Prestige Camera / Why Prestige Camera Hates You

NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718 257 5888
I ordered a GPS on a Thur. it came with free ground shipping (0ne week) but I needed it sooner and paid for overnight delivery which would have it arrive on Monday. It never arrived so I called to find out what happened.

Monday- "It was shipped you'll receive it soon"

Tuesday- "It was shipped you'll receive it soon"

Wednesday- "It was shipped you'll receive it soon"

Thursday- "Our vendor made a mistake it wasn't shipped until Wednesday, but you will receive it today here is your tracking number."

So I call UPS "no this was shipped 'ground' you won't get it for at least another week"

I call Prestige they say "It will arrive today I confirmed this with the tracking #" I tell them what UPS told me "oh that's right it WAS sent ground"

After dozens of calls, Brian a supervisor tells me they have no more left and cannot simply overnight another one from the warehouse ( I had asked this happen starting on Tue, it is now Thur) After it is clear that I am going to make a lot of trouble for him and the company, Brian says that he will take another customers order and send that to me first overnight by
FedEx.

We shall see

If I receive a tracking # today...great

If I don't...There will be hell to pay

If you are having trouble getting through, try using the phone number above. This may be the storefront or cell center reception desk, but they at least answer that line.

Below are the names that this company does business under.

Business Contact Information

315 E 89TH St.
Brooklyn
New York
prestigecamera.com

Ordered a radio online from these guys since they had a good price and were one of the "feature merchants". I usually check this site before purchasing but for some reason I didn't before making this online purchase. In hindsight, maybe their deal was too good to be true.

Anyway, I placed the order and the next day I received an email from them with the following: "We are required to speak to you in order to verify your billing information. You may also be eligible for discounts on additional accessories and packages which are available with your product..." I called and left a vmail with no call back. I called the next day and hit zero and was put on hold for a long time and passed around until someone took my call. Now it was time for the "bait and switch". They wanted to sell me the same thing I was buying for $361 more saying that I bought the wrong version for the US. I called the manufacturer and there is no such thing as different versions as they were telling me - a complete lie to try and get more money out of me. I told them to cancel the order as I didn't want to do business with this idiots and he told me fine and hung up on me. I called right back and after the same thing of holding and being passed on, I finally got the same guy on the phone. I wanted to get a confirmation number from him about the cancellation. He would not, said that I would get an email in the next 24 hours. 2 days later still on email. I have started the process of reversing the charges with my credit card company in the hopes to recover...

Hopefully, this will save someone else out there from making this mistake...do not buy from these guys - it's a fraud!!!
Sh
  5th of Nov, 2008
Thanks a lot for your post man, this has just saved me from getting into this trap of these fraudlent guys. I was just wondering why they have been posting so low cost for the products, here i got the answer. But can't we do anything against them as in filing a complaint with some government authorities or something because these guys must be stopped from the deeds they are doing.
Ga
  10th of Nov, 2008
Thanks very much. You saved me from these guys!!
Ca
  13th of Nov, 2008

Prestige Camera - Tried To Increase Price after purchase was made
WCTG
San Diego
California
Phone: 619-228-1523
prestigecamera.com

Purchased a LCD television for the posted price, and this person called next morning trying to up sell the product, by adding a special type of shipping insurance.

I refused to purchase the product, but he already had my credit card charged, For $ 2, 899.00, after a long conversation with him, trying to cancel the order he finally agreed to cancel, I have not seen a credit back yet, today I'm contacting my bank.

I only have one thing to say be cautious with this company.
Ge
  2nd of Apr, 2009
Theifs and worst customer service ever. They sold me a 'longer life battery' than supposedly came with my Canon camcorder. This extra battery is actually half the life span as the one that came with the camcorder they said they normally sold the battery for $80 but they were having a sale on it that day for only $40, what a bold-face, rip off, lie!!...and I could have bought the same battery for $8 bucks anywhere else online!...
This whole experience has taught me one thing, research the site you are buying from first before you buy anything from them!!
Andrew