Press Enterprise Newspaper / Home Delivery

1 Riverside, United States Review updated:

This is the worst service I can imagine. They offered a subscription at a fixed price for a one year service. Then they sent out notices that they could not afford to honor their end of the subscription. Next they sent a bill asking for more money to keep the service going. Then after accepting the money, they canceled the service because too many people expected them to honor their original agreement. A SUBSCRIPTION IS A CONTRACT they stopped the paper today and expect us to look for something else, when they feel the economy gets better they will offer us a chance to resume delivery. They should be sued

Comments

• Ad
      4th of Jun, 2012

I can't get them to stop throwing their trash in my driveway every week. I have never subscribed, and neither have my neighbors. I have called repeatedly, left voice mails, threatened legal action, etc., but they continue to throw trash in my driveway. Every week.

It appears only a expensive lawsuit is going to stop this nonsense. See you in court guys!

12th of Oct, 2014

For some unknown reason our block received only a few of the Sunday supplements no front page no sport section no funnies just the adds. Yet the next block over all those home had the full bundle in their drive way.
    I can't even think of a reason why any reasonable employee of the newspaper would think its ok just to deliver the advertising and not the entire paper.
    I will be deducting $2.00 from my bill next time around

• Ro
      11th of Jan, 2015

Today's (1-11-15) paper was soaked. No tie had been used and the plastic didn't do it. Tried the various phone numbers listed in various phone books with no success. As nearly 40 year subscriber, I expected better. Is the paper incommunicato on Sundays?

• To
      17th of Mar, 2017

I AM TIRED OF GETTING OUR PAPER AT ABOUT 7 AM EVERY DAY (WHEN IT WAS ABOUT 5:30AM BEFORE) AND A WET PAPER WHEN IT RAINS. ALSO, ONE EXAMPLE, WHY DID YOU REDUCE THE PRINT SIZE IN THE SPORTS SECTION TO A POINT THAT IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ IT? I GUESS YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO SAVE A BUCK WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND EXPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS TO PAY $34 A MONTH !!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!
    IF THIS IS GOING TO BE THE NORM WE WILL STOPPING YOUR PAPER AND TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!
    I WILL GIVE YOU ONE WEEK FOR A RESPONSE AND TO SEE IF THINGS CHANGE IF NOT WE ARE GONE!!

• H8
      16th of Jul, 2017

Newspaper arrives around 10 am or later, when it gets here at all. Terrible service and no response or improvement when complaints are made.

21st of Oct, 2018
    The Press Enterprise - Newspaper
    Menifee
    California
    pe.net

I have a Sunday a.m. delivery subscription
    I have had to call for delivery for 2 weeks in a row.
    Today week 2 I called over 2 hours ago and still no paper delivery
    This is a disgrace to the newspaper.
    I am sorry for the newspaper.

I will contact the newspaper again and hopefully get some
    compensation for the delays etc.

27th of Oct, 2018
    The Press Enterprise - newspaper billing by press enterprise
    Riverside
    California

My billing statement says 5 weeks. But when I go back to all my statements from cover date to cover date, only 1 period in the last 6 was for 35 days. The rest from month to month is for a period of 32 days. In short that means I have overpaid by 15 days. I cannot believe I am the only one affected by this overpayment scam.