Prepaid / Callertune Chaos Revert

1 India Review updated:

Hi,

I am a customer of Airtel for the past few years. I am absolutely enjoying its signal quality and most of its value-added services apart from one thing. It’s the all-time traditional callertune. Look out for my review below:-

Recently the callertune madness is creating psychic circles throughout the callers. Once we activate the callertune, all we get is this 5 second message. Only after that the callertune starts playing. Fun factor is that the mobile rings immediately (The automated voice have started playing already). I actually thought that it is just another lame ad which doesn’t let the mobile ring till you ear the callertune. My Bad!!!

We activate callertune for the caller to hear a Soundtrack/Song/BGM but this is the 5 second message we get. Press * and 9 to copy this song. Charges 15 rupees per hellotune and monthly charges 30 rupees only.

We have a default 15-20 seconds pulse till the call gets cut, but the voice message eats 5 seconds of our time. Now this makes me say 'WHAT THE HELL?'

Another point to note,
This isn't an occasional happening. The voice message will be delivered to your ear buds every time you call. I guess AIRTEL is operating on six sigma quality. They don't miss a single chance to advertise their callertune. Quite frankly, they eat the customer's money to increase the caller tune’s property value without paying a penny to the customer. I am left wide open asking pitifully ‘Where did my money go?’ This is more like investing on a useless share/stock.

The callers/International customers get irritated because of the voice message. Sometimes people think they're getting a mobile switched off message. The callertune voice message is quite similar to the ‘mobile switched off’ tune.

Well,
Now I hope this review might create another (bigger) circle to cover the nasty circle formed by Airtel.

Comments

• Ra
      7th of Dec, 2007
    Prepaid - caller tones
    India

i would like to ask u to un-subcribe my caller tones which i dont want .with out our request u people(airtel) updating caller tones and deducting money from our account which is a big cheat .so kindly cancel my caller tones i dont want ur idiot caller tones any more.

• Om
      5th of May, 2008
    Prepaid - reduced balance autometically
    India

My perpaid balance is reducing day by day even though I had not used any service. Every month I get the message that "your subscription to the on demand service has been renewed" but I have not subscribed then why my balance becomes low? reply urgently!!

18th of Aug, 2008

I Want Incoming & Outgoing Call Detail On My Email Id chiragmehta6@gmail.com

11th of Sep, 2008

i want my call history incoming and outgoing calls in my history...plzzz send me...20 aug to 7 sep...plzzzz send...

• Pr
      10th of Oct, 2008

I Want Incoming & Outgoing Call Detail On My Email Id prasendeyjit@gmail.com

• Ra
      7th of Jan, 2009

I Want Incoming & Outgoing Call masseges Detail for last three month On My Email Id ishwankhede@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

• Vi
      12th of Oct, 2009
    Prepaid - balance deduction & worst behaviour
    idea cellular
    India

balance is deducted without confermation of activation of gprs.and mis behaive wid me by their people on phone now they can put my no on busy mode.this is the real case of mently harresement.if not responding then i ll complaint to consumer court.
    my no is-9887505341

• Ro
      17th of Oct, 2009
    Prepaid - disturbance
    none
    hunjan_boy@yahoo.com

Before diwali from 2 days there is some problem in my pre paid connection when i talk to someone disturbence produce during talk.why?an dthe costomercare servise is so rediclus.some time my cell catches 3g connection & sometimes normal why is this happening.

• Sb
      3rd of Nov, 2009
    Prepaid - VAS-5432105 -Did not subscribe but automatically charged Rs.10 for 10 days
    Sampoorna B Nagamalli
    India

I had not subscribed for 5432105 - however today I got a msg that "Jobs on Mobile service has been renewed. You have been charged Rs.10 for 10 days of service."

Immediately credit back the amount. How can you charge my account when i have not subscribed for the service ??????

• Pu
      22nd of Nov, 2009

I had not subscribed for 5432105 - however today I got a msg that "matrimonial service has been renewed. You have been charged Rs.10 for 10 days of service."

18th of Jan, 2010

my Sim is lost pls disconnet imedately . Name Hari Paliwal Namak Choraha SEHORE (MP) My Number is 9993409556

18th of Jan, 2010

my No.is 9993409556 I Want Incoming & Outgoing Call Detail On My Email ajay_sharma9911@yahoo.com

• Ai
      25th of Jan, 2010

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Regards,
    Vinay chugh
    Airtel Customer Service Team

24th of Feb, 2010

my no. gone barr without my permition and act. many services on my no. without my permition.

• Fa
      19th of May, 2010

always deducting from my account 5 sr why they deducting pls stop this

• Ka
      10th of Sep, 2010

dated 03/09/2010 i miss mobile in bus or anywhere please deactivate my card

• Gi
      11th of Jun, 2011

stc is always deducting SR5.00 from my account balance in my mobile.I want to deactivate my sms receiving text from facebook and stc.

• Re
      10th of Jul, 2013
    Prepaid - On staff
    Malaysia

One of your staff are very rude...your staff say he didn't make mistake in his life...and he volunteer as Mr.perfect ...what this...?
    At the 7 eleven nilai...(near by komuter station)
    Happen by today(10.07.13) eta:2205
    Please take any enquire at the your staff...

• Af
      28th of Aug, 2014

Dear STC Customer service, always deducting SR10.00 from my account balance every month in my mobile.I want to deactivate my sms receiving my mobile N0.0553598474