Premier Singles aka SaltLakeCitySingles.net / Contract terms!

Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

I hold in contempt "Premier Singles / Salt Lake City Singles.net" for not allowing a three day grace period on their contract/agreements. I hold this company in contempt for not being more flexible in the contract length and pricing. And I hold in contempt this company for not allowing the customers to cancel the agreement upon a life-changing event (i.e unemployment, death, marriage, accident, etc.) I also hold this company in contempt for selling the contracts to the highest bidder once they are signed.

They failed to disclose to me that upon signing a contract that it cannot be canceled. Had I been aware of this I would not have signed up with them. In my opinion I think they are a bunch of hypocrites and they treat the customer rudely and do not honor their customers wishes. Premier Singles / Salt Lake City Singles is a rip-off. The money spent on the company/service could be better spent elsewhere.

To Consumers I would say:

-Make changes to the contract that suit your situation/needs and if they don't allow changes to the contract then don't buy their product/service.

Comments

Ch
  21st of May, 2008
I signed a contract with Salt Lake Premier Singles on 4-2-08. On 4-3-2008, I demanded, via phone and e-mail, that my contract be cancelled immediately. I received an e-mail from premier singles on 4-3-2008 stating that they did receive my cancellation request.
I explained that I did not have that kind of money, and that I was not interested in their service. I did not create a profile, and did not bring the sales department a voided check or credit card number.
I have received a bill from Universal Account Servicing, LLC with a balace owing of 1674.30. I have been told that there is nothing I can do, there is no cancellation policy, and I will have to pay the entire balance, plus interest, etc.
I am beyond furious for not being informed or adviced or made aware of this NO cancellation policy upon signing.
I have never known of a business that does not allow, at LEAST 72 hours, to cancel a contract.
I'll do whatever it takes to make people aware of this, what I consider ILLEGAL, unethical, misrepresented, etc... Premier Singles Dating Service!
Ch
  30th of May, 2008
I signed a contract with Salt Lake Premier Singles on April 2. On April 3 I demanded that my contract be cancelled IMMEDIATELY! I received an e-mail from Premier Singles, on April 3, stating that my cancellation request had been received. I explained that I did not have that kind of money, and that I was not interested in their service. I did not create a profile, write an essay, or give the sales department and checking account or credit card number. I have received 3 bills from Universal Account Servicing, stating that I owe a balance of 1674.30. I have been told that there is nothing I can do, ther is no cancellation policy, and I will have to pay the entire balance, plus interest, etc.
I am beyond furious for not being informed or advised, or made aware of the NO CANCELLATION policy upon signing the contract.
I have never known a business that does not allow at theast 72 hours to cancel a contract. I'll do whatever it takes to make people aware of this, what I consider ILLEGAL, unethical, misrepresented company.
Ja
  30th of Jul, 2009
I also signed up with "Premier Singles / Salt Lake City Singles.net" . I was not at all satisfied with anything they did. I tried to cancel on monday after signing up on friday and was told that the 72 hour window had come and gone.I went on 1 activity with them and the guys out numbered the girls 4-1 and the girls that were there were already with guys that were there. I meet more people going to the video store than I did with this "service".They also made threats if I disclosed how much that I was paying. So for 2 long years I had the "dues" yanked from my bank account.
I think there should be a law suit in order.
AVOID THIS ORGANIZATION
Ev
  7th of Jul, 2011
I am also a victim and the company Great Expectations promised to you the sun and the moon how they are different from internet dating website...that they will help you get back to dating and that I do not have to do it on my own...yet 6 months I joined them...they have not done any services...they wanted me to go on line and still do on-line dating on their website. Why would I pay excessive rate when I can do it for free being a woman on most internet website. I cancelled my account and they sent me to Universal Account Servicing LLC for collection who harasshed me day and night.