Premier Readers Service / Beware of this scam!

United States Review updated:
I received a phone call today, Monday, October 8, 2007, from a person named Jewel telling me that I had been entered in a prize drawing. She asked for some personal information and that, in exchange for the promised watch that was to be sent to my address, I take advantage of this magazine subscription. I told her yes, thinking that I would just cancel the subscription after a few months or so. I was transfered to her supervisor, Ken. I kept asking about the payment option and the cancellation option, but was told that I couldn't cancel and that after the 60 month period, the subscription would cancel itself. The payment would've been $3.84/week, around $16/month. Out of naivety, I gave him my debit card number. I was told I was going to have to pay $60 something a month for 20-something months. After hearing this and knowing that this WAS NOT going to work, I tried to cancel, but Ken wouldn't let me. After calling the troops, my Mom, we still got nowhere. She asked to speak to Ken's supervisor and the name of the CEO of the company, but was told that's none of your business! I never told him "yes" for his records, so I'm not legally bound to anything, as far as I know.
Va

Comments

Ta
  30th of Oct, 2007
Back in July, I received a phone call from a young man who had said that I won a trip and all I had to do was to go through a trial period to receive some magazines. He told me that I can cancel at before my trail period ended so that I can get the trip. Because I was told that I could cancel, I went ahead and accepted the terms for the magazines. Before the magazines were to arrive, I called to cancel the subscription. I was told that I could not cancel because what ever the sales person told me was false and the recording overrides whatever the sales person has said. I explained to the customer service rep that this was false advertisement, if you can cancel within the alloted trial period.
Ti
  30th of Nov, 2007
I got the same call today from premier readers service. i was told that i was the runner up for $25K, a trip to 4 to australia or something else and all i had to do was try out these magazines for 60 months at $3.85 per week. I was told that i wouldn't have to give out any credit card information until i got on the phone with her supervisor, daniel ward, who then tried every way he could think of to talk me into giving my credit card info - he even tried to talk about the consumer fraud protection act, telling me that all i would have to do is dispute the charge. i told him to have a nice evening and hang up.
i'm glad this blog was on here otherwise i may have given out my information. i had my computer handy and was desperately looking for the company. if the company has been around for 23 years like daniel said, they'd have a web site.
Thanks
Tina from Virgina
Ve
  5th of Dec, 2007
I definitely got a call from the premier reader service and was told great news also that i had won a trip to Hawaii, and that i also was allowed to cancel my plan at any time. it was ridiculous on the phone, we kept getting disconnected and they were chatting in the background. i found it strange but had never experienced anything like this so i followed what the woman had asked unaware of what i was getting myself into. i know i did not fit the full description of their requirements, but the woman told me what to say to get my trip. I then received my subscription in the mail with the listings of the magazines "i had asked for" although two of the magazines on the list, i actually already had been subscribing to previously.
I called the company within a few weeks of recieveing my paper and told them i was not interested in the magazines or the trip, and she tried to offer me ways to decrease my payments but over a longer range of time. i told her i wanted nothing to do with their business and the magazines. she said that since they were following their end of their agreement, i should follow mine. and even though i told her to not send me the magizines she said then that they would recieve them in their office. i told her i was happy that i could pay four hundred dollars to them for them to recieve magizines for their coffee table at work [sarcastically.] i even said that i would pay them in full right now if that was what it took so i would never have to deal with them ever again, but she said it was impossible because i didn't fit their criteria, that of which if i didn't fit it to begin with, its intersting that now, its a problem.
she was so rude to me and again kept saying i should be thankful for her kindness of trying to decrease my payments. i told her that what would have been kind is if they didn't try to scam me. i was livid and asked them what they do when the bill is not paid, and she said they call the collection agency [she also responded very quickly, might i add.] i failed to ask her her name or id number, but since i see all these forums of others who have been stuck with the same thing, i intend to dispute their costs with my credit card company, and i certainly will give them a call tomorrow [p.r.s.] telling them this, because i am a college student working full time - and can hardly afford anything as it is. let alone paying forty dollars a month for one year. i have never felt so foolish and taken advantage of, or stuck as well, considering i know that this could very well affect my credit history.

i hope that i can resolve this, but anyone who reads this, i hope you find out before it is too late because this company will take advantage of you.
Sc
  6th of Dec, 2007
I recieved a called today 12/6/2008 from Premier Reader Services stating that I have been entered into a drawing for $100,000.00 , win a trip to Australia, and I also would recieve a diamond braclet either for myself or husband. Arnette Parker whom was the sales marketer stated I would recieve a subscription from 3 to 4 different magazines, but I would have to assist with one particular magazine. She stated I would be charged a fee of $3.84 to cover the shipping and handling of the magazines. I stated no problem, and ask how do I remit payment? She stated she was new and didn't know how that is handled. She stated she was going to allow me to verify this information with her supervisor. After a short pause Arnette Parker ask for me to repeat my address and the supervisor came on the phone. Alesia Swinton whom stated she was the supervisor verified my information and stated she would have to secure payment by credit card. I stated I didn't feel comfortable giving my information over the phone and for her company to send me a statement for payment. Alesia Swinton confirmed the stability of her company and stated that my credit card company covers fraud on my account. That didn't sit well with me, and stated to her that after I verify the company and if legitimate I would call them with my information. Reading through this forum allowed me to know I made the right decision. Thanks Folks!
Er
  12th of Dec, 2007
I work for this company. It is NOT a scam. If you've agreed to the terms and conditions you should abide by them. I'm sick of reading blogs saying that this is a scam. We are accredited by the BBB and if you have a problem with cancelling... call the 800 number and tell them that you'll contact them if you're not allowed to cancel. They'll later do it for you.

Stop complaining and whyning. We've done nothing wrong!
  20th of Dec, 2007
Erin,

You should be ashamed of yourself that you work for this company... your a jerk!
Da
  20th of Dec, 2007
I called the company about 3 times to get my name and info removed from the list. Talk about the biggest hastle I've ever dealt with. They kept transfering me around and saying things would get done. Nothing got done because I called back to make sure. Lies. Not a scam? I think not. Luckily I didn't give them anymore information.
M
  22nd of Dec, 2007
I had problems very similar to most of yours, I gave them my credit card info and am too coughing up $40.00 a month that I don't have for magazines and a trip I never signed for. I visited the BBB website and despite what their employee says, P.R.S. is NOT BBB accredited. I filed a complaint with the BBB and am in the process of disputing their charges with my credit card company. Hopefully the whole thing is resolved and I'll get my money and privacy back.
  26th of Dec, 2007
I got a postcard in the mail that said we have good news for you they told me i won an online shopping spree for 1000.00 i asked them how i was entered and i was told it was something i had entered online then they started with the whole magazine thing it went so fast before i knew it i am paying 39.88 for 24 monthes that is about 957.00 after it is all said and done. I am tryng to cancel this now but you bet i will be reporting them to the BBB.
  26th of Dec, 2007
I worked for IMA in va beach on va beach blvd for four months and found out that the company was ripping me off. I studied the methods day in and day out.They care about the company and thats it. When they call they say prs.Thats a lie. They are IMA. They laugh when you give your cc info. At this point your locked in. I can tell you what you want to know. If you are a victim please feel free to contact me at my web-site. They still have other sleepers in other departments.I am in contact. Do not be scared.Call me. JW
  26th of Dec, 2007
Jerry your right. The company is a fraud.
  26th of Dec, 2007
I can say that IMA or PRS does not care what you do. I got caught sniffing coke in the womens bathroom. Only after the 5th time did my boss named brooke fire me. She does the same thing but thats ok. They all do.
  26th of Dec, 2007
THE people working at IMA have no idea. They have no sense of being ripped. The owner and family make out fat.
  27th of Dec, 2007
I just got scammed this morning by a lady saying the exact things that have already been said about the being in a prize to win 24K, the BMW, and trip for 4 to Austrailia, the magazines, the diamond watch etc etc. She was very sweet and personable so I trusted her. The odd thing is, she and her supervisor already had all of my information ahead of time including credit card. I knew something was up and I did not agree to it towards the end when I knew it was fishy. I immediatley wrote down the supervisors name (Daniel) and the company (Premier Reader Service) and looked it up online. Thank God I wasn't alone in this. When I saw how big of a scam this was I called my credit card company and I now have a dispute on it so whenever those charges come up they will be canceled. I just hope this doesn't happen to more people. The employees at PRS are sick people who find humor in taking advantage of gullible people. Idiots.
  28th of Dec, 2007
ANOTHER THING STAY OFF THE COMPUTER IF U DONT WANT YOUR IMFORTMATION OUT THERE........ONLINE IS A OPEN DOOR AWAY FROM BEING SCAN. ................YOU CANT REALLY SAY NOTHING BAD,WHEN YOUR THE ONE ON THE COMPUTER,AND YOUR THE ONE ON THE PHONE.THEY TELL YOU FROM THE JUMP THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY ANY THING...HERE A HINT: SO IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING GET OFF THE PHONE JACKASS SO WHEN YOU GET SCAN ITS ALL ON YOU...........................THE MESSAGER
  28th of Dec, 2007
AND TO U SO CALL EMPLOYEE'S THAT USE TO WORK THERE IM SHOCK FROM WHAT I AM READING REGRADLESS OF THE MATTER YOU SHOULD BE THE LAST PEOPLE UP HERE, YES I USE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY ALSO I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT WORK THERE...................I MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. ERIN JUST MAD SHE DONT HAVE A JOB WHERE SHE COULD GO GET HIGH ON COKE. THAT IS A DRUG FREE PLACE. AND JERRY HE JUST DIDNT MAKE MONEY WHILE HE WAS THERE THATS WHY HES SNITCHING HES A ### FOT DOING THAT...............I GUESS ITS TRUE ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY IT WAS ALL GOOOD................A CHECK AGO....................THE MESSAGER
  28th of Dec, 2007
STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHINGS TOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING STOP SNITCHING
Su
sue smith
Be
  31st of Jan, 2008
hey ed mayo why you ### everyone
Wh