Premier Securities Inc.Unauthorized charges

1 Review updated:

Received a letter stating I was a 'declared winner of Shoppers Sweepstakes held on Oct 5th in the 2nd category. Ticket no. [protected] drew the lucky winning NO [protected]. As one of 20 declared winners, you are entitled to the sum of $250, 000.00 US Dollars shared from total prize money of $5 Million US Dollars. Your Claim number DH/SUL-0011 has been assigned to their North American Claims Affiliate.

Enclosed is a check in the amount of $ 4, 890.00 which has been deducted from your winnings. The sole purpose of this check is for the payment of applicable Government taxes on your big winnings. The tax amount is $2985.00 US dollars to be paid by either Moneygram or Western Union. Please do not attempt to use this check until you call. You are advised to contact your claims agent for further clarification within 5 business days. Contact name is Bob Morris [protected]. Signed Yours Tr uly, Mary Long (Promotion Manager). I have taken no action at this time.

The check appears to be genuine and is identified as check number 228896 drawn on Premier Securities Inc.'s account (0041419) from Enterprise Bank, 150 N. Meramec, Clayton, MO [protected].

This looks like a SCAM. Will follow up as additional info becomes available.

Comments

• Ka
      Dec 01, 2008

My mom received the exact same thing! I think it is a scam too. Every site I have looked into for these people has said it is a scam. Watch out!!

• Jb
      Dec 01, 2008

It does look fishy but the check included with the letter is very real. Now, of course, there may be no funds to back it up but of the three sites I've reviewed, people all show different check numbers. It is likely a scam and a very elaborate one at that.

• In
      Dec 02, 2008

This is a scam!!! Several people in my city have recieved this letter and check and our PD is trying to track the ones behind this down. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CASH THOSE CHECKS...

• Th
      Dec 10, 2008

Im employed with a very reputable bank in Savannah Georgia. One of my clients came in today with one of those Premier Securities inc. checks. The check looks very legit. The only thing that alarmed me about the offer was the percentage of taxes and how the taxes were to be paid. Everyone knows when you take a lump sum payment from any type of winnings (lottery) the tax consequences are very severe(up to 40%). The instructions only required the winners to send in 2985.00 (1.5%). Also, I called the bank that was on the check and the customer service agent said ITS A SCAM.