the confirmation number to my email address but he never did.
Five days before the game, I did receive my tickets. We had a great time but the worry and stress that I had to go through to get them was NOT WORTH IT. This company doesn't even deserve 1 star. I have never seen such awful customer service as well such awful business. Please don't make the same mistake I did...go through a reputable site and save yourself the heartache. I promise that if you do business with this company, you will regret it!

Comments

19th of May, 2012

My 18 year daughter purchased tickets through PRESTIGE ENTERTAINMENT VIA SECURE BOX OFFICE.COM for Beauty and The Beast at The Academy of Music. She ordered section and seats that were unobstructed views before Christmas and received them March. Tickets are obstructed view and the worst seats in the Theater! She paid $350 for two ticktets!! (she is naive and didn't know!) We talked to Prestige and Secure Box Office and they basically down right Lied and gave us the run around! I called The Academy of Music and they informed me that both these company's are Scalper's and they could not help us.

• Sh
      20th of Jul, 2012

Yea I had a similar issue with Dave Matthews Band Concert tickets. Unfortunately, I got the tickets, but I was an hour late to the concert because they mailed it to the incorrect address and I sat in a Fed Ex parking lot for 2 hours waiting for the tickets to get to the concert LATE. This company is terrible with customer service and apparently has no idea how to update current mailing addresses. Which, if you have a business of buying tickets and making sure the recipient gets them, then follow through. You can't have that type of business with that type of outcome. This company is a joke, and doesn't deserve ANY business. I would not recommend them to ANYONE. They ruined EVERYTHING I had planned. If you want tickets, just go to ticket master. This place is run by people that don't want to work.

• Mi
      15th of Oct, 2012

I ordered tickets from Prestige. I never will again. They do inform you that there is a service charge, but not how much it is. I ordered my tickets thinking they would be fabulous seats based on location and hefty price, but when I received them I was in shock. The face value on the ticket was $99.00. I ordered two tickets and my final bill was almost $400.00! BEWARE...

• Ti
      15th of Oct, 2012

I ordered tickets for Streisand in Brooklyn. I paid 3 times the face value of the ticket!!! Total rip off. In the fine print of the ticket is states that it is illegal to sell for more than 45% of the value of the ticket. This company sucks! When I got the tickets in the mail they had someone else's name on them??? Total crap. Don't ever buy anything from this company. They make far too much money off of unsuspecting fans.