Prestige Camera LLC / Rip-off!

1 337 East 89th St., Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

On Aug.28, after researching the best prices on a SONY T-200 camera, I placed a internet order with Prestige Camera. Later that day I received an e-mail message asking to verify my billing information & indicating I "may also be eligible for discounts on additional accessories and packages which are available with your product." I called the number and spoke with Curtis. He suggested that I should purchase a longer life battery, an external charger and increased memory. I agreed that I should have these items. He then went on to mention extended warranty and other "extras". I said I did not need them, but he continue to "harass me", "bait & switch", etc. until I finally agreed to his "deal". ($599.00) I asked to have a detailed accounting before he shipped, but he shipped anyway. (I still have not received a detailed invoice (Only an invoice indicating a Camera Kit at a unit price of $549.99 + $50.00 Handling and Insurance (No insurance is indicated on the parcel). Their e-mail advertisement indicated a price of $194.00 (including shipping) for the camera. No indication of prices on the accessories. What I received was 1)Camera (s/b $194.00), 2)Upgraded battery (s/b $49.99 by SONY's catalog), 3)external charger (upgrade) (s/b $39.99 by catalog) and 4)1G of memory (s/b 39.99 by catalog), a total of $338.97. I have been "ripped off". I have spoken with Curtis.

Va

Comments

• Ck
      17th of Oct, 2008

I agree they are a bunch of con artists at Prestige Camera.

I ordered a Samsung DLP TV on 10/16, the 61" LED model. I egt an e-mail the next morning telling me to call them at ext. 238 to confirm the order.

When I call the service rep confirm my order and then asks if I want the "bulb" to come with the TV. I ask him what he's talking about, to which he then says the DLP tv don't come with bolbs from Samsung.

Now, even though I know this is an outright lie I then explain to him that this model is the 750 series using LEDs and that it doesn't require a bulb. Be then says that it does and that the 750 is an "upgrade" model offered by Samsung. He then insists again I need a bulb for $300 on a brand new television.

These guys are con artists who make their money providing lowball prices and then scamming unsavvy consumers into spend needlessly.

AVOID PRETIGE CAMERA!