Premier Steel / Awful company

I have also had problems with Premier Steel. Luckily I received the building on schedule (june 10, 2008) but have spent the last 7 weeks trying to get replacement trim that was damaged during loading/shipping, as well as parts that were missing. I have gotten the run-around from their "customer service" reps the whole time. I have been told on two occasions that the parts were ready to be picked-up in east Texas (an hour and a half drive from where I live) and when we arrived to pick-up the parts, the subcontractor/metal company had no idea we were coming and had no idea that they were supposed to be supplying us with replacement parts. THESE GUYS DO NOT HAVE A CLUE. They have cost me time and money.

On top of all this, my builder has submitted orders for two more buildings from Premier (this was done prior to us having issues with Premier). His first building was supposed to have been delivered in late July... no building yet. He has been told it will now be a September delivery. Once again, the subcontractor Premier uses for their materials has no clue as this building ever being purchased or submitted for construction.

I hope Premier reads these message/complaints boards because they are going to be going to court with me VERY SOON... and I am sure there will be others.

Ol

Comments

• Ti
      15th of Jul, 2008

I have also had a nightmare experience with this company. After 7 months, I still do not have a building, they have raised the prices under threat of non delivery, and will not even communicate to let me know the status. AVOID !!!

• Ro
      18th of Aug, 2008

I have also had problems with Premier Steel. Luckily I received the building on schedule (june 10, 2008) but have spent the last 7 weeks trying to get replacement trim that was damaged during loading/shipping, as well as parts that were missing. I have gotten the run-around from their "customer service" reps the whole time. I have been told on two occassions that the parts were ready to be picked-up in east Texas (an hour and a half drive from where I live) and when we arrived to pick-up the parts, the subcontractor/metal company had no idea we were coming and had no idea that they were supposed to be supplying us with replacement parts. THESE GUYS DO NOT HAVE A CLUE. They have cost me time and money.

On top of all this, my builder has submitted orders for two more buildings from Premier (this was done prior to us having issues with Premier). His first building was supposed to have been delivered in late July...no building yet. He has been told it will now be a September delivery. Once again, the subcontractor Premier uses for their materials has no clue as this building ever being purchased or submitted for construction.

I hope Premier reads these message/complaints boards because they are going to be going to court with me VERY SOON...and I am suire there will be others.

• Ar
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    Premier Steel - Avoid this company
    Premier Steel
    premiersteel.com

We paid the deposit for a shed from this company and placed the order. On many occasions, we told them that the purchase was dependent upon approval by the county and we wrote this onto the purchase contract. Thus, shed construction should not have begun until we confirmed the specifications.

Without informing us, the company went ahead and built the shed. After numerous confrontational phone calls, some at around 7 a.m., they informed us that they had lost all of the relevant paperwork, the salesman had been fired, and that they were going to deliver the shed anyhow. If we did not accept delivery, they would charge a storage fee of $175 per day!

This is a company to avoid!!!