PrepLogic / Terrible experience

I purchased a practice exam from Preplogic as part of a promotion where I would receive a $155 rebate towards an exam voucher. Part of the promotion said that I could not send in the rebate until 30 days after the purchase, which I followed. I sent in my rebate after 30 days, and waited an additional two months without receiving my rebate. I called them up, and they claimed that that had never received my rebate, but were still willing to honor my rebate. They then sent me my gift card, which I received about 3-4 weeks later.

Two months later I decided to redeem that gift card online to purchase my exam voucher, and their website says that the giftcard is expired, and that I had to redeem it within 90 days. I am holding all of the paperwork in my hands, and there is absolutely nothing in that paperwork that says it has any kind of expiration date. I looked online and found that there are dozens of other people that had both of the same issues that I have. Preplogic claims that their rebates were never received, and then would not honor their giftcards after receiving them. I also called Preplogic back several days in a row before I could actually get a live person on the phone. That person told me that it was clearly stated in the paperwork (which it isn't in there at all) about the expiration date. I was also told that I was 'out of luck', and that I was not going to receive my $155 towards the exam voucher. I asked to talk to a supervisor about this and my request was denied. I feel very ripped off.

I would have never made this purchase in the first place if I knew that I would not get my $155 rebate. I also made sure to carefully read all paperwork and follow all instructions carefully to avoid any kind of situation like this.

Da

Comments

• Pr
      11th of Apr, 2009

This is NOT ACCURATE - not at all. PrepLogic takes great pride in providing excellent products and support.

All of the terms of the offer were made clear on multiple pages of the promotion. The terms of the offer clearly stated that you must use the gift card within 90 days. You could have easily used the gift card as soon as you received it for a voucher that has a life of 12 months. But you waited and it expired just as the terms stated it would. And, this is after the company went above and beyond and allowed you to submit a second request after you stated that the first one was never received.

We have honored thousands of Free Voucher Requests over the past two years of this promotion. However, you must follow the simple instructions provided with the promotion as well as duplicated with your purchase to get your Free Voucher.

If PrepLogic did anything wrong, we would like to correct it. We take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact us at www.preplogic.com/support or 800-418-6789

• Kj
      16th of May, 2009

My experience with PrepLogic hasn't reached problem status yet but their website advertising does bear close scrutiny. I received an e-mail promotional offer for a CCNA training bundle which stated on the web link in bold - TOTAL: $99. (https://www.preplogic.com/corporate/advertise/inhouse/ccna_choice/ccna_cart.aspx?Campaignid=CCNA_051609...). Thinking that this was a very good offer, I ordered the bundle and it was only after receiving the order confirmation that I found an additional charge of 6 payments of $199 each was going to be charged to my credit card. Needless to say, I was completely taken in by the advertising. When I revisited the offer web page, I found a tiny "See More" link that displayed a web page describing the extra payments. Had the details been more obvious, I would never have accepted the bundle so I have invoked the "satisfaction guarantee" to cancel all payments and will see how PrepLogic responds. I would call the advertising MISLEADING but I'm sure that PrepLogic would disagree.

17th of May, 2009

KJMacKenzie - We gladly invite everyone to visit the link you provided. We haven't asked anyone to pay anything in full; and you are certainly not obligated to keep our services or pay another penny more if you decide that our CCNA training bundle doesn't meet your needs in any way. We simply asked you and other IT professionals to try us. That was the offer - to simply "try us" for $99.

For those IT professional who understand the value of certification and are serious about their careers, we feel there is simply no better training tools than those offered by PrepLogic. However, it's a leap of faith to ask someone to spend $1, 000 or more on training based on our opinion. So we have created an opportunity to try us for 30 days without obligation to pay more. If you disagree, simply cancel and pay nothing more. However, if you like the training as we believe you will, do nothing and we will debit you account 6 small monthly payments of $199. We hope this gives career minded IT professionals the chance to decided for themselves if our promises meet their expectations.

We made no attempt to be misleading. In fact, we went to great lengths to clearly spell out that this was an opportunity to **try** our training. Directly above where we ask a customer to enter their credit card information for their $99 we wrote:

"Get CCNA with MCSE and SQL Career Choices today for $99. If you're not completely happy, cancel and pay nothing more."

In the first full paragraph on the page we wrote:

"We’ll send it all to you today for just $99, and get you set up on our easy, convenient payment plan."

And yes, we even provided a blue link entitled "See More" that detailed exactly what the payment terms would be after your initial 30 day trial if you decided to keep the training. That link is the FIRST link on the page and one of only two links on the page. So we made no attempt to hide this information.

Obviously you understand that earning your CCNA would give you better job prospects. You still want to get CCNA certified. We would encourage you to see if you don't agree that our training can best help you do that. If you truly don't like it, cancel. But right now, just try it. If nothing else, you get 30 days of CCNA training for $99. That's impossible anywhere else. In fact, I think someone with the right amount of drive could actually finish our training and earn their CCNA in just 30 days. This could be the smartest thing you've ever done.

But again, if for any reason you don't want to keep our training beyond the 30 days, simply cancel. We won't ask you to pay a penny more. I think you'll agree that your career is worth that much.

Remember, we're always available via www.preplogic.com/support and 1-800-418-6789.

• Ra
      28th of May, 2009

well I sent mine in around April 1st, 30 days after and have not recieved anything, i have sent 2 emails to the salesman who I dealt with to ask the status, and both emails have gone ignored, when I was buying this sales person responded within hours, and now that I want inquire about rebate status, he doesn't respond. I am going to call tomorrow as I am approaching 90 days after purchase rapidly and if neccessry tomorrow I am going to send it out again certified mail.

• Ra
      29th of May, 2009

I emailed the general customer service today not the salesman and within 2 hours they provided me with gift card number, customer service was A++

2nd of Jun, 2009

I had similar problem with Preplogic. I purchased several practice exams and have used them to study the subjects and prepare for the real exam. One of the reasons that I used Preplogic is that their web page states very clearly that you get “UNLIMITED UPDATES”. Seeing this I believed that I would not have to buy the exam ever again and that I could go back at anytime and use the practice exam to refresh my memory on the subject at hand. I looked at the practice exams the same way I would look at a book, you buy it and can read it and re-read it anytime you want. Apparently I was wrong. The exams EXPIRE! Now, nowhere on their site does it say anything about an expiration date on the software but it does say that you get “UNLIMITED UPDATES”. They must have a totally different definition of “Unlimited” than Webster.
    To put it bluntly their statement that you get “UNLIMITED UPDATES” is nothing more than FRAUD.

2nd of Jun, 2009

Gerard - Updates to training materials are very important in the certification business. Vendors such as Cisco and Microsoft update their exams frequently, sometimes several times a year to include newer technologies. Now don't confuse their updates with new exams. For example, CompTIA will update their Network+ exam several times a year. However every three (3) years they completely revamp their Network+ exam and release a completely new version of it. They give it a new exam number to reflect this newer version. PrepLogic works aggressively to stay on top of these updates so that customers are always studying with the most accurate exam information. PrepLogic provides customers with unlimited updates to our software as we continually update our training tools to reflect the enhancements by the vendors. We also release brand new versions of our software when vendors release brand new versions of their exams with new exam numbers.

You purchased our Cisco CCNA 640-801 practice exam on April 28, 2006. Cisco RETIRED that exam in November of 2007 - after 3 years of life (this replaced the 640-607 which was retired in Nov 2004). Cisco replaced the CCNA 640-801 with the CCNA 640-802. Anyone with a CCNA 640-801 would be required to re-certify on the new 640-802. This isn't fraud, it's Cisco's certification policy.

You're attempting to study for an expired exam. PrepLogic doesn't support this exam any longer as you can't take the exam any longer. And get ready, Cisco will be updating their CCNA exam again in 2010. We're sorry for any confusion. We know better than anyone that staying on top of this certification stuff is tough. And it's not always easy to understand or follow what these vendors are doing. But our goal continues to be to give our customers the best training possible.

Again, if you have concerns, our customer service team is available at preplogic.com/support - we're here to help.

2nd of Jun, 2009

I understand that the vendors update their exams and I’m not trying to get information on the new exam. I just want to be able to use the practice exams that I already PAID for to refresh my memory on the information contained in them. I didn’t RENT your software so even if the data in it is not the latest I should still be able to use it. If your software has an expiration date then you should post that on your web page or clearly state that somewhere that you are only RENTING it so people understand to really expect.

3rd of Jun, 2009

I checked the Preplogic website again today and the only thing I found about anything expiring was mention that the exam VOUCHERS do expire. They still won’t tell the truth about their practice exams expiring. I would say read the “fine print” but I couldn’t even find anything about it there. Ever wonder what else they aren’t telling you?

3rd of Jun, 2009

Gerard - PrepLogic has expressed to you our desire to help you understand Cisco's policy regarding expiring exams. We realize it may not make sense at first blush. We've even expressed to you our desire to help you get certified. However, we remain unable to help you do any of these things via an online discussion board. Customer service is our highest priority.

If we can assist you, and we would like to, please contact our customer service team at preplogic.com/support.

11th of Jun, 2009

Gerard - We're happy to see you contacted our support team. From what they said, you seem to be pretty happy with the service they provided you. Good luck with your training.

Again, our goal is to see each of our customers get the training they need so they can get the jobs and salary they deserve. We're committed to helping IT professionals get certified. If anyone ever has questions, please contact our customer service team at http://www.preplogic.com/support

11th of Jun, 2009

The support person that I talked to this time was very understanding and was extremely helpful. My first contact can only be described as a major misunderstanding. Having received very good support this time I have to say that I am extremely satisfied with your product and your support.

Thanks

• Gs
      21st of Jul, 2009

Share with Better Business Bureau of West Florida about your experience

• Sl
      31st of Jul, 2009

I am having the same problem as KjMacKenzie about Prelogics so call deal. After ordering the $99 dollar unlimited deal i noticed that invoice saying $1599. They must be a big misunderstanding because I was not about to pay that much for any product plus there was nowhere on the ads page which mentioned the additional $1500. I called on that first business day to a sales rep to cancel my order .He told me that when I received the product just return it unopened and that my cancellation would be taken care of. I even emailed customer service about the problem and the response was it would be taken care of. That was four months ago and since then I have been disputing the charges with my credit card company they keep rebilling me. I have even dealt with online customer service who keeps trying to charge me a cancellation fee for a product which i cancelled within a few days of ordering. My next option is to cancel my card because I am not going to pay $1500 for a product which I cancelled (Where is the customer satisfaction (none)). I am very unhappy with the way this company has handled this problem and I want all my money back which i have been charged for a product which I never used or had.

31st of Jul, 2009

Slayer70, PrepLogic is as committed to helping you as we each of our valued customers. What you signed up for was a 30 day trial. And you have every right to cancel. Unfortunately, even if everthing you've stated was accurate our company still cannot help you right now. This is because you initiated a "credit card dispute" with your bank. Because you have taken this route rather than continuing to work with our staff, your credit card company requires that we deal only with them. If you would like to cancel your dispute with your bank we will be able to again work directly with you. And, I'm confident we can leave you completely satisfied with you experience!

We want to help you. We want to help you get the skills you need so you can get the job you deserve. I hope you will give us the chance. We're looking forward to helping you.

• Sl
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    PrepLogic - Reply
    PrepLogic

I did deal with your company and has received nothing than a run around. Plus you wanted to charge me a cancelation fee for something which I canceled within the thirty day period anyway.

18th of Aug, 2009

If you're not receiving exceptional customer service, there must be an misunderstanding. We pride ourselves on our exceptional products and customer service. Again, I can't help you by posting on an online discussion board and while you're using an online name. I can't research your order and I can't offer any resolutions if I don't know who you are. So I again encourage you to contact our support team at preplogic.com/support. They're there to help!

• Hi
      26th of Sep, 2009

Exceptional customer service? What planet are you living on? Scamsville!!! Your customer service laughed at me for asking for a refund. Stay away for this company!!!

• Se
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I got ripped off in the exact same way. DO NOT GIVE PREPLOGIC your credit card information!

• Fo
      15th of Oct, 2009

This company is nothing but fraud! Do not give this company any of your money. They will tell you anything to get you to join but will not deliver even when you have it in writing. Am going through the BBB and legal system to see that this does not happen to anybody else.